Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with Linux hardware fault script in Perl Post 302605428 by Corona688 on Wednesday 7th of March 2012 11:30:47 AM
Old 03-07-2012
You should try awk on linux, most other systems use nawk

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Segmentation fault on basic linux commands

Hello out there!!! I have a Red Hat Entreprise Linux 4 server and I am encountering this error # grep Segmentation Fault I know it is not the right use of grep command, but I did that just for testing purpose,then I did # which grep /bin/grep # ls -l /bin/grep -rwxr-xr-x 1 root... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: inhaki
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux on custom hardware

I would like to configure a bare minimum Linux with internet browser on a system with Flash & RAM (but no harddisk or any other nonvolatile storage). Please advise. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rherb
5 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 10.04: Sybase with Perl Segmentation Fault

Hi, Operating System: Ubuntu 10.04 Other Packages Installed: freetds,DBI,DBD-Sybase I am trying to connect to SYBASE using perl programming..But the moment I am executing my perl program it throws a SEGMENTATION FAULT error. I have attached strace output for the same... Thanks for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vnkatara
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

With Linux do Hardware Brands Matter?

We have run software on Dell Servers w/ Windows and seen the performance degrade overtime. We switched to an IBM server w/ AIX and have not seen the same performance degradation over time. In fact, the IBM servers are at least five years old and continue to preform well at the same level. How... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bggibson
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Red Hat linux fault information

Hi, I want to do some fault association analysis in red hat linux. who can tell me where I can get all of the fault information, and the detailed description about this fault information. Thank you very much. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhaoyy
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Segmentation fault in Unix shell (linux OS)

Hi, I am trying to run an online downloaded tool but I am having an eror segmentation fault. ./multicoil test.seq Config file /home/kmohanas/MULTICOIL/multicoil_config window length 0 = 28 window length 1 = 28 multi_lib = 3 4 5 multi_lib = 2 3 4 pair_lib = 1 2 4 printfile =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaav06
6 Replies

7. Debian

Linux, Debian - Segmentation Fault problem.

Hi guys, first of all apologize for my English... I have a big problem with "Segmentation fault", when running my game server. Console: (gdb) bt full #0 0x0000000000000000 in ?? () No symbol table info available. #1 0x00007ffff702aca4 in std::basic_ostream<char,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arson.
1 Replies

8. Hardware

Does this hardware works with Linux

Hello folks, I pretend acquire this hardware: 1-Motherboard Asus Skt1151 - H110M-A/M.2 (https://www.asus.com/pt/Motherboards...cifications/); 2-Intel i5 6400 2.7Ghz QuadCore Skt1151; or 2-Intel i5 6500 3.2Ghz QuadCore Skt1151; 3-Dimm 8GB DDR4 Kingston CL15 2133Mhz; Obvious I pretend... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enodev
1 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)