Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh: hash (#) at beginning of a line exits the shell Post 302605185 by jlliagre on Tuesday 6th of March 2012 09:15:37 PM
Old 03-06-2012
This is a known bug fixed in the last ksh release (ksh93u+).

11-09-20 A bug with SHOPT_EDPREDICT when neither vi or emacs was enabled for lines beginning with # when in a multibyte locale has been fixed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script with line number at beginning of each line.

Could anybody help me. I need to create a script that reads a text file from STDIN and prints out the file to STDOUT with line numbers at the beginning of each line. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mascorro
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String hash/obfuscation in ksh

I have a vendor that needs to install a set of scripts (written in korn) that will be run as root through crontab every day. This set of scripts will need to ssh as root to other servers without getting challenged for user name or password. So I have set up ssh key pairing and authorized_keys... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: StHalcyon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exits from putty instead of shell script

Dear, I have written below code to initiate the log at top of my script. #Set the log file LOGFILE=<path>/<filename.log> exec > $LOGFILE 2>&1 ............... .... ... .. ............ echo -e "\n\n Script finished OK " `date "+%m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S" ` "\n\n" exit 0 the logging ends only... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imran_Chennai
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripts exits after executing ypmatch

Hello - I have a script which creates a NIS user on Solaris machine. Before creating the user I check if the user being created laready exists or not using ypmatch and use $? to get the exit code. If a user exists, I get 0, works fine. However when the user is not found, the shell scripts exits by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manju--
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

add a number to the beginning of every line

hey, i would like to add a line number to the beginning like so: red blue green yellow will be: 1=>red 2=>blue 3=>green 4=>yellowplease advise thank u. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: boaz733
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Space at beginning of the line

How can I delete spaces at the begining of all lines of my file ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to specify beginning-of-line/end-of-line characters inside a regex range

How can I specify special meaning characters like ^ or $ inside a regex range. e.g Suppose I want to search for a string that either starts with '|' character or begins with start-of-line character. I tried the following but it does not work: sed 's/\(\)/<do something here>/g' file1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vim copy line and paste at the beginning, middle, and end of another line

How would you do vim copy line and paste at the beginning, middle, and end of another line. I know yy copies the whole line and p pastes the whole line, but on its own separate line. Sometimes I would like to copy a line to the beginning, middle, or end of another line. I would think this would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment a line of the patterns is a the beginning of the line

I need to comment the lines starting with pattern "exclude" or "exclude=". If the work exclude comes at any other part, ignore it. Also, ignore, excludes, excluded etc. Ie only comment the line starting with exclude. File contents. exclude exclude= hi I am excluded excludes excludes= ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

beginning less from line #

Hi from a script i want to to read a file beginning at line e.g. number 21 to the EOF. less +n21 temp.txt Bevor the result, it brings an empty page, so that i cant use for scripting. Any idea how the problem can be solved? Thanks in advance! IMPe (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
2 Replies
load_dat_font(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					    load_dat_font(3alleg4)

NAME
load_dat_font - Loads a FONT from an Allegro datafile. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> FONT *load_dat_font(const char *filename, RGB *pal, void *param) DESCRIPTION
Loads a FONT from an Allegro datafile. You can set param parameter to point to an array that holds two strings that identify the font and the palette in the datafile by name. The first string in this list is the name of the font. You can pass NULL here to just load the first font found in the datafile. The second string can be used to specify the name of the palette associated with the font. This is only returned if the pal parameter is not NULL. If you pass NULL for the name of the palette, the last palette found before the font was found is returned. You can also pass NULL for param, which is treated as if you had passed NULL for both strings separately. In this case, the function will simply load the first font it finds from the datafile and the palette that precedes it. For example, suppose you have a datafile named `fonts.dat' with the following contents: FONT FONT_1_DATA FONT FONT_2_DATA FONT FONT_3_DATA PAL FONT_1_PALETTE PAL FONT_2_PALETTE Then the following code will load FONT_1_DATA as a FONT and return FONT_1_PALETTE as the palette: FONT *f; PALETTE pal; char *names[] = { "FONT_1_DATA", "FONT_1_PALETTE" } f = load_dat_font("fonts.dat", pal, names); If instead you want to load the second font, FONT_2, from the datafile, you would use: FONT *f; PALETTE pal; char *names[] = { "FONT_2_DATA", "FONT_2_PALETTE" } f = load_dat_font("fonts.dat", pal, names); If you want to load the third font, but not bother with a palette, use: FONT *f; char *names[] = { "FONT_3_DATA", NULL } f = load_dat_font("fonts.dat", NULL, names); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the font or NULL on error. Remember that you are responsible for destroying the font when you are finished with it to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
register_font_file_type(3alleg4), load_font(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 load_dat_font(3alleg4)