Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File Reading for a certain string and echo the line before Post 302605879 by agama on Thursday 8th of March 2012 11:37:33 PM
Old 03-09-2012
I'd write a small awk to read the file and generate the desired output:

Code:
awk '
    $1 == "call" {
        buffer = $0;
        next;
    }

/Failed/ {
        if( buffer  )
        {
            print buffer;
            buffer = "";
        }
    }
' input-log-file

Prints the 'call' line if any of the lines below it, before the next, are marked failed.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to echo the file contents LINE BY LINE

hello, i have a listing (let say ABC) consists of the below: : public database link public synonym role rollback segment : when i run the below for loop, for i in `more ABC` do echo "$i" done it gives me, : public database (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie168
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading one line from a multiline string

Hi , I have a string which is of multiple line,I have to split the string by reading one line in each iteration and keep it in a string.I am keeping all the file names in side as string returned by the ls command ,I am stocked at the point of spliting the string to segragate each file. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deekay.p
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem in reading a file line by line till it reaches a white line

So, I want to read line-by-line a text file with unknown number of files.... So: a=1 b=1 while ; do b=`sed -n '$ap' test` a=`expr $a + 1` $here do something with b etc done the problem is that sed does not seem to recognise the $a, even when trying sed -n ' $a p' So, I cannot read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing file, reading each line to variable, evaluating date/time stamp of each line

So, the beginning of my script will cat & grep a file with the output directed to a new file. The data I have in this file needs to be parsed, read and evaluated. Basically, I need to identify the latest date/time stamp and then calculate whether or not it is within 15 minutes of the current... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hynesward
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading text file, comparing a value in a line, and placing only part of the line in a variable?

I need some help. I would like to read in a text file. Take a variable such as ROW-D-01, compare it to what's in one line in the text file such as PROD/VM/ROW-D-01 and only input PROD/VM into a variable without the /ROW-D-01. Is this possible? any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xChristopher
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of fields then increment a counter reading line by line in a file

Hi, i have a scenario were i should compare a few fields from each line then increment a variable based on that. Example file 989878|8999|Y|0|Y|N|V 989878|8999|Y|0|N|N|V 989878|8999|Y|2344|Y|N|V i have 3 conditions to check and increment a variable on every line condition 1 if ( $3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading line by line from live log file using while loop and considering only those lines start from

Hi, I want to read a live log file line by line and considering those line which start from time stamp; Below code I am using, which read line but throws an exception when comparing line that does not contain error code tail -F /logs/COMMON-ERROR.log | while read myline; do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo multi-line string via heredoc syntax

$ cat bashtest #!/usr/local/bin/bash echo <<<"EOF" line1 line2 line3 EOF $ ./bashtest ./bashtest: line 3: line1: command not found ./bashtest: line 4: line2: command not found ./bashtest: line 5: line3: command not found ./bashtest: line 6: EOF: command not found What am i doing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Reading a file line by line and print required lines based on pattern

Hi All, i want to write a shell script read below file line by line and want to exclude the lines which contains empty value for MOUNTPOINT field. i am using centos 7 Operating system. want to read below file. # cat /tmp/d5 NAME="/dev/sda" TYPE="disk" SIZE="60G" OWNER="root"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
4 Replies
K5IDENTITY(5)							   MIT Kerberos 						     K5IDENTITY(5)

NAME
k5identity - Kerberos V5 client principal selection rules DESCRIPTION
The .k5identity file, which resides in a user's home directory, contains a list of rules for selecting a client principals based on the server being accessed. These rules are used to choose a credential cache within the cache collection when possible. Blank lines and lines beginning with # are ignored. Each line has the form: principal field=value ... If the server principal meets all of the field constraints, then principal is chosen as the client principal. The following fields are recognized: realm If the realm of the server principal is known, it is matched against value, which may be a pattern using shell wildcards. For host-based server principals, the realm will generally only be known if there is a domain_realm section in krb5.conf(5) with a map- ping for the hostname. service If the server principal is a host-based principal, its service component is matched against value, which may be a pattern using shell wildcards. host If the server principal is a host-based principal, its hostname component is converted to lower case and matched against value, which may be a pattern using shell wildcards. If the server principal matches the constraints of multiple lines in the .k5identity file, the principal from the first matching line is used. If no line matches, credentials will be selected some other way, such as the realm heuristic or the current primary cache. EXAMPLE
The following example .k5identity file selects the client principal alice@KRBTEST.COM if the server principal is within that realm, the principal alice/root@EXAMPLE.COM if the server host is within a servers subdomain, and the principal alice/mail@EXAMPLE.COM when accessing the IMAP service on mail.example.com: alice@KRBTEST.COM realm=KRBTEST.COM alice/root@EXAMPLE.COM host=*.servers.example.com alice/mail@EXAMPLE.COM host=mail.example.com service=imap SEE ALSO
kerberos(1), krb5.conf(5) AUTHOR
MIT COPYRIGHT
1985-2013, MIT 1.11.3 K5IDENTITY(5)