Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: kenel panic not syncing
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu kenel panic not syncing Post 302606092 by dr_mabuse on Friday 9th of March 2012 01:45:45 PM
Old 03-09-2012
unable to open rtc device (rtc0) n udev_fallback_graphics main process (914) termination

hi

I added some other modules in the .config file, looking from the current kernel configuration. Now, I the the the below two problem when I select the new kernel in boot loader in safe or normal mode:

in normal mode:
Code:
[1.737135] drivers/rtc/hctosys.c:unable to open rtc device (rtc0)

in safe mode:

Code:
init:udev_fallback_graphics main process (914) terminated with status 1, the disk drive for / is not ready yet or not present.
continue to wait; or press S to skip mounting or M for manual recovery

if I press S, then I can login to the system! and, when i run the following command dpkg -i to install kernel_image and the kernel_headers a window pops up n says that fglrx error. i think that's got something to do with the ATI grahics driver.
do you have any idea how i can fix the two problems? especially the first one, as I need this cutomized kernel to be set as a real time kernel.

see, is the rtc error because my laptop motherboard does not support rtc?

Last edited by dr_mabuse; 03-09-2012 at 03:07 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

filesystem syncing

Does anyone know if there is free software that can keep 2 filesystem on remote machines , synced. This will be part of our Disaster Recovery to keep one machine off site , which will take over should the need arise.. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdr011
6 Replies

2. Linux

NTPD seems to be not syncing !!!

Hi Linux Admin Guys My onsite server is always 15 min slow and seems like NTPD (Network Time Protocol (NTP) daemon) not running properly. can anyone suggest me how to rectify this problem? we can't seem to get NTP to properly sync the clock. Any help is resolving the issue will be helpful.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel panic - not syncing == While RHEL AS install

I am trying to Install RHEL AS 4 on x86 pc, through VNC and got the below error, Am not pretty sure as how to resolve this. Can some one guide me through the process, or what might be missing.... Have Installed RHEL, many a times but cudnt find this out... Wud appreciate an early reply ......... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy_murli
0 Replies

4. Linux

Kernel panic - not syncing: cannot execute a PAE-enabled kernel on PAE-less CPU

ok so I just installed fedora core 6 on my dell inspiron 700m and I go to boot into linux and I get this error. Has anyone seen this before? I also had XP Pro and Vista installed on this pc prior to putting fedora core 6 on the machine. I'm trying to setup a triple boot system. Please Help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave043
2 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

kernel panic-not syncing:fatal exception while booting

Hi ALL, I am getting error.. kernal panic-not syncing:fatal exception while booting. Please help me.. Thanks Jack (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack00423
7 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

RAID syncing 2 partitions

Hi all, I tried setting up RAID between 2 partitions and it was success. If I write some things on /dev/md0, both partition got affected. Then I stop the RAID, and I mounted one of my partition and I created a file in it. Now I started the RAID (mdadm --assemble --scan) What I expected... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmananindia
1 Replies

7. Slackware

Help with kernel panic - not syncing slackware 13.0

Hi, first of all I'm 110% newbie, sorry for any mistake if I made it. In my country there are no normal or active linux forums, so i found this forum. Ok, that's for begining, but not for may real problem. --------------------------------------------------- I am system administrator... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElvijsL
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Error: kernal panic not syncing

HI All, server stopped here, we are suspecting server crash, need install new OS. Any suggestions on this. kindly help to us. Thanks Rajesh (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Kernel panic-not syncing

dear experts linux i am using RHEL 5.5 run on a physical server. i am front of a big trouble, the Rhel can't run correctly , it show me this error message in black screen: reading all physical volumes. this my take a while .. found volume group "VolGroup00" using metadata type lvm2 9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wassimpb
1 Replies
ubuntu-upload-permission(1)				      General Commands Manual				       ubuntu-upload-permission(1)

NAME
ubuntu-upload-permission - Query upload rights and (optionally) list the people and teams with upload rights for a package SYNOPSIS
ubuntu-upload-permission [options] package DESCRIPTION
ubuntu-upload-permission checks if the user has upload permissions for package. If the --list-uploaders option is provided, all the people and teams that do have upload rights for package will be listed. OPTIONS
-r RELEASE, --release=RELEASE Query permissions in RELEASE. Default: current development release. -a, --list-uploaders List all the people and teams who have upload rights for package. -t, --list-team-members List all the members of every team with rights. (Implies --list-uploaders) -h, --help Display a help message and exit EXIT STATUS
0 You have the necessary upload rights. 1 You don't have the necessary upload rights. 2 There was an error. AUTHORS
ubuntu-upload-permission and this manpage were written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the ISC License. ubuntu-dev-tools November 2011 ubuntu-upload-permission(1)