Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Becoming a Solaris expert?
Operating Systems Solaris Becoming a Solaris expert? Post 302605542 by admin_xor on Wednesday 7th of March 2012 05:27:27 PM
Old 03-07-2012
There's no ready-made recipe for becoming an expert on Solaris or any other UNIX systems. It's all upto you. But, here's what helped me a lot:

1. Read-Read-Read: brush up your basics
2. Get your hands dirty with the system when you get opportunity
3. Browse the troubleshooting, Q/A forums attentively; check if you already know what people are talking about. If not, get to know that.
4. Build a test environment; break things intentionally; when a man page says "CAUTION: Don't do this blah blah", just do that for fun and see what happens. Try to fix that with help of man pages (sometimes you may not be in a position to check online manuals or docs).
5. Create a file and keep a track of all the steps you have taken so far to fix a problem.
6. Learn-Learn-Learn: as technology evolves everyday, learning process never ends, so no one can say "oh yes, now I am an expert. So I gotta stop learning and start preaching"
7. "Little learning is always a dangerous thing"; so, before giving suggestions to anybody, be 100% sure about what you are saying.
This User Gave Thanks to admin_xor For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

expert vi commands

:) Hi UNIX friends, Where do I get advanced vi commands to practice. Please Help Me. Love (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Love
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server Upgrade Expert

Hi, I need to employ someone who can manage a large UNIX/NT server upgrade, someone who can do technology refreshes and the like. I am not technical so I need help writing the spec- what experience should I be looking for? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Normanbates
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Expert Opinion

This perhaps does not belong in ths category; apologies, however, we have a heated debate going and your input will decide the result. Should UNIX (HP, AIX, etc) be rebooted following a monthly cycle (Every month, or a qtr, etc.). We have some UX admins (grumps) who say they have seen a UX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expert cp command

How can I use the cp command to copy every file that I can find inside several folders cp -R *test* folder Supose there is ./122342343teste122343.txt ./bound/123teste1223453.txt ./feed/123teste1223453.txt and i want the files 122342343teste122343.txt, bound/123teste1223453.txt... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lipe.82
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

os x hdiutil expert needed

I am writing a script that using the "Total Bytes" field from hdiutil imageinfo -plist <file>. My intention is to get the total mounted size of a compressed dmg. It works for some images, but sometimes it doesn't seem to match up, particularly with larger (over 1 gb) images. Can anybody explain... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextyoyoma
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to expert Shell Programming ?

Guys, I have been reading the bash books, there are so many command & operators etc. The theory part is so much. Overall I have read some book. Still do not feel I know the bash with confidence. Lots of Jobs for System Admin demand Scripting knowledge as requirement .. I think I should... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
7 Replies
CLASP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  CLASP(1)

NAME
clasp - a conflict-driven nogood learning answer set solver SYNOPSIS
clasp [number][options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the clasp command. clasp is an answer set solver for (extended) normal logic programs. It combines the high-level modeling capacities of answer set program- ming (ASP) with state-of-the-art techniques from the area of Boolean constraint solving. The primary clasp algorithm relies on conflict- driven nogood learning, a technique that proved very successful for satisfiability checking (SAT). Unlike other learning ASP solvers, clasp does not rely on legacy software, such as a SAT solver or any other existing ASP solver. Rather, clasp has been genuinely developed for answer set solving based on conflict-driven nogood learning. clasp can be applied as an ASP solver (on LPARSE output format), as a SAT solver (on simplified DIMACS/CNF format), or as a PB solver (on OPB format). OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see <http://www.cs.uni-potsdam.de/clasp/>. -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. SEE ALSO
gringo(1). AUTHOR
clasp was written by Benjamin Kaufmann <kaufmann@cs.uni-potsdam.de>. This manual page was written by Thomas Krennwallner <tkren@kr.tuwien.ac.at>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). March 4, 2010 CLASP(1)