Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Becoming a Solaris expert?
Operating Systems Solaris Becoming a Solaris expert? Post 302605558 by methyl on Wednesday 7th of March 2012 06:27:39 PM
Old 03-07-2012
There are a lot of versions of Solaris:
Solaris (operating system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Preceded by the versions of SunOS, some of which became Solaris.
SunOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nobody can know them all, so stick to modern versions.

The Number One Skill is is knowing how to recover from a total disaster - like the computer room being destroyed. If you cannot do this, you are not an expert.

On the training front the Solaris Systems Administration course give you a head start, but do the pre-requisite courses first.
This User Gave Thanks to methyl For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

expert vi commands

:) Hi UNIX friends, Where do I get advanced vi commands to practice. Please Help Me. Love (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Love
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server Upgrade Expert

Hi, I need to employ someone who can manage a large UNIX/NT server upgrade, someone who can do technology refreshes and the like. I am not technical so I need help writing the spec- what experience should I be looking for? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Normanbates
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Expert Opinion

This perhaps does not belong in ths category; apologies, however, we have a heated debate going and your input will decide the result. Should UNIX (HP, AIX, etc) be rebooted following a monthly cycle (Every month, or a qtr, etc.). We have some UX admins (grumps) who say they have seen a UX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expert cp command

How can I use the cp command to copy every file that I can find inside several folders cp -R *test* folder Supose there is ./122342343teste122343.txt ./bound/123teste1223453.txt ./feed/123teste1223453.txt and i want the files 122342343teste122343.txt, bound/123teste1223453.txt... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lipe.82
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

os x hdiutil expert needed

I am writing a script that using the "Total Bytes" field from hdiutil imageinfo -plist <file>. My intention is to get the total mounted size of a compressed dmg. It works for some images, but sometimes it doesn't seem to match up, particularly with larger (over 1 gb) images. Can anybody explain... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextyoyoma
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to expert Shell Programming ?

Guys, I have been reading the bash books, there are so many command & operators etc. The theory part is so much. Overall I have read some book. Still do not feel I know the bash with confidence. Lots of Jobs for System Admin demand Scripting knowledge as requirement .. I think I should... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
7 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.5 2011-08-13 URI::URL(3)