Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun T5220 Firmware question
Special Forums Hardware Sun T5220 Firmware question Post 302606755 by vmcore on Monday 12th of March 2012 04:15:55 PM
Old 03-12-2012
Agree with you, my data was little old. Bottom line is that firmware "families" are for different customers needing to be on same level of FW "family" regardless of purchase date. There are many custom installations for T5xxx, and I as a customer may have requirement for specific family of FW. Sun has tried to be accommodating to all, and now they need to support it going forward.
From my experience it comes down to features and need for them. Assuming no bug forces you to upgrade.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun T5210 & T5220

Hi! Does anybody got some experiences with the Sun Server T5210 or T5220? -> especially in network configuration! Thanks... BYE (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaufmoa
2 Replies

2. Hardware

Sun Oracle Netra T5220 processor help

I recently required some Sun Oracle Netra T5220s. I do not have much knowledge of Sun products. The units do not have video cards or hard drives. How can I tell/go about figuring out what clock speed and how many cores the processor is? They are all outfitted with 32GB of memory. Two are... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerdboy
11 Replies

3. Solaris

I can't boot my Sun T5220 server from cdrom.

hi:) i can't boot my sun server by iso solaris 10 sparc dvd that i did download from oracle site. my hardware is sun T5220. i receive these after running boot cdrom -s : can't read disk lable can't open disk lable package ERROR: boot-read fail whould u help me? Please use CODE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arefdel
1 Replies
CREATE OPERATOR 
FAMILY(7) SQL Commands CREATE OPERATOR FAMILY(7) NAME
CREATE OPERATOR FAMILY - define a new operator family SYNOPSIS
CREATE OPERATOR FAMILY name USING index_method DESCRIPTION
CREATE OPERATOR FAMILY creates a new operator family. An operator family defines a collection of related operator classes, and perhaps some additional operators and support functions that are compatible with these operator classes but not essential for the functioning of any individual index. (Operators and functions that are essential to indexes should be grouped within the relevant operator class, rather than being ``loose'' in the operator family. Typically, single-data-type operators are bound to operator classes, while cross-data-type operators can be loose in an operator family containing operator classes for both data types.) The new operator family is initially empty. It should be populated by issuing subsequent CREATE OPERATOR CLASS commands to add contained operator classes, and optionally ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY commands to add ``loose'' operators and their corresponding support functions. If a schema name is given then the operator family is created in the specified schema. Otherwise it is created in the current schema. Two operator families in the same schema can have the same name only if they are for different index methods. The user who defines an operator family becomes its owner. Presently, the creating user must be a superuser. (This restriction is made because an erroneous operator family definition could confuse or even crash the server.) Refer to in the documentation for further information. PARAMETERS
name The name of the operator family to be created. The name can be schema-qualified. index_method The name of the index method this operator family is for. COMPATIBILITY
CREATE OPERATOR FAMILY is a PostgreSQL extension. There is no CREATE OPERATOR FAMILY statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY [alter_operator_family(7)], DROP OPERATOR FAMILY [drop_operator_family(7)], CREATE OPERATOR CLASS [create_opera- tor_class(7)], ALTER OPERATOR CLASS [alter_operator_class(7)], DROP OPERATOR CLASS [drop_operator_class(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 CREATE OPERATOR FAMILY(7)