Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Understanding local access to NFS export Post 302605363 by mark54g on Wednesday 7th of March 2012 10:05:54 AM
Old 03-07-2012
Why not add bobsmith to the group ownership of the directory?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

nfs export permissions

Hello, If I have an export like: /usr/temp -rw=ram:alligator means that /usr/temp has "rw" permissions to ram and alligator machines and has "ro" to everyone else? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psimoes79
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

NFS export filesystem with several partitions

I want to export the file system which consist of several partition. For example I export / and there are /home, /usr partitions. On client side I can see all files in /, but /home and /usr are empty. So far I failed to find the way to make other partitions visible in one mount. :confused: Of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fmtu2005
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Local NFS import / re-export using automount?

Hi, Can I do the following: On SunOS 5.8 /etc/vfstab: remote-host:/Volumes/webdata - /export/home/webdata nfs - yes rw,vers=3,soft,intr,bg,timeo=600 In /etc/auto_direct: /home/science $HOST:/export/home/webdata/science /home/science-edu ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bloyall
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Could I re-export a NFS resource to a third server ?

Hey Guys. Could someone said if is possible take a NFS resource get it from a original Server a export it and mount it in a third server ? Thank in Advace.... SUN ADMIN (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
3 Replies

5. Solaris

nfs export not working at boot

we have a Solaris 8 nfs server that exported two shares. entries are in /etc/dfs/dfstab. clients have been accessing these shares for several years. we just rebooted this nfs server and noticed that no share gets exported. I don't see relevant messages from dmsg nor messages file, is there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalite19
6 Replies

6. AIX

nfs export

Hi How to export a file system from my aix box named ABC in such a way that everyone on the network should be able to import it When on the client side if they give showmount -e ABC it should show like this: # showmount -e ABC export list for ABC: /sybase/software (everyone) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

CIFS share re-export NFS

Hi Guys, need help here. i have windows server that share a folder C:/ABCDE i configure samba client in Linux server as /EDCBA and it working fine. then i want to share this /EDCBA to another Linux server using NFS. in the /etc/exportfs i have put /EDCBA - *(rw,no_root_squash) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prossits
1 Replies

8. AIX

CIFS share re-export NFS

Hi Guys, need help here. i have windows server that share a folder C:/ABCDE i configure samba client in AIX server as /EDCBA and it working fine. then i want to share this /EDCBA to another AIX server using NFS. in the /etc/exportfs i have put /EDCBA... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prossits
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in understanding export uses

i am beginner in shell scripting. not able to understand what below line will do. PS1=${HOST:=Žuname -nŽ}"$ " ; export PS1 HOST below is the script #!/bin/hash PS1=${HOST:=Žuname -nŽ}"$ " ; export PS1 HOST ; echo $PS1 and i getting the below output Žuname -nŽ$ (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
25 Replies

10. Red Hat

NFS share full access for local user

Hi All, Is it possible to give full access for a normal user in a NFS share? If its not possible is there a trick with which I can make it work? Thanks in advance Shyam (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shyam2j
1 Replies
mkepmlist(1)						      Easy Software Products						      mkepmlist(1)

NAME
mkepmlist - make an epm list file from a directory. SYNOPSIS
mkepmlist [ -g group ] [ -u user ] [ --prefix directory ] directory [ ... directory ] DESCRIPTION
mkepmlist recursively generates file list entries for files, links, and directories. The file list is send to the standard output. The -g option overrides the group ownership of the files in the specified directories with the specified group name. The -u option overrides the user ownership of the files in the specified directories with the specified user name. The --prefix option adds the specified directory to the destination path. For example, if you installed files to "/opt/foo" and wanted to build a distribution that installed the files in "/usr/local", the following command would generate a file list that is installed in "/usr/local": mkepmlist --prefix=/usr/local /opt/foo >foo.list SEE ALSO
epm(1) - create software packages epminstall(1) - add a directory, file, or symlink to a list file epm.list(5) - epm list file format COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1999-2007 by Easy Software Products, All Rights Reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. 3 April 2006 ESP Package Manager mkepmlist(1)