Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem copying files from windows to unix Post 302604954 by Corona688 on Tuesday 6th of March 2012 11:05:35 AM
Old 03-06-2012
If you want to run ftp or sftp on windows, you'll have to start daemons for them, it won't just happen to have them running.

Same for file shares. You must actually open up file shares to have file shares open.

How to access these shares from UNIX depends on your OS.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying file from Unix workspace to Windows Network

Hi All, I am new for Unix, and facing one problem I wanted to copy some of files from my Unix workarea to Window network drive. I am not able to use copy or move command for this, as this only works within workarea. Please let me know, how it can be done. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwanis
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Sco Open Server, Windows Computers Problem Access Unix Shared Files Help!!!!!

Hello Moto I hope someone can help We's here at work, have a unix box with sco openserver 5 on it, so it has a nice gui interface.. and also a fair few windows computers.. a system admin guy b4 me, has set up a user called neil, which can, when u try to access the unix box using windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying from unix to windows

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, I want to copy some imp files from solaris server to windows server in a particular directory,username and password should be inside script and i want to it should copy output of some commands to windows server.first it will copy output of command to file then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying files from UNIX to windows using FTP

Hi, I want to transfer the approx 10k files available on UNIX Server to Windows Server using FTP Command. is it possible? how ? Thanks in advance. Sachin. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssachins
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying files from Windows!!

All, I have a requirement where Iwill be getting the CSV files on windows Shared Drive, and I need to copy those to my unix directory... Is there anyway we can do this?? Thanks, freakabhi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freakabhi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error copying files from Unix (Solaris10) to Windows Server 2003 using scp/sftp

Hi, I have generated a Public/Private Key Pair in Solaris Unix (source) server and deployed the Public key in Windows 2003(target) server .ssh directory of user profile. When i try to connect(ssh, scp, sftp) from Unix, i'm getting below error message. Sun_SSH_1.1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

RCP for copying the files from one drive to other on Windows

Hi, I have a requirement to move the files between two drives in windows machine from Korn sheel. I came to know that It can be done through RCP. Can any one help me with syntax for connecting to Windows machine and moving the files with RCP in KSH? Thanks in advance. Double post.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files from windows shared location to linux box

Hi, i am new to shell scripting. i have a requirement to copy the files from a windows shared location( vendor will place the files here) to Linux server( my Informatica will pick the files from this location). Files should be loaded in the order in which they were placed in windows box.(Based on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Haari
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for copying files from windows to UNIX

Hi guys Let me start by saying that I'm a newbie, so feel free to point me to any good reading material. What I wanted to do is copy some specific files from windows to unix. Let me elaborate my view. Let's say I have some directory tree in unix, CHO-species/C2H1O1/ VAS-S005-001-Ru444/OPT-0/,... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleheen
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying the files to Windows server from UNIX server

Hi Team, I had a requirement to write a shell script which automatically transfer the files from unix server to windows server. I can able to unix to unix using Scp command. I am not sure how to do unix to windows. I am very new on this concept. Could you please help me or guide in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
4 Replies
ssss(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   ssss(1)

NAME
ssss - Split and Combine Secrets using Shamir's Secret Sharing Scheme. SYNOPSIS
ssss-split -t threshold -n shares [-w token] [-s level] [-x] [-q] [-Q] [-D] [-v] ssss-combine -t threshold [-x] [-q] [-Q] [-D] [-v] DESCRIPTION
ssss is an implementation of Shamir's Secret Sharing Scheme. The program suite does both: the generation of shares for a known secret, and the reconstruction of a secret using user-provided shares. COMMANDS
ssss-split: prompt the user for a secret and generate a set of corresponding shares. ssss-combine: read in a set of shares and reconstruct the secret. OPTIONS
-t threshold Specify the number of shares necessary to reconstruct the secret. -n shares Specify the number of shares to be generated. -w token Text token to name shares in order to avoid confusion in case one utilizes secret sharing to protect several independent secrets. The generated shares are prefixed by these tokens. -s level Enforce the scheme's security level (in bits). This option implies an upper bound for the length of the shared secret (shorter secrets are padded). Only multiples of 8 in the range from 8 to 1024 are allowed. If this option is ommitted (or the value given is 0) the security level is chosen automatically depending on the secret's length. The security level directly determines the length of the shares. -x Hex mode: use hexadecimal digits in place of ASCII characters for I/O. This is useful if one wants to protect binary data, like block cipher keys. -q Quiet mode: disable all unnecessary output. Useful in scripts. -Q Extra quiet mode: like -q, but also suppress warnings. -D Disable the diffusion layer added in version 0.2. This option is needed when shares are combined that where generated with ssss ver- sion 0.1. -v Print version information. EXAMPLE
In case you want to protect your login password with a set of ten shares in such a way that any three of them can reconstruct the password, you simply run the command ssss-split -t 3 -n 10 -w passwd To reconstruct the password pass three of the generated shares (in any order) to ssss-combine -t 3 NOTES
To protect a secret larger than 1024 bits a hybrid technique has to be applied: encrypt the secret with a block cipher and apply secret sharing to just the key. Among others openssl and gpg can do the encryption part: openssl bf -e < file.plain > file.encrypted gpg -c < file.plain > file.encrypted SECURITY
ssss tries to lock its virtual address space into RAM for privacy reasons. But this may fail for two reasons: either the current uid doesn't permit page locking, or the RLIMIT_MEMLOCK is set too low. After printing a warning message ssss will run even without obtaining the desired mlock. AUTHOR
This software (v0.5) was written in 2006 by B. Poettering (ssss AT point-at-infinity.org). Find the newest version of ssss on the project's homepage: http://point-at-infinity.org/ssss/. FURTHER READING
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_sharing Manuals User ssss(1)