Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How do i select all contents between two numbers? Post 302605033 by Corona688 on Tuesday 6th of March 2012 01:12:31 PM
Old 03-06-2012
I'm confused by your request, since I don't see anything like what you want to match (a number, followed by .) in your input text.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to select only those file names whose name contains only numbers.

Hi Guru's, Before writing to this forum I have searched extensively on this forum about my problem. I have to write a shell script which takes out only those file names from the given directory which contains only numbers. For example, In the given directory these files are present: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spranm
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to select only those file names whose name contains only numbers

Hi Guru's, Before writing to this forum I have searched extensively on this forum about my problem. I have to write a shell script which takes out only those file names from the given directory which contains only numbers. For example, In the given directory these files are present: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spranm
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

select contents between two delimiters (not working if newline in encountered)

Hi, I am facing difficulties in selecting the contents between two delimiters when there is a new line occurs.. Eg: >more sample.txt abcd -- this is the first line % efgh-- this is the second line and not able to print % ijkl -- this is the 3rd line % when i search for abcd and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balaji PK
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding common numbers (contents) across 2 or 3 files

I have 3 files which are tab delimited and have numbers in it. file 1 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 File 2 3 5 7 8 File 3 1 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select the exact matching contents using grep

Hi everyone I've two files.. The contents of file1 are as shown below 4 5 12 13 36 37 45 46 47 The contents of file2 are as shown below 21 hello 13 world (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abk07
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed command to display contents where line numbers are stored in variables

if i want to display the contents of a file between say line number 3 and 10 then i use the following command sed -n '3,10p' filename if this 3 was contained in x and 10 was contained in y then how wud this command modified? sed -n '$x,$yp' filename does not work..please advise (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder contents getting appended as strings while redirecting file contents to a variable

Hi one of the output of the command is as below # sed -n "/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/,/---------/{/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/d;/---------/d;p;}" Automation.OutputZ$zoneCounter | sed 's/$/<br>/' Resource List : <br> *************************** 1. row ***************************<br> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select command with variable options having spaces or null contents

Hi, I'm having an issue trying to produce a hierarchical directory menu that has either any directories listed in a specific directory as options or options with spaces in the option content or null content. So the menu function gets passed a base directory, it then lists any .sh scripts in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andyatit
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select only line numbers using grep

Hai, I want to select only line numbers into a file if some pattern matches. I have written my script like below but its not working. #!/bin/sh file='/home/testfile1' filesearch='/home/test00' while read line do search=`echo $line |cut -c 1-24` echo $search echo `grep -n ""... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbu123
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How Select numbers from a line of text, and remove leading spaces?

I have a text file with a line of text that contains numbers and text formatted into groups. I need to extract the number that can be either 1,2 or 3 digits long. Then write it to a variable, but i need to remove any leading spaces in the number first. I can get the numbers out but how to remove... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcpoole
12 Replies
select.h(3HEAD)                                                       Headers                                                      select.h(3HEAD)

NAME
select.h, select - select types SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/select.h> DESCRIPTION
The <sys/select.h> header defines the timeval structure, which includes the following members: time_t tv_sec /* seconds */ suseconds_t tv_usec /* microseconds */ The time_t and suseconds_t types are defined as described in <sys/types.h>. See types.h(3HEAD). The sigset_t type is defined as described in signal.h(3HEAD). The timespec structure is defined as described in <time.h>. See time.h(3HEAD). The <sys/select.h> header defines the fd_set type as a structure. The following is defined as a macro: FD_SETSIZE Maximum number of file descriptors in an fd_set structure. Inclusion of the <sys/select.h> header can make visible all symbols from the headers <signal.h>, <sys/time.h>, and <time.h>. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
select(3C), signal.h(3HEAD), time.h(3HEAD), types.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Sep 2004 select.h(3HEAD)