Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Make multiple awk files into an executable Post 302604988 by jacobs.smith on Tuesday 6th of March 2012 11:51:41 AM
Old 03-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by birei
Sure?

Same input and same awk program? Try debugging with prints inside the script to see where it fails.

I can't help much because I can't reproduce your problem, but post your OS and awk version, and perhaps other users have any idea.
Hi Birei,

I tried using gawk -f script.awk and it works only for the input files. When I try it with other files, it doesn't do anything.

I doubt if the input files in this post are space separated.

Mine are tab separated.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to make a script executable by all users?

I have a script in my home direcroty which upon execution gives the essential system information like memory,cpu etc and is currently owned by root:root. Now I want to see that every non root user will run this file and grab the reqired system info. I know this is some thing associated with chown... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I make "touch" create executable files by manipulating umask?

I'm getting to grips with this concept of the umask. What I thought was, setting umask uga+rwx would result in creating files with all permissions for everyone. Seems not to be the case though. Read and write bits get set, but not the execute bit. Is there some gap in my understanding, or is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tphyahoo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

run and make an executable file

as i said before i'm a beginner in shell programming and i have two questions: how to run an executable file in shell scripts like for example let's say the file called "prog.exe", what's the shell command to run this file? also how can i make the shell file an executable file (if it is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: _-_shadow_-_
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to make script executable

Hello everybody, I'm unable to make my shell script an executable file. The details are as follows: PATH includes my $HOME/bin i.e. /rchome/rc1/bin HOME directory is /rchome/rc1 script name is prep_mig.sh permissions set are 755 It's executing if I give below command sh prep_mig.sh but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitu.keshwani
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make an editing script work for multiple files?

Hey everybody, I have a script for making a string substitution in a file. I am trying to modify it in order to make the same modifcation to multiples files. here is what I have so far. #!/bin/csh set p1="$1" shift set p2="$1" shift foreach x ($*) if ( { grep -w -c "$p1" $x } ) then mv... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: iwatk003
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using AWK: Extract data from multiple files and output to multiple new files

Hi, I'd like to process multiple files. For example: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Each file contains several lines of data. I want to extract a piece of data and output it to a new file. file1.txt ----> newfile1.txt file2.txt ----> newfile2.txt file3.txt ----> newfile3.txt Here is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liverpaul09
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make multiple files of equal length

I have 150 files with 4 columns each but variable row lengths that I need to combine by column. I do not have any common column. I want to use "paste " command in unix to do it but before that I have to get all my files to be of equal length. Is there a way using awk or sed to fill up n no. of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishabh
7 Replies

8. SuSE

How To make bootable USB with multiple ISO Files?

Hi All, I would need your assistance to make a bootable USB with SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server I have already downloaded relevant OS (Trail Version) packages @ 1) SLES-11-SP4-DVD-i586-GM-DVD1 2) SLES-11-SP4-DVD-i586-GM-DVD2 when I tried to open these packages with PowerISO one of the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leaner_963
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script make itself executable

Is there a way to make this make itself executable? Thanks. :-) cat > somescript.sh << \EOF #!/bin/bash block_count=$(sudo tune2fs -l /dev/sda1 | awk '/^Block count:/ {print $NF}') reserved_block_count=$(sudo tune2fs -l /dev/sda1 | awk '/^Reserved block count:/ {print $NF}') perl -e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xargs to call python executable to process multiple bam files

I am running the below loop that to process the 3 bam files (which isn't always the case). A .py executable is then called using | xargs sh to further process. If I just run it with echo the output is fine and expected, however when | xargs sh is added I get the error. I tried adding | xargs... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
gendef(1)						      General Commands Manual							 gendef(1)

NAME
gendef - DLL export extractor SYNOPSIS
gendef [options] <DLL> DESCRIPTION
gendef dumps DLL export information from 32- and 64-bit Windows executables (respectively PE32 and PE32+ executables). OPTIONS
- Dump to stdout -h, --help Briefly describe the syntax and options. -a, --assume-stdcall Assume functions with ambiguous calling conventions use stdcall. -I, --include-def-path <path> Add additional search paths in which to look for hint .def files. -f, --no-forward-output Don't output forwarders. OUTPUT
By default gendef writes the DLL export information to a file named after the DLL, replacing .dll with .def. KNOWN ISSUES
For 32-bit DLLs, gendef cannot detect if a function with no return value (void) exported by a DLL uses stdcall or cdecl. Two workarounds are available: either use the "-a" option to force stdcall calling conventions, or generate .def files for any DLLs the DLL you're inter- ested in depends upon. gendef will read other .def files found in the working directory to determine the calling convention in use. 64-bit DLLs are not affected, since they only use a single calling convention. SEE ALSO
genidl(1) AUTHORS
gendef was written by Kai Tietz and Jonathan Yong of the MinGW-w64 project. This manual page was written by Stephen Kitt <steve@sk2.org>, based on information provided with the program and in the project's wiki, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). gendef Oct 6, 2011 gendef(1)