Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file removed
Operating Systems Linux file removed Post 302606148 by darling on Friday 9th of March 2012 04:06:40 PM
Old 03-09-2012
file removed

Hi Team,

I have deleted a file accidentally by using rm command. I am not the root(admin) user. Can you please let me know how to get that .tex file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

after init all /tmp file has been removed

I'm new in Solaris server After the system support reboot the Solaris server, all the files in /tmp has been removed, is that normal under Solaris or under different init level will get different result? which init level will do that? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yesthomas
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please Help. Strings in file 1 need to be searched and removed from file 2

Please help. Here is my problem. I have 9000 lines in file a and 500,000 lines in file b. For each line in file a I need to search file b and remove that line. I am currently using the grep -v command and loading the output into a new file. However, because of the size of file b this takes an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjs3221
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to removed chr(10) characters in a file

Hi, How do we remove an extra new line in a file. New line in ascii is called chr(10). Suppose we have a file as: 12345 98765 ------ ------ From the above i represented new line with dashed lines. Basically i have 2 new lines with white space at the end of the file. How do i removes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to update rpm database regarding removed file of a package?

For Suppose, I have installed a package having files file1, file2 and file3. After installation, I removed the file "file3". But "rpm -qf file3" is giving the package name, even file3 was not there. And also "rpm -ql package" is also displaying all 3 files. How can i update rpm database about... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
6 Replies

5. Programming

The fwrite function is not returning error, if the file was removed.

The fwrite function call is not returning error, when the file it writes to is removed, please advise on how to find if the file already opened and being written by a program is removed manually or by some other process. please see the code below, #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
3 Replies

6. Solaris

File system full - not removed: No space left on device

Does anyone have any advise on trying to clean up a full filesystem? I can't rm any files because of the follow: not removed: No space left on device Any help would be very much appreciated. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: craigsky
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error removed from file

Below is a flowchart of a program. Most everything works as expected, but there are a couple of issues that I need some expert help on. The check function was setup initially for a single user input. The input has been modified to allow for multiple inputs, so the code below does not work. My... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
15 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File Containing Extra delimiter should be removed

The input file is this: a|b|c|d x|y|z|n||||||||| p|q|r|s||| g|h|i| w|e|r|| Now as per requirement , each row should have only 3 delimiter. Now the 2nd row & last row has an extra delimiter, How to remove that ? In some large file having 100K data , there can be 100 such rows having... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikdKunal
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File Management: Removing of files from Server2 IF the same file is removed from Server1.

Hi Folks, I have a requirement of file management on different servers. Source Server is SERVER-A. Two servers will fetch files from SERVER-A: SERVER1 and SERVER2. 4th SERVER is SERVER-B, It will fetch files from SERVER1. If SERVER1 goes DOWN, SERVER-B will fetch pending files from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recover the original file once removed

Hi All, Is there is any machanisim, once delete the file can we restore it. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk123
8 Replies
condor_preen(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   condor_preen(1)

Name
       condor_preen remove - extraneous files from Condor directories

Synopsis
       condor_preen [-mail] [-remove] [-verbose]

Description
       condor_preenexamines  the  directories belonging to Condor, and removes extraneous files and directories which may be left over from Condor
       processes which terminated abnormally either due to internal errors or a system crash. The directories checked are the  LOG  ,	EXECUTE  ,
       and   SPOOL directories as defined in the Condor configuration files. condor_preenis intended to be run as user	root or user  condor peri-
       odically as a backup method to ensure reasonable file system cleanliness in the face of errors. This is done automatically  by  default	by
       the condor_masterdaemon. It may also be explicitly invoked on an as needed basis.

When  condor_preencleans the  SPOOL directory, it always leaves behind the files specified in the configuration variable  VALID_SPOOL_FILES
       as given by the configuration. For the  LOG directory, the only files removed or reported are those listed within the  configuration  vari-
       able   INVALID_LOG_FILES  list. The reason for this difference is that, in general, the files in the  LOG directory ought to be left alone,
       with few exceptions. An example of exceptions are core files. As there are new log files introduced regularly, it is less effort to specify
       those that ought to be removed than those that are not to be removed.

Options
       -mail

Send mail to the user defined in the	PREEN_ADMIN configuration variable, instead of writing to the standard output.

-remove

Remove the offending files and directories rather than reporting on them.

-verbose

List all files found in the Condor directories, even those which are not considered extraneous.

Exit Status
       condor_preenwill exit with a status value of 0 (zero) upon success, and it will exit with the value 1 (one) upon failure.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright  (C)  1990-2012  Condor  Team,  Computer  Sciences Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI. All Rights Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012						   condor_preen(1)