Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Container
Operating Systems Solaris Container Post 302605759 by drl on Thursday 8th of March 2012 12:10:44 PM
Old 03-08-2012
Hi.

I don't know if it a semantic issue or not, but the author of Solaris Containers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia writes:
Quote:
A Solaris Container is the combination of system resource controls and the boundary separation provided by zones.
I think the OP probably should have searched for answers to factual questions with Google and Wikipedia ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

LDOM vrs Container

Does anyone know the difference between a Logical Domain and a Container ? Both seem to be virtualisation technologies from Sun. Also I know a Domain can have containers within it but I don't see the point (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 8 Container Error

Log File: /var/tmp/server1.install.18730.log Source: /vmpool/tmp/server1.flar Installing: This may take several minutes... Postprocessing: This may take several minutes... Postprocess: ERROR: p2v module S40_setup_preload failed: 0 Postprocess: ERROR: Postprocessing failed. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cornsnap
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Cannot read MAC in a Zone Container

Hi, I have an app which reads MAC address. I read that Solaris 10 8/07 offers the solution to set MAC address for each container but I cannot find how to do that in any docs I found on Sun :( do you know how ? True that installed I only have Solaris 10 5/08. In a container zone it generates... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 6 container support

Is solaris 6 container support available ? Say, If I have a machine with Solaris 10 operating system.. Can i install Solaris 6 container on this machine, so that the machine will have Solaris 6 virtual environment... Does sun support Solaris 6 container ? Any ideas over this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Swap issue on Container

Dear all, Kindly need your advice on swap issue on my container, SunOS 5.10. We have allocated swap 20GB and memory 8 GB. We have some application installed on the container. A few days ago we experienced a very slow system response...even for command like ls, df -k, etc.. I tried to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprout009
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Memory usage in a Solaris Container

Hi All, We have a server with Solaris 10 installed. The total memory of the server is 64GB. In order to check the memory info of the server I use "top" utility that gives me total and free memory in real-time. I have also installed a Sun container (non-global zone) on top of parent operating... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slayer
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris container date diference

Hi people, I dont have a real problem, its also a so strange issue. When i connect to my system from a ssh session or telnet normaly from putty and execute the command "date" its show me the correctly time in BRT format for root and all other users. But when i connect from the global... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anonymouzz
3 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris zones vs container..

kindly share what are difference b/w solaris zones and containers.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mdadm container! How does it work

Hi everyone, I am not sure if I understand how mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level=container works? A device called /dev/md0 appears in /proc/mdstat but I am not sure how to use that device? I have 2 blank drives with 1 500GB partition on each. I would like to setup mirroring, but not in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hytron
0 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Ping a container LXC

Hello, Please, I try to do ping 10.0.3.8 (ip of LXC container) from VMB but it didn't work ! Have you an idea please ? Here is an explanation of what I want do: (red arrow) http://imgur.com/2IzJvXO imgur: the simple image sharer Thanks a lot. Best Regards. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
0 Replies
HTML::Widget::Container(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      HTML::Widget::Container(3pm)

NAME
HTML::Widget::Container - Container SYNOPSIS
my $container = $form->element('foo'); my $field = $container->field; my $error = $container->error; my $label = $container->label; my $field_xml = $container->field_xml; my $error_xml = $container->error_xml; my $javascript_xml = $container->javascript_xml; my $xml = $container->as_xml; # $xml eq "$container" my $javascript = $container->javascript; DESCRIPTION
Container. METHODS
as_xml Return Value: $xml _build_element Arguments: $element Return Value: @elements Convert $element to HTML::Element object. Accepts arrayref. If you wish to change the rendering behaviour of HTML::Widget; specifically, the handling of elements which are array-refs, you can specify "container_class" in HTML::Widget::Element to a custom class which just overrides this function. build_single_element Arguments: $element Return Value: $element Convert $element to HTML::Element object. Called by "_build_element". If you wish to change the rendering behaviour of HTML::Widget; specifically, the handling of an individual element, you can override this function. build_element_error Arguments: $element Return Value: $element Called by "build_single_element". If you wish to change how an error is rendered, override this function. build_element_label Arguments: $element, $class Return Value: $element Called by "build_single_element". If you wish to change how an element's label is rendered, override this function. The $class argument is the original class of the element, before "build_element_error" was called. as_list Return Value: @elements Returns a list of HTML::Element objects. element field Arguments: $element "field" is an alias for "element". element_xml field_xml Return Value: $xml "field_xml" is an alias for "element_xml". error Arguments: $error Return Value: $error error_xml Return Value: $xml javascript js Arguments: $javascript Return Value: $javascript "js" is an alias for "javascript". javascript_element Return Value: $javascript_element Returns javascript in a script HTML::Element. javascript_xml js_xml Return Value: $javascript_xml Returns javascript in a script block. "js_xml" is an alias for "javascript_xml". AUTHOR
Sebastian Riedel, "sri@oook.de" LICENSE
This library is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2007-03-01 HTML::Widget::Container(3pm)