Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Container
Operating Systems Solaris Container Post 302605743 by chetansingh23 on Thursday 8th of March 2012 11:35:20 AM
Old 03-08-2012
but how it is differ from zones

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

LDOM vrs Container

Does anyone know the difference between a Logical Domain and a Container ? Both seem to be virtualisation technologies from Sun. Also I know a Domain can have containers within it but I don't see the point (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 8 Container Error

Log File: /var/tmp/server1.install.18730.log Source: /vmpool/tmp/server1.flar Installing: This may take several minutes... Postprocessing: This may take several minutes... Postprocess: ERROR: p2v module S40_setup_preload failed: 0 Postprocess: ERROR: Postprocessing failed. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cornsnap
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Cannot read MAC in a Zone Container

Hi, I have an app which reads MAC address. I read that Solaris 10 8/07 offers the solution to set MAC address for each container but I cannot find how to do that in any docs I found on Sun :( do you know how ? True that installed I only have Solaris 10 5/08. In a container zone it generates... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 6 container support

Is solaris 6 container support available ? Say, If I have a machine with Solaris 10 operating system.. Can i install Solaris 6 container on this machine, so that the machine will have Solaris 6 virtual environment... Does sun support Solaris 6 container ? Any ideas over this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Swap issue on Container

Dear all, Kindly need your advice on swap issue on my container, SunOS 5.10. We have allocated swap 20GB and memory 8 GB. We have some application installed on the container. A few days ago we experienced a very slow system response...even for command like ls, df -k, etc.. I tried to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprout009
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Memory usage in a Solaris Container

Hi All, We have a server with Solaris 10 installed. The total memory of the server is 64GB. In order to check the memory info of the server I use "top" utility that gives me total and free memory in real-time. I have also installed a Sun container (non-global zone) on top of parent operating... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slayer
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris container date diference

Hi people, I dont have a real problem, its also a so strange issue. When i connect to my system from a ssh session or telnet normaly from putty and execute the command "date" its show me the correctly time in BRT format for root and all other users. But when i connect from the global... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anonymouzz
3 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris zones vs container..

kindly share what are difference b/w solaris zones and containers.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mdadm container! How does it work

Hi everyone, I am not sure if I understand how mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level=container works? A device called /dev/md0 appears in /proc/mdstat but I am not sure how to use that device? I have 2 blank drives with 1 500GB partition on each. I would like to setup mirroring, but not in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hytron
0 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Ping a container LXC

Hello, Please, I try to do ping 10.0.3.8 (ip of LXC container) from VMB but it didn't work ! Have you an idea please ? Here is an explanation of what I want do: (red arrow) http://imgur.com/2IzJvXO imgur: the simple image sharer Thanks a lot. Best Regards. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
0 Replies
ZPRINT(1)						      General Commands Manual							 ZPRINT(1)

NAME
zprint - show information about kernel zones SYNOPSIS
zprint [-w] [-s] [-c] [-h] [name] DESCRIPTION
zprint(1) displays data about Mach zones. By default, zprint will print out information about all Mach zones. If the optional name is specified, zprint will print information about each zone for which name is a substring of the zone's name. zprint interprets the following options: -w For each zone, zprint calculates how much space is allocated but not currently in use, the space wasted by the zone. -s zprint sorts the zones, showing the wasting the most memory first. -c (Default) zprint prints zone info in columns. Long zone names are truncated with '$', and spaces are replaced with '.', to allow for sorting by column. Pageable and collectible zones are shown with 'P' and 'C' on the far right. Zones with preposterously large maximum sizes are shown with '----' in the max size and max num elts fields. -h (Default) Shows headings for the columns printed with the -c option. It may be useful to override this option when sorting by col- umn. Any option (including default options) can be overridden by specifying the option in upper-case; for example, -C overrides the (default) option -c. SEE ALSO
host_zone_info(2). 27/02/87 ZPRINT(1)