Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Routing RTNETLINK answers: No such process Post 302606036 by mark54g on Friday 9th of March 2012 11:31:28 AM
Old 03-09-2012
I figured that the problem was one of routing. Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I Need Some (help)answers Asap

can someone explain the meaning of the following shell commands: 1. who / wc -l 2. who / sort > user_names 3. cat students > new_students 4. current_day='date / cut -cl-3' i would also appreciated if you could tell me some things about the umask 1. what is a good umask value and why? 2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakis
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic script for yes and no answers

What is the basic syntax for a script that says do you want to do this? y - execute this n - end not y or n - end and print this for example if I want to run this: "Do you want to start this process?" answer if y,Y, or yes then run the following script (do I put the script with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need FIX for: RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

OK...I'm using the latest version of Fedora 10. My network connection was working fine, and I had several network LAN shares on my desktop. Then I rebooted the system without dismounting those shares first. ooops. <:( ...When the system came back up, my network connection was gone. All... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pudnik
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question and answers

Hello All, I need to prepare for interview. Can any body help me with interview question and answers pls.. Regards, Sam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
2 Replies

5. Linux

bringing up interface eth0 rtnetlink

Hi all, OS: fedora release 10 when i try to restart network service, ending up with following errors. There are two interfaces eth0 and eth1 bringing up interface eth0 rtnetlink answers file exists error adding <IP Address here> to eth0 bringing up interface eth0 rtnetlink answers... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need answers urgently!!

hello guys!! need 1 favour from u all.. Can u jst tell me the answers for these ques?? 1. ls - l _____ : command to return all files that end with single digit and those with TXT extension 2. ls -l report* _______ : command to return all files that start with the word RPT except those with LOG... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gan_7
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

What's the rtnetlink behavior if adding or removing ethernet?

Hello All, While I am studying on RTNETLINK, I understand that the kernel will send RTM_ADDLINK or RTM_DELLINK if interface is added/removed at kernel space. However, I have a question regarding to the RTNETLINK message if adding or removing ethernet to/from bridge? Since adding or removing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: urnoicxk
0 Replies

8. Programming

Always giving the answers as 1

Hi, I have wrote a python program to sum the numbers in a list.However its giving answer one. Please advise. MyList = Number = int(input("Please enter number:")) for i in range(1, Number + 1): value = int(input("Enter Numbers %d:" %i)) MyList.append(value) total =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
3 Replies
DNROUTE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							DNROUTE(8)

NAME
dnroute - DECnet Routing Daemon SYNOPSIS
dnroute [options] Options: [-dvV2Dtnhr] DESCRIPTION
dnroute is a daemon that manages the DECnet routing tables to provide a simple but probably useful routing policy. dnroute listens for incoming routing messages and adds routes in the kernel for non-local areas that it sees. Routes will be modifed according to these messages so that the lowest cost route that is up will always be used. Routes to locally accessible nodes (it those in the neighbour table) will also be added. If you want to keep manual control of the route to a particular area, then add a line into dnroute.conf. eg: manual 26 will disable dnroute's setting of routing tables for that area. dnetinfo will still show the route that would have been set with (M) on the line to show it has been overidden. To implement its routing policies dnroute assumes that all interfaces on the system have a cost of 4. To change this add lines in /etc/dnroute.conf for each of the interfaces you need to change. eg eth0 6 eth1 8 tap0 10 A script called dnetinfo is provided that gets the routing information from dnroute and displays it on stdout in a format similar to the VMS command SHOW NET/OLD. OPTIONS
-d Don't fork and run the background. Use this for debugging. -v Verbose. Log route changes to syslog. -D Debug log. Writes debugging information to stderr. Only useful with -d. -h -? Displays help for using the command. -r Send DECnet routing messages showing the state of local nodes. -2 Send DECnet level 2 (area) routing messages. Implies -r. -t <secs> Timer to send routing messages on. Defaults to 15 seconds. -n Do not set up routes or send routing messages, just monitor the network. Useful for testing. -V Show the version of dnroute. SEE ALSO
dnetd.conf(5), ip(8) DECnet utilities March 30 2006 DNROUTE(8)