Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Key Points when Moving from Server A to Server B?? Post 302605728 by vbe on Thursday 8th of March 2012 11:06:33 AM
Old 03-08-2012
Is the destination box at the image of the source (HW... most important is filesystem layout)? about users config the important files will be in /etc (passwd, shadow, group etc...), if you can easily recopy (why not with rsync...) /export/home the application part will be more tricky what kind of application is it? will you keep the same structure? meaning more : will you reinstall the apps? if so keeping the same structure (filesystem layout) or will you be taking this opportunity to do something better?( you should know what wasnt top in the source server you can correct now...)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving from one web server to another

Hi All, Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my post. I am a Unix neophyte. I can install scripts, move around some and perform basic functions - mostly related to websites and alway with a resource guide in front of me. I currently have 12 websites hosted on a VPS and I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcurrie
2 Replies

2. AIX

moving to new server

I'm moving an application from an old RS6000 running 4.3.2 to a p5 running 5.3. Could someone point me a the direction on docs to perform such a function? Critical OS files, moving of printers and print queues especially. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sullivjp
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files from one server to another server every 5 min

HI All, I am trying to automate my stuff to make 'to-do-easier'. I am new to shell scripting. I need help to you regarding the below problem. I have one directory in my server, frequently files will store in that directory. I want to move that files into another server on every 5... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravvamohan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving a database from one server to another

I hope I'm posting this in the correct section. I'm trying to move a database from one server to another. This is the code I'm using... tar czf - vbdatabase.sql | ssh username@full.domain.com 'cat > /home/cpanelusername/vbdatabase.tar.gz ... but all I'm getting is a ">" and then nothing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chimpie
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 8 ssh public key authentication issue - Server refused our key

Hi, I've used the following way to set ssh public key authentication and it is working fine on Solaris 10, RedHat Linux and SuSE Linux servers without any problem. But I got error 'Server refused our key' on Solaris 8 system. Solaris 8 uses SSH2 too. Why? Please help. Thanks. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

6. Linux

Moving Whole OS Centos Server

I currently have a web server its on a small harddrive I didn't know my site would grow so fast but now I need a bigger hard drive. Instead of adding another harddrive (host charge monthly of how many hard drives connected to server) is there anyway to just move the whole os to a bigger hard drive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
2 Replies

7. Programming

Problem with Perl script after moving from a Windows/Apache Server to a UNIX server.

I have a Perl script that worked fine before moving it to justhost.com. It was on a Windows/Apache server. Just host is using UNIX. Other Perl scripts on other sites that were also moved work fine so I know Perl is functioning. The script is called cwrmail.pl and is located in my cgi-bin. When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigBobbyB
9 Replies

8. Linux

Generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Moving boot SSD from a dead server to a new server

Hi all, We have a disk array that has the boot drive on an OCZ SSD on a PCIe card. Well, the motherboard died and we got a new motherboard. We moved the controllers, NICs, etc, to the exact same slots on the new motherboard, except now it won't boot. I guess it doesn't recognize the OS on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glowe57
1 Replies
xfs_mdrestore(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  xfs_mdrestore(8)

NAME
xfs_mdrestore - restores an XFS metadump image to a filesystem image SYNOPSIS
xfs_mdrestore [ -g ] source target xfs_mdrestore -V DESCRIPTION
xfs_mdrestore is a debugging tool that restores a metadata image generated by xfs_metadump(8) to a filesystem. The source argument speci- fies the location of the metadump image and the target argument specifies the destination for the filesystem image. If the source is -, then the metadata image is read from stdin. This allows the output of be another program such as a compression application to be redirected to xfs_mdrestore. The target can be either a file or a device. xfs_mdrestore should not be used to restore metadata onto an existing filesystem unless you are completely certain the target can be destroyed. OPTIONS
-g Shows restore progress on stdout. -V Prints the version number and exits. DIAGNOSTICS
xfs_mdrestore returns an exit code of 0 if all the metadata is successfully restored or 1 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
xfs_metadump(8), xfs_repair(8), xfs_check(8), xfs(5) BUGS
Email bug reports to xfs@oss.sgi.com. xfs_mdrestore(8)