Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed on Associative array in awk Post 302604888 by imsularif on Tuesday 6th of March 2012 08:57:44 AM
Old 03-06-2012
Thanks Jean-Pierre for the reply.

To understand the requirement, All the columns in the test.txt are independent and no relation between. in other words, it is source file.

the output derived from the file should be

TGT_COL1 TGT_COL2 TGT_COL3
1 500 500
2 290 290
3 100 100

ie: TGT_COL2 = sum of SRC_COL2 / unique count of SRC_COL1
TGT_COL3= sum of SRC_COL4 / unique count of SRC_COL2

PS : I have updated the test.txt in the subject post.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Associative Array

Hi, I am trying to make an associative array to use in a popup_menu on a website. Here is what i have: foreach $entr ( @entries ) { $temp_uid = $entr->get_value(uid); $temp_naam = $entr->get_value(sn); $s++; } This is the popup_menu i want to use it in. popup_menu(-name=>'modcon',... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tine
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Sorting an associative array

Hi, When using sort on an associative array: foreach $key (sort(keys(%opalfabet))){ $value = $opalfabet{$key}; $result .= $value; } How does it handle double values? It seems to me that it removes them, is that true? If so, is there a way to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tine
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with lookup values on AWK associative array

I'm at wits end with this issue and my troubleshooting leads me to believe it is a problem with the file formatting of the array referenced by my script: awk -F, '{if (NR==FNR) {a=$4","$3","$2}\ else {print a "," $0}}' WBTSassignments1.txt RNCalarms.tmp On the WBTSassignments1.txt file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JasonHamm
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, associative array, compare files

i have a file like this < '393200103052';'H3G';'20081204' < '393200103059';'TIM';'20110111' < '393200103061';'TIM';'20060206' < '393200103064';'OPI';'20110623' > '393200103052';'HKG';'20081204' > '393200103056';'TIM';'20110111' > '393200103088';'TIM';'20060206' Now i have to generate a file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthi123
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Associative array

I have an associative array named table declare -A table table="fruit" table="veggie" table="GT" table="eminem" Now say I have a variable returning the value highway How do I find corresponding value GT ?? (this value that I find (GT in this case) is supposed to be the name of a mysql... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leghorn
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Morse Code with Associative Array

Continuing my quest to learn BASH, Bourne, Awk, Grep, etc. on my own through the use of a few books. I've come to an exercise that has me absolutely stumped. The specifics: 1. Using ONLY BASH scripting commands (not sed, awk, etc.), write a script to convert a string on the command line to... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmarine1980
22 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Dealing with whitespace in associative array indicies

Is there a reliable way to deal with whitespace in array indicies? I am trying to annotate fails in a database using a table of known fails. In a begin block I have code like this: # Read in Known Fail List getline < "'"$failListFile"'"; getline < "'"$failListFile"'"; getline <... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using associative array for comparison

Hello together, i make something wrong... I want an array that contains information to associate it for further processing. Here is something from my bash... You will know, what I'm trying to do. I have to point out in advance, that the variable $SYSOS is changing and not as static as in my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Decstasy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Associative array index question

I am trying to assign indexes to an associative array in a for loop but I have to use an eval command to make it work, this doesn't seem correct I don't have to do this with regular arrays For example, the following assignment fails without the eval command: #! /bin/bash read -d "\0" -a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riker1204
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk Associative Array and/or Referring to Field by String (Nonconstant String Value)

I will start with an example of what I'm trying to do and then describe how I am approaching the issue. File PS028,005 Lexeme HRS # M # PhraseType 1(1:1) 7(7) PhraseLab 501 503 ClauseType ZYq0 PS028,005 Lexeme W # L> # BNH # M #... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
17 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)