Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Removing header and footer
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing header and footer Post 302605381 by balajesuri on Wednesday 7th of March 2012 10:26:25 AM
Old 03-07-2012
Something like this? This sed one-liner will remove 1st and last line of inputfile.

Code:
$ cat inputfile
T_ACCEL_20120301
hello
world
T_ACCEL_588263
$ sed '1d; $d' inputfile
hello
world
$

Use sed -i option for in-file modification.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove header and footer rows

I would like to remove some lines from begining of file (header) and some lines from end of file (footer). The header/footer lines generated by web-browser when the user upload a file to my webserver. Example: -----------------------------7d62af20c052c Content-Disposition: form-data;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seaky
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting Header and footer

Hi All, I have several txt files i need to enter specific header and footer (both are separate) to all these files how can i do this? plz help.. Regards, Raghav (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalrg
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add header and footer?

Hi, Guys, I want add header and footer in a file. I can add footer using following command: echo "Footer" >>file. I don't know how to add header. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with the Header and Footer check

Hi, I need to check whether the incoming file has a header and footer using a UNIX script. The pattern of the header and footer is fixed as follows: Header: Name,Date Footer: Count, Total Name,Date ------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- Count,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunny_teotia
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove the header and footer using sed

I want to delete the header and footer in the file by using sed for that i ran the below script and my text file looks like emp.txt # This file contain employee # information abc 12300 34 'FGH' # This is confidential as per the firm rules. my intention is to remove the header... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vmachava
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Header and Footer...

Hi All, I need to write a script that In my file I have to check header and footer records are available or not. If it is available I have to run the script, otherwise I should not. But current script it is checking only the data inside the script. It is avoiding to check Header and Footer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh_target
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add header and footer with record count in footer

This is my file(Target.txt) name|age|locaction abc|23|del xyz|24|mum jkl|25|kol The file should be like this 1|03252012 1|name|age|location 2|abc|23|del 2|xyz|24|mum 2|jkl|25|kol 2|kkk|26|hyd 3|4 Column 1 is row indicator for row 1 and 2, column indicator is 1,for data rows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsranjan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing header or footer from file

Hi Every one, what is the coomand to remove header or footer from a file. Please help me by providing command/syntax to remove header/footer from unix. Thanks in advance for all your support. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to append both at header and footer of a file

currently I've a file Insert into CD_CARD_TYPE (CODE, DESCRIPTION, LAST_UPDATE_BY, LAST_UPDATE_DATE) Values ('024', '024', 2, sysdate); Insert into CD_CARD_TYPE (CODE, DESCRIPTION, LAST_UPDATE_BY, LAST_UPDATE_DATE) Values ('032', '032', 2, sysdate); ........ is it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip header and footer

Hi I have below requirements on the script below : (1) I receive 2 pipe seperated file called OUT.psv and DIFF.psv with a column header.I concatenate the 2 files and create a final.psv file. I want to add another header as START_FILE to the final.psv file . How to achieve this ? (2) I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
5 Replies
mxmldoc(1)							   Michael Sweet							mxmldoc(1)

NAME
mxmldoc - mini-xml documentation generator SYNOPSIS
mxmldoc --no-output [ filename.xml ] source file(s) ] mxmldoc [ --footer footerfile ] [ --header headerfile ] [ --intro introfile ] [ --section section ] [ --title title ] [ filename.xml ] [ source file(s) ] > filename.html mxmldoc --docset directory.docset [ --docversion version ] [ --feedname name ] [ --feedurl url ] [ --footer footerfile ] [ --header header- file ] [ --intro introfile ] [ --section section ] [ --title title ] [ filename.xml ] [ source file(s) ] mxmldoc --tokens path [ filename.xml ] [ source file(s) ] > tokens.xml mxmldoc --framed basename [ --footer footerfile ] [ --header headerfile ] [ --intro introfile ] [ --section section ] [ --title title ] [ filename.xml ] [ source file(s) ] mxmldoc [ --footer footerfile ] [ --header headerfile ] [ --intro introfile ] --man manpage [ --section section ] [ --title title ] [ file- name.xml ] [ source file(s) ] > filename.man DESCRIPTION
mxmldoc scans the specified C and C++ source files to produce an XML representation of globally accessible classes, constants, enumera- tions, functions, structures, typedefs, unions, and variables - the XML file is updated as necessary. By default, a HTML representation of the XML file is written to the standard output. Use the --no-output option to disable the HTML output. Man page source can be generated using the --man option. If no source files are specified then the current XML file is converted to the standard output. In general, any C or C++ source code is handled by mxmldoc, however it was specifically written to handle code with documentation that is formatted according to the CUPS Developer Guide which is available at "http://www.cups.org/documentation.php". OPTIONS
--docset directory.docset Creates an Xcode documentation set in the specified directory. --docversion version Specifies the version number for the Xcode documentation set. --feedname name Specifies the Xcode documentation set feed name, typically the project or company name. --feedurl url Specifies the Xcode documentation set feed URL which must point to an ATOM file linking to updates. --footer footerfile Inserts the specified file at the bottom of the output documentation. --framed basename Creates HTML documentation using frames - one for the table-of-contents and one for the body. --header headerfile Inserts the specified file at the top of the output documentation. --intro introfile Inserts the specified file before the table of contents. --man manpage Generated a man page instead of HTML documentation. --no-output Disables generation of documentation on the standard output. --section section Sets the section/keywords in the output documentation. --title title Sets the title of the output documentation. --tokens Generates a Tokens.xml file for use with the Xcode documentation tools. SEE ALSO
mxml(3), Mini-XML Programmers Manual, http://www.minixml.org/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003-2009 by Michael Sweet. 4 May 2009 Mini-XML mxmldoc(1)