Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing GNU findutils
Operating Systems HP-UX Installing GNU findutils Post 302605955 by pradebban on Friday 9th of March 2012 07:37:13 AM
Old 03-09-2012
Can we use only certain utilities from the package, say "locate"
What has to be done for this?

Thanks in advance.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Gnu C

hello, i have use only TURBO C for programming.i used to did only on windows OS. but now i am trying to program on Linux systems.so i heard about GNU C tools and compiler. i am a bit confused and i want to know a very simplified answer for it. can anybody help me. what a heck is this GNU...... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GNU Date

I know there are some posts on getting the time with milliseconds included and I realize unix may not be the best on this. I have seem some posts where its advised to install the GNU date. Any one know where I can download this as I am struggling to find it. Alternatively - if you have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
5 Replies

3. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

4. Linux

Installing GNU C library

I m working on a project of making a boot/root pendrive linux from source. I have got the basic working root filesystem with busybox. Now i wish to install GNU C library. But couldnt find a proper document to refer to. Also i tried the steps in LFS with just specifying the installation directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amu
2 Replies

5. BSD

Anyone using GNU BSD?

Is anyone using or planning to use GNU BSD in production yet? I'd like to hear experiences. (Debian GNU/NetBSD) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpsville
8 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

7. AIX

GNU findutils

Hi, We are running 64-bit AIX 6.1. I have gcc 4.2.0 on our system. I'd like to get the latest copy of GNU findutils on the server. From what I see, I have two basic options: 1) download source code and compile using gcc or 2) download rpm and install. Would someone please point me in the right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eben Yong
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using GNU Regex

I'm just learning Regex and while testing my understanding I received some unexpected results. I created example.txt with the text "abcddd". Running the command grep --color 'd' example.txt I received the results: "abcddd" with the first and second letter d highlighted in red. So... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rthomas529
1 Replies
fileutil::magic::cgen(3tcl)					  file utilities				       fileutil::magic::cgen(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
fileutil::magic::cgen - Generator core for compiler of magic(5) files SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require fileutil::magic::cgen ?1.0? package require fileutil::magic::rt ?1.0? package require struct::tree package require struct::list ::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree script ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treedump tree ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treegen tree node _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides the generator backend for a compiler of magic(5) files into recognizers based on the fileutil::magic::rt recognizer runtime package. For the compiler frontend using this generator see the package fileutil::magic::cfront. COMMANDS
::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree script This command converts the recognizer specified by the script into a tree and returns the object command of that tree as its result. It uses the package struct::tree for the tree. The script is in the format specified by magic(5). ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treedump tree This command takes a tree as generated by ::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree and returns a string encoding the tree for human consump- tion, to aid in debugging. ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treegen tree node This command takes a tree as generated by ::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree and returns a Tcl script, the recognizer for the file types represented by the sub-tree rooted at the node. The generated script makes extensive use of the commands provided by the recognizer runtime package fileutil::magic::rt to perform its duties. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category fileutil :: magic of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
file(1), fileutil, magic(5) KEYWORDS
file recognition, file type, file utilities, mime, type CATEGORY
Programming tools fumagic 1.0 fileutil::magic::cgen(3tcl)