Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rm error codes and logging
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting rm error codes and logging Post 302606110 by Scott on Friday 9th of March 2012 02:38:51 PM
Old 03-09-2012
Nine minutes is quick. Congrats to Dave.

Thanks for updating Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GNU's make error codes - list

Hi, I often encounter make errors. Many a times, a corresponding error code is also shown, like make: Error 56 (ignored) make: Error 91 (ignored) make: Error 96 (ignored) et al. I tried google'ing as well as searching this forum for what these error codes mean. I know, make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vino
1 Replies

2. AIX

pSeries 610 error codes

I have been given some pSeries AIX servers to maintain. One of the servers wont come up after a shutdown and the following code is showing on the server: 10118401 How do I look up the error code? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Printing unix error codes

Hi Friends, I need your help in understanding this: :rolleyes: I want to print the error numbers returned by the system calls (not the actual integers but the strings that they match to). The error numbers like EACCESS, ENOMEM, ENOENT etc ... For eg: returnCode = open(somefile,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaya2006
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh use of error codes

I want to import the info to shell when the connection to remote host was closed . I have follwed by ssh errors but how to use variables in script. I am thinking out loud the shell script could look as follow: svnvaraible=$ERROR_SSH_CONNECTION_LOST if ; then break fi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Michal Janusz
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun T2000 error codes

I got a Power supply failure. I replaced the power supply and still got the error. Any ideas on what I should try next? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 642fiddi
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error Codes for VCS

Do we have common VCS error codes for all platforms. eg. 10195 Agent(s) for group %s failed on system %s for all Linux,Solaris and windows ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing Oracle SQL Error Codes

My issue pertains to earlier posts like exit unix script after sqlerror in procedure - dBforums SQLPLUS Error Capturing | Unix Linux Forums | Shell Programming and Scripting We are executing PL/SQL blocks from shell scripts using SQLPLUS. The error code has to be captured into a logfile that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome_rajan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP exit and error codes

I have a script which connects to a remote server via FTP and gets some file from there. #!/bin/bash /usr/bin/ftp -n remote.hostname.com <<EOF quote USER user123 quote PASS password123 lcd /dir1/dir2/dir3 cd / mget file_pattern* close bye EOF rc=$? if ] ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH - Propagation of error codes

Hello. I use bash functions which are in different script files. Theses scripts function files are sourced when necessary. As function does not easily return string value, Value are return using the echo function, and a return code is returned.. Now here my question : In the main script I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing error codes in SFTP commands

Hi, I have been using the SFTP commands in my reusable shell scripts to perform Get/Put operation. The script has a list of 6 errors which i am capturing through the log file using grep command. But I feel there might me more errors which the script might need to capture. I tried to capture the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby_2000
2 Replies
DACSINIT(1)						       DACS Commands Manual						       DACSINIT(1)

NAME
dacsinit - Configure a minimal DACS federation interactively SYNOPSIS
dacsinit [-d] [-n] DESCRIPTION
This program is part of the DACS suite. The dacsinit command interactively creates a minimal DACS federation and jurisdiction. By default, the program uses the default paths that were established when DACS was built and the example paths used by dacs.quick(7)[1]. When prompted, typing Return/Enter selects the default value. It can also be used to create a configuration for a federation with one very basic jurisdiction based on names input to dacsinit. The resulting configuration can then be extended or customized manually. Note This program can be found in the distribution's src directory. It is not copied elsewhere during installation. OPTIONS
The following options are accepted: -d Avoid overwriting "real" files by appending a a suffix ("-xxx") to all files installed by this program. This is useful for debugging, but you must clean up these bogus files manually. -n Do not actually do anything, but print the actions that would be done. Can be used with -d. DIAGNOSTICS
The program exits 0 if everything was fine, 1 if an error occurred. SEE ALSO
dacs.quick(7)[1] AUTHOR
Distributed Systems Software (www.dss.ca[2]) COPYING
Copyright2003-2012 Distributed Systems Software. See the LICENSE[3] file that accompanies the distribution for licensing information. NOTES
1. dacs.quick(7) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.quick.7.html 2. www.dss.ca http://www.dss.ca 3. LICENSE http://dacs.dss.ca/man/../misc/LICENSE DACS 1.4.27b 10/22/2012 DACSINIT(1)