Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk and duplicate lines - little complicated Post 302606423 by shadowww on Sunday 11th of March 2012 10:30:19 AM
Old 03-11-2012
Yep seems like that is exactly what I wanted, only kinda suprised it cut my file almost in half size o_o
Need test a little bit more...

edit: well, this is it 100%
tested and retested, thanks Scrutinizer, love you!

Last edited by shadowww; 03-12-2012 at 12:19 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print duplicate only lines as normal output - Awk

input output a1 100 200 XYZ_X a1 98 188 ABC (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to remove duplicate lines with perl,sed,awk

Input: hello hello hello hello monkey donkey hello hello drink dance drink Output should be: hello hello monkey donkey drink dance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: How to merge duplicate lines and print in a single

The input file: >cat module1 200611051053 95 200523457498 35 200617890187 57 200726098123 66 200645676712 71 200744556590 68 >cat module2 200645676712 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: winter9
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicate lines using awk

Hi, I came to know that using awk '!x++' removes the duplicate lines. Can anyone please explain the above syntax. I want to understand how the above awk syntax removes the duplicates. Thanks in advance, sudvishw :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Duplicate lines multiple times based on a calculated value

Hi, I'm trying to create an XML sitemap of our dynamic ecommerce sites SEO Friendly URLs and am trying to create the initial page listing. I have a CSV file that looks like the following and need duplicate the lines based on a value which needs calculating. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamesfx
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[uniq + awk?] How to remove duplicate blocks of lines in files?

Hello again, I am wanting to remove all duplicate blocks of XML code in a file. This is an example: input: <string-array name="threeItems"> <item>item1</item> <item>item2</item> <item>item3</item> </string-array> <string-array name="twoItems"> <item>item1</item> <item>item2</item>... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Command to duplicate lines in a file?

Hi, I have a file with date in it like: UserString1 UserString2 UserString3 UserString4 UserString5 I need two entries for each line so it reads like UserString1 UserString1 UserString2 UserString2 etc. Can someone help me with the awk command please? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to sum column field from duplicate row/lines

Hello, I am new to Linux environment , I working on Linux script which should send auto email based on the specific condition from log file. Below is the sample log file Name m/c usage abc xxx 10 abc xxx 20 abc xxx 5 xyz ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk solution to duplicate lines based on column

Hi experts, I have a tab-delimited file with one column containing values separated by a comma. I wish to duplicate the entire line for every value in that comma-delimited field. For example: $cat file 4444 4444 4444 4444 9990 2222,7777 6666 2222 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put the command to remove duplicate lines in my awk script?

I create a CGI in bash/html. My awk script looks like : echo "<table>" for fn in /var/www/cgi-bin/LPAR_MAP/*; do echo "<td>" echo "<PRE>" awk -F',|;' -v test="$test" ' NR==1 { split(FILENAME ,a,""); } $0 ~ test { if(!header++){ ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tim2424
12 Replies
PHOTON(1)																 PHOTON(1)

NAME
photon - generates photo albums SYNOPSIS
photon [OPTIONS] [PATH] DESCRIPTION
Photon generates clean, yet configurable, static HTML photo galleries. All of the work is done from the command line, and the resulting output can easily be configured by changing the template files found in /usr/share/photon/templates. To create a new template (skin), first create a new directory: mkdir -p ${HOME}/.photon/templates/my_theme/ Then copy the contents of /usr/share/photon/templates/photonv1/ to this new directory. Photon only needs three files to build pages: index.html used to display the content of a folder image.html used to display the page for an image movie.html used to display the page for a movie If a file is missing, then photon will throw an error and will not run. HOW TO BUILD A GALLERY
Quick start $ photon -o myoutputdir /photos Use the gimp plugin $ photon --resize-plugin=gimp -v -o myoutputdir /photos Change the size for all images and the thumbnail and keep the original photo $ photon --sizelist=0,1600x1200,800x600 --thumbsize=320x240 -o myoutputdir /photos Create a gallery from your custom template (skin) $ photon -k my_theme -o myoutputdir /photos See photon help $ photon --help OPTIONS
-a | --awstats Insert Javascript for Awstats --awstats-url=URL Change default value for Awstats script url -c NAME | --comment Name of the comment file (default .comments) -d NUM | --display-columns=NUM Number of columns in index (default 3) -E | --no-exif Don't include EXIF information in HTML file -f | --force Overwrite non-image generated files (html, javascript, etc) (default no) -ff | --force --force Overwrite image files (default no) -h | --help Print this help -I | --no-index Do not generate the high level index.html -J | --no-javascript Do not use javascript (no shortcuts, ... ) -k | --skin=THEME Skin selector (default photonv1) --print-skins Print out available skins (templates) -l NUM | --display-lines=NUM Number of lines in index (default 5) -m | --movie Movie mode, include link to movie (*.mov) -o NAME | --output-directory=NAME Name of the output directory -s LIST | --sizelist=LIST Image sizes (default 0,1024x768,800x600,640x480). Zero, which is the default, uses the original resolution. W x H specifies the width and height of the image in pixels. -t SIZE | --thumbsize=SIZE Size of thumbnails (default 160x120) -v | --verbose Verbosely print information -V | --version Print program version number -z | --compress Compress the original image if selected (default copy the image) --exif-bordercolor=COLOR Exif window border color (default #008000) --exif-bgcolor=COLOR Exif window background color (default #f0fff0) --exif-fgcolor=COLOR Exif window text color (default black) --body-bgcolor=COLOR Body background color (default #ccccff) --img-bgcolor=COLOR Image background color (default white) --exclude=PATTERN Exclude files matching PATTERN --resize-plugin=PLUG Where PLUG is the program used to create thumbnails internal: fastest method (default) gimp: use Gimp>1.x (better quality) --resize-quality-low=NUM Quality for small image. 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --resize-quality-high=NUM Quality for big image 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --gimp-program=PROG use PROG for gimp SHORTCUTS WHILE VIEWING AN IMAGE
n/SPACE Go to the next image (with the same resolution) p/BACKSPACE Go to the previous image (with the same resolution) s Start/Stop the slideshow +/- Increase/Decrease by one second the slideshow's period h Show shortcut and help i Show Exif information z Change to the higher resolution [NOT YET IMPLEMENTED] SEE ALSO
gimp(1) AUTHOR
Written by Luc Saillard, <luc@saillard.org> Main web site: http://www.saillard.org/programs_and_patches/photon/ This manual page was written by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> for the Debian project but may be used by others. 12/16/2006 PHOTON(1)