Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script for Export backup!!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script for Export backup!! Post 302605261 by clx on Wednesday 7th of March 2012 04:48:55 AM
Old 03-07-2012
Ok. As per your requirement to check from logs,
you could grep the keywords like...

Code:
egrep -q "ORA-|Linux-x86_64 Error|stopped|Failed" $LOG_FILE
if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
 #success mail
 #update logfile
else
 #fail mail
 #update logfile
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

export UNIX95=1 in a script??

Hi, I have following script. It has a line export UNIX95=1 What does UNIX95 suggest? If I donot export UNIX95=1 , I get error "illegale option -o" for ps command. man ps donot show -o option. Any pointers?? Thanks in advance, -Ashish (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to export variables

Hi, I am a newbie to unix as well as scripting. I need to write a script, which on execution sets the necessay oracle variables. Can someone help me out as to how to proceed? also can u suggest good tutorial for bash/shell scripting? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aboxilica
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

export script commands with xterm

I am attempting to write a shell script that runs a program which generates data and then runs another program to plot the data. The problem is that I need the plotting to take place in a different terminal window that stays open after the plotting has finished. I have experimented 'xterm -e '... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chris2051
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to export an array to perl script?

hi all...... i want to use an array ,declared in bash, in embedded perl script. is there any way to export whole array so that i can use it '$ENV{}' or something.. thanx in advance!! regards, prayush (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tprayush
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of export from a shell script..

Hi All, I am facing a problem while trying to export path variables from a script. Here's my situation 1. I have a script in which i have defined all the path variables to be exported: export ORACLE_HOME=/path/to/bin/ export NG_USER_HOME=/path/to/bin/ etc.... 2. I have another shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu_shekar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export from perl script

Hi, Want to initaite the Oracle's Export utility from the perl script,but getting error as mentioned below: Script #!/usr/bin/perl -w my $username="system"; my $password = "manager"; my $tns = "DBLOCAL"; exp $username/$password@$tns Error $ ./testexp.pl Array found where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

export repository shell script

Hi Forum, I have script to export he Siebel repository. My requirment is to have a shell script in place so when placed in it in a cron it should generate the repsoitory dat file on date basis. Script for export: repimexp /a E /c UCM_ES_DEV2_DSN /u sadmin /p SADMIN /d siebel /r... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuthakki
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export Error in Shell script

All, While executing the bellow commnad after the sed, awk command to export the value to, i am getting the fallowing error. line="_AABBB.EEEEEEE.LOG4JDISPLAY.PATH_=/apps/opt/abcde/pdstdsd/esapp/apadsfasdf/logadsfasdf.xml" keystring=`echo $line | awk -F"=" '{ print $1 }'`... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jothi basu
1 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux