Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed on Associative array in awk Post 302604896 by aigles on Tuesday 6th of March 2012 09:17:50 AM
Old 03-06-2012
Sorry, I still do not understand your request.
In your example, the column TGT_COL3 not seem to be an average but rather a sum.

Can you explain in details how you get your output.

Jean-Pierre.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Associative Array

Hi, I am trying to make an associative array to use in a popup_menu on a website. Here is what i have: foreach $entr ( @entries ) { $temp_uid = $entr->get_value(uid); $temp_naam = $entr->get_value(sn); $s++; } This is the popup_menu i want to use it in. popup_menu(-name=>'modcon',... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tine
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Sorting an associative array

Hi, When using sort on an associative array: foreach $key (sort(keys(%opalfabet))){ $value = $opalfabet{$key}; $result .= $value; } How does it handle double values? It seems to me that it removes them, is that true? If so, is there a way to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tine
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with lookup values on AWK associative array

I'm at wits end with this issue and my troubleshooting leads me to believe it is a problem with the file formatting of the array referenced by my script: awk -F, '{if (NR==FNR) {a=$4","$3","$2}\ else {print a "," $0}}' WBTSassignments1.txt RNCalarms.tmp On the WBTSassignments1.txt file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JasonHamm
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, associative array, compare files

i have a file like this < '393200103052';'H3G';'20081204' < '393200103059';'TIM';'20110111' < '393200103061';'TIM';'20060206' < '393200103064';'OPI';'20110623' > '393200103052';'HKG';'20081204' > '393200103056';'TIM';'20110111' > '393200103088';'TIM';'20060206' Now i have to generate a file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthi123
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Associative array

I have an associative array named table declare -A table table="fruit" table="veggie" table="GT" table="eminem" Now say I have a variable returning the value highway How do I find corresponding value GT ?? (this value that I find (GT in this case) is supposed to be the name of a mysql... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leghorn
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Morse Code with Associative Array

Continuing my quest to learn BASH, Bourne, Awk, Grep, etc. on my own through the use of a few books. I've come to an exercise that has me absolutely stumped. The specifics: 1. Using ONLY BASH scripting commands (not sed, awk, etc.), write a script to convert a string on the command line to... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmarine1980
22 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Dealing with whitespace in associative array indicies

Is there a reliable way to deal with whitespace in array indicies? I am trying to annotate fails in a database using a table of known fails. In a begin block I have code like this: # Read in Known Fail List getline < "'"$failListFile"'"; getline < "'"$failListFile"'"; getline <... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using associative array for comparison

Hello together, i make something wrong... I want an array that contains information to associate it for further processing. Here is something from my bash... You will know, what I'm trying to do. I have to point out in advance, that the variable $SYSOS is changing and not as static as in my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Decstasy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Associative array index question

I am trying to assign indexes to an associative array in a for loop but I have to use an eval command to make it work, this doesn't seem correct I don't have to do this with regular arrays For example, the following assignment fails without the eval command: #! /bin/bash read -d "\0" -a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riker1204
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk Associative Array and/or Referring to Field by String (Nonconstant String Value)

I will start with an example of what I'm trying to do and then describe how I am approaching the issue. File PS028,005 Lexeme HRS # M # PhraseType 1(1:1) 7(7) PhraseLab 501 503 ClauseType ZYq0 PS028,005 Lexeme W # L> # BNH # M #... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
17 Replies
diction(1)						      General Commands Manual							diction(1)

NAME
diction, explain, suggest - Prints wordy sentences and looks them up in an interactive thesaurus. SYNOPSIS
diction [-fpattern_file] [-k] [-ma] [-me] [-ml] [-ms] [-n] [file...] explain suggest The diction command finds all sentences in an English language document that contain phrases from a database of bad or wordy diction. The explain command is an interactive thesaurus for the English language phrases found by the diction command and only for those phrases. The diction command reads from standard in if no file operand is provided. The suggest command is a synonym for explain. OPTIONS
Names a user-created pattern file to be used in addition to the default file. Passes the -k option to the deroff command. The -k option keeps blocks of text specified nroff by requests or macros; for example, the request. Passes the -ma option to deroff. The -ma option interprets nroff man macros only. Overrides the default nroff -ms macro package. Causes deroff to skip lists; should be used if a docu- ment contains many lists of nonsentences. Overrides the default nroff -ms macro package. Suppresses use of the default file (used with -f). Only the user-created pattern file is used. DESCRIPTION
Each phrase found by the diction command is enclosed in [ ] (brackets). Because diction runs deroff before looking at the text, include formatting header files as part of the input. Before using the explain command, use the diction command to obtain a list of poorly worded phrases. When you use the explain command, the system prompts you for a phrase and responds with a grammatically acceptable alternative. You can continue typing phrases, or you can exit by pressing the End-of-File key sequence. The explain command can also take input redirected from a file. No other command line arguments are valid. NOTES
Use of nonstandard formatting macros may cause incorrect sentence breaks. In particular, diction does not understand -me. FILES
Default pattern file. Thesaurus used by the explain command. SEE ALSO
Commands: deroff(1), nroff(1) diction(1)