Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SUSE Linux
Operating Systems Linux SUSE Linux Post 302604911 by mark54g on Tuesday 6th of March 2012 09:44:05 AM
Old 03-06-2012
I'd disagree there, Jim. SUSE tends to be more cutting edge than other distros, at least on the enterprise front. From the OpenSUSE side, only Fedora and in some cases, Ubuntu tend to beat them to the punch on newer updates.

I have used i7 hardware with SUSE for quite some time. I would venture to guess there's either an old version in use or a broken piece of kit.

What is the model of the keyboard, the computer, and what version of SUSE are you using, including the architecture type.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

suse linux 6.4-8.1

i need some help from somone familiar with suse linux. i am wanting to update my suse linux 6.4 box to suse linux 8.1. i am trying to do it with yast. and i want to do it via ftp. now, to do this the first thing i need to do is change my source media settings in yast, right now it is the cdrom.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
3 Replies

2. SuSE

Suse LINUX

What is the equivalent of sun explorer in suse linux? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SuSe Linux Hardening

We've got a FTP server that's open to the public network and its running on Suse SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) SP2 Now, since it's an FTP server I can't disable that service, but how else do I harden this server from attacks from outside? I am thinking of disabling the firewall and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
3 Replies
Module::Packaged(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Module::Packaged(3pm)

NAME
Module::Packaged - Report upon packages of CPAN distributions SYNOPSIS
use Module::Packaged; my $p = Module::Packaged->new(); my $dists = $p->check('Archive-Tar'); # $dists is now: # { # cpan => '1.08', # debian => '1.03', # fedora => '0.22', # freebsd => '1.07', # gentoo => '1.05', # openbsd => '0.22', # suse => '0.23', # } # meaning that Archive-Tar is at version 1.08 on CPAN but only at # version 1.07 on FreeBSD, version 1.05 on Gentoo, version 1.03 on # Debian, version 0.23 on SUSE and version 0.22 on OpenBSD DESCRIPTION
CPAN consists of distributions. However, CPAN is not an isolated system - distributions are also packaged in other places, such as for operating systems. This module reports whether CPAN distributions are packaged for various operating systems, and which version they have. Only CPAN, Debian, Fedora (Core 2), FreeBSD, Gentoo, Mandriva (10.1), OpenBSD (3.6) and SUSE (9.2) are currently supported. I want to support everything else. Patches are welcome. The data is fetched from the net and cached for an hour. METHODS
new() The new() method is a constructor: my $p = Module::Packaged->new(); check() The check() method returns a hash reference. The keys are various distributions, the values the version number included: my $dists = $p->check('Archive-Tar'); COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003-5 Leon Brocard. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Leon Brocard, leon@astray.com perl v5.12.4 2011-09-17 Module::Packaged(3pm)