Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Resetting ALOM
Operating Systems Solaris Resetting ALOM Post 302605871 by Yeaboem on Thursday 8th of March 2012 09:48:27 PM
Old 03-08-2012
Use the 'scadm' command (buried down in /usr/platform/$(uname -i)/sbin) to manipulate the ALOM configuration settings.

Start with 'scadm help' for an overview of available commands, and 'scadm show' for a view of configurable settings. You'll probably start with 'usershow' and 'userpassword' to make login possible, and judicious use of 'scadm set <keyword> <value>' to configure the ALOM for your network.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resetting WTMP?

When I type last oracle I get dates from Nov 28, 2000 all the way back to the beginning of time it seems. The 11-28-2000 entry states that Oracle is still logged in, but if you type a who, it shows only 1 entry - the currently logged in user (Me as oracle), but I logged in only minutes ago - and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cuppjr
4 Replies

2. SuSE

Time resetting to 00 HRS on starting

I Have a SUSE Linux Enterprise server 9.0. When I start the server , using date command I daily find that the time it is showing is 00.00 Hrs. It shows the date correctly. Every day I have to set the time using the date command. I am facing this proble from last 3 weeks but couldn't find a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: V.V.KUMAR
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Resetting user's passwords

Hi all, I'm developing a script to handle the various actions involved with user admin as root: Reset password create a new users change a users email address, etc We're in the process of changing over from "telnet" to "SSH" to establish terminal sessions on our Solaris 9/10 servers. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dewets
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

resetting IFS variable

Hi, I have modified the IFS variable in the K shell program and with in the program i want to reset to the default one. How do i reset the same. e.g in the begining of the program IFS is default in the middle i changed it to IFS="|" and again i want the default value for the IFS. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Resetting date

Hi there, Is there a way i can reset the date on my unix terminal to yesterday's date? date Tue Jul 1 14:18:21 GMT 2008 Please let me know. JAK (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
7 Replies

6. Solaris

rebooting resetting loop

while installing unix solaris I found that one of the CD's is corupted so I bring another copy of solaris CD's and type reboot instead of 'reboot cdrom' then the server goes in infinite loop of rebooting resetting??I tried to use ctrl+break but didnt work....how can I break this loop....plz help?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Difference b/n ALOM and ALOM CMT

Hi Everyone. What is the differece b/n ALOM and ALOM CMT Service processor. I am trying reset ALOM login/passwd using scadm utility on T2000, while I am googling I came cross ALOM CMT doesnt support scadm utility, but ALOM supports. Not sure how different are these. Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
0 Replies

8. AIX

Resetting the NVRAM

Does anybody know how to reset the NVRAM on a System p 520 (power 5)? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: livehho
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restarting/Resetting a USB Port?

Hello All, So I have been running into an issue with a USB Modem where if someone ends their dialin connection abruptly from the other side the modem gets stuck and I found that the only way to fix it is to either unplug the USB Modem and plug it back in, or just reboot. I'd rather not reboot... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies
NWUSERLIST(1)							    nwuserlist							     NWUSERLIST(1)

NAME
nwuserlist - List Users logged in at a NetWare server SYNOPSIS
nwuserlist [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -a ] [ -q ] [ -f [ -d ] [ -D ] [ -t ]] DESCRIPTION
nwuserlist lists the users logged in at a NetWare server, together with their connection number and their login time. nwuserlist looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more informa- tion. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwuserlist prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -a With option -a the IPX address of the station the user is logged in from is printed as well. -q With option -q object ID is printed in addition to user name. -f List also files opened by each connection. -d List detailed informations about each file. -D List DOS filename instead of filename which was used for opening. -t Show raw hexadecimal values in addition to human readable conversions. AUTHORS
nwuserlist was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwuserlist 7/22/1996 NWUSERLIST(1)