Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: openssl issue
Operating Systems AIX openssl issue Post 302606322 by newaix on Saturday 10th of March 2012 03:54:01 PM
Old 03-10-2012
openssl issue

Gurus,
As per audit recommendation i have installed openssl.base 0.9.8.803 and upgraded openssl from 9.7l to 9.8 as prerequisits. But post these installation ssh fails with below error message.

Code:
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ssh because of the following errors:
        0509-150   Dependent module /usr/lib/libcrypto.a(libcrypto.so.0.9.7) could not be loaded.
        0509-152   Member libcrypto.so.0.9.7 is not found in archive

I understand that system fails to load library 0.9.7 . I thinks the same library file is part of openssl 9.7 . But i dont under stand why system still try to load 9.7 since openssl upgraded to 9.8.

openssl software is a rpm package. I wish to know how to install rpm packages with committed option with NO .

Regards
newaix

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

openssl help

I ungraded my openssl on sun solaris 8 from openssl 0.9.6c to openssl 0.9.6g the ungrade went fine but when I tried to ssh in to server, I received the following error message "ld.so.1: ./sshd: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6: symbol main: referenced symbol... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

openssl ca ke issue

Hi everybody: here is my tale: I need to create some ssl certificates, so I did it with my Linux; I created de CA key and all the other stuff, and of course the certificates needed. The thing is I had to replace mi hard drive and I backed up all the info but I forgot to backup the /etc/ssl. Of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using openssl

All, I am new to openssl and I have not been able to figure out exactly how to use it. What I need to do is to create a shell script which FTPS's (SFTP is not allowed on my project) a file to a mainframe. The mainframe will not initiate a session with my server. Question. Are the packages... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelInDC
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Openssl 0.9.8r

Hi Peeps, Having trouble compiling openssl 0.9.8r on Solaris 10 x86. The make test fails when running the shatests (segmentation faults). There is a PROBLEM file that references a file called values.c. Anyone know whereabouts in the source tree you put this file as the file doesn't tell you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Openssl issue

Hi, I am using openssl as below for encryption of a string ( foo) and I have to pass the password twice for the same. echo 'foo' | openssl aes-256-cbc -a -salt enter aes-256-cbc encryption password: Verifying - enter aes-256-cbc encryption password:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 46019
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Issue w/manually installing OpenSSL 1.0.1j

My Redhat Enterprise 5 system is vulnerable to POODLE and there does not seem to be a Redhat fix coming down the pipe. So I have downloaded OpenSSL 1.0.1j from source and built it. My question is ho do I make sure the Apache and Tomcat use the1.0.1j version and not the distro version. Thanks,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: caspersgrin
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Openssl vulnerabilities

Hi there, The following openssl package are installed on the machine (openssl-1.0.0-27.el6_4.2.x86_64). It isn't the last version but I need to known if this content Vulnerabilities... How to check that on RedHat? Could you please tell me how to find this information?? Thankx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiero_nymus
3 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

OpenSSL

I just started playing around with Unix's OpenSSL utility. I can't seem to get the hang of it, and the man page isn't helping much. I wanted to experiment with file encryption, so I created a dummy text file with one line of text and tried to encrypt it using DES. I used the following command: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Openssl upgrade

Hello Admins. I need to upgrade the openssl version in Solaris 10 due to vulnerabilities. When I checked the current version, it shows: bash-3.2# openssl version OpenSSL 1.0.2n 7 Dec 2017 bash-3.2# which openssl /usr/bin/openssl When I installed the new one, its getting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
0 Replies
ENGINE(1SSL)							      OpenSSL							      ENGINE(1SSL)

NAME
openssl-engine, engine - load and query engines SYNOPSIS
openssl engine [ engine... ] [-v] [-vv] [-vvv] [-vvv] [-vvv] [-c] [-t] [-tt] [-pre command] [-post command] [ engine... ] DESCRIPTION
The engine command is used to query the status and capabilities of the specified engine's. Engines may be specified before and after all other command-line flags. Only those specified are queried. OPTIONS
-v -vv -vvv -vvvv Provides information about each specified engine. The first flag lists all the possible run-time control commands; the second adds a description of each command; the third adds the input flags, and the final option adds the internal input flags. -c Lists the capabilities of each engine. -t Tests if each specified engine is available, and displays the answer. -tt Displays an error trace for any unavailable engine. -pre command -post command Command-line configuration of engines. The -pre command is given to the engine before it is loaded and the -post command is given after the engine is loaded. The command is of the form cmd:val where cmd is the command, and val is the value for the command. See the example below. EXAMPLE
To list all the commands available to a dynamic engine: $ openssl engine -t -tt -vvvv dynamic (dynamic) Dynamic engine loading support [ unavailable ] SO_PATH: Specifies the path to the new ENGINE shared library (input flags): STRING NO_VCHECK: Specifies to continue even if version checking fails (boolean) (input flags): NUMERIC ID: Specifies an ENGINE id name for loading (input flags): STRING LIST_ADD: Whether to add a loaded ENGINE to the internal list (0=no,1=yes,2=mandatory) (input flags): NUMERIC DIR_LOAD: Specifies whether to load from 'DIR_ADD' directories (0=no,1=yes,2=mandatory) (input flags): NUMERIC DIR_ADD: Adds a directory from which ENGINEs can be loaded (input flags): STRING LOAD: Load up the ENGINE specified by other settings (input flags): NO_INPUT To list the capabilities of the rsax engine: $ openssl engine -c (rsax) RSAX engine support [RSA] (dynamic) Dynamic engine loading support ENVIRONMENT
OPENSSL_ENGINES The path to the engines directory. SEE ALSO
config(5) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2016-2018 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved. Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at <https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html>. 1.1.1a 2018-12-18 ENGINE(1SSL)