Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ghostscript error while converting PDF to Postscript Post 302604947 by geeveejey on Tuesday 6th of March 2012 10:55:04 AM
Old 03-06-2012
Ghostscript error while converting PDF to Postscript

Hi,

I have been using Ghostscript to convert PDF to Postscript (PS) file.
GS version : 8.15.2. GS command used is :
gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dSAFER -sDEVICE=pswrite -sOutputFile=output1.ps input1.pdf

File format conversion to PS is success in majority of the cases but some PDF files are producing 'Unrecoverable error' as below -

ERROR: /undefined in --get--
Operand stack:
--dict:8/8(L)-- --dict:10/13(L)-- R8 --dict:10/10(ro)(G)-- R8
Execution stack:
%interp_exit .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- false 1 %stopped_push 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 1 22 --nostringval-- %for_pos_int_continue --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- %array_continue --nostringval-- false 1 %stopped_push --nostringval-- %loop_continue --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval--
Dictionary stack:
--dict:1119/1686(ro)(G)-- --dict:0/20(G)-- --dict:107/200(L)-- --dict:107/200(L)-- --dict:104/127(ro)(G)-- --dict:241/347(ro)(G)-- --dict:20/24(L)-- --dict:4/6(L)-- --dict:21/32(L)-- --dict:7/8(L)-- --dict:1/1(ro)(G)-- --dict:10/13(L)--
Current allocation mode is local
Last OS error: 2
ESP Ghostscript 815.02: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

Please let me know what could be the actual reason for this error and how can I go ahead with resolving it.
Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error when converting to Postscript format

Hi All, I am trying to convert my file containing a image file (bmp,jpg, or gif ) into a postscript format on solaris. I have configured the printer with following configuration, PrinterName : psPrinter Print Server : "machine name" Printer Port : /dev/null Printer Type :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zing
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing in postscript or convert from pdf?

hi - go easy on me, i'm new to UNIX... i need to resample huge pdf files and make them smaller. distiller won't resize existing pdf files. i thought i could print the pdf to a postscript file and then resample that. would that work? if so, how? is this the best way forward or should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jono2000
1 Replies

3. AIX

PDF to postscript conversion poroblems

Hi Gurus, We are currently using a JAVA program that enables us to use some forms and convert them from PDF to print them postscript. It works great except that everytime it runs JAVA sucks 100% of the CPU. What can I do to reduce the impact? I am looking at: 1. Nice the java... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Luck
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting ps file to pdf

I have a number of post script files (*.ps) which I need to convert into Pdf. I am using the ps2pdf command for this, but the trouble is that this commands takes only one input at a time. So the command ps2pdf *.ps doesnt work. how can I make a script which will take each .ps file from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasjot31
3 Replies

5. AIX

AIX converting PDF to PS

my app creates pdf and prints them on windows. I want to run the same app on AIX 5.2. I convert PDF to PS using acroread command. But some options of acroread like landscape etc do not work. I came to know from google that there is bug with acroread for AIX with landscape option. Can you suggest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayakshukre
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting multiple latex files to pdf

Hi everybody! This is my first post. I am a student and I'm familiarizing myself with linux. I have lots of directories each containing file called "zadaci.latex". I want to convert them to pdf's and rename them to <directory_name>.pdf. I read alot on this forum and came up with this script:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Element9
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting LATEX PDF to WORD document

Hi there, is it possible to convert pdf files to Word with some free :p software or with some trick??? Now I'm working with LATEX and I can get pdf format but I would like to get .rtf or .doc files too:rolleyes:. Lately I found something like that, but it wasn't free. Thanks for any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting html to pdf perl

Hi All, I have a requirement of converting an html form into pdf using perl. The html form contains images, tables and css implementation. I tried using various perl modules but failed to achive the target. I succeeded in generating a pdf from the html file using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for converting a pdf to book format

Hello, excuse my English... I'm trying to do a nautilus-script to transform a normal A4 pdf to another pdf with book format, ready to be printed (double sided). I mean, the script put pages in order and also put 2 pages per horizontal A4 page (p.e.: a pdf with 8 pages would look like: 8-1, 2-7,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dokan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread

Does anybody have idea of Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread ? ---------- Post updated at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:44 PM ---------- This file is not password protected. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies
NWDIAG(1)						      General Commands Manual							 NWDIAG(1)

NAME
rackdiag - generate rack-structure-diagram image file from spec-text file. SYNOPSIS
rackdiag [options] files DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the rackdiag commands. rackdiag is generate sequence-diagram image file from spec-text file. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -h, --help show this help message and exit. --version show program's version number and exit. -a, --antialias Pass diagram image to anti-alias filter. -c FILE, --config=FILE read configurations from FILE. -o FILE write diagram to FILE. -f FONT, --font=FONT use FONT to draw diagram. -T TYPE Output diagram as TYPE format. SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by http://blockdiag.com/en/nwdiag/ AUTHOR
rackdiag was written by Takeshi Komiya <i.tkomiya@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Kouhei Maeda <mkouhei@palmtb.net>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). June 11, 2011 NWDIAG(1)