Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to count the dataflow in a table in oracle database Post 302604863 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 6th of March 2012 07:20:47 AM
Old 03-06-2012
I'm not a DBA, but this kind of thing is available in products like Spotlight and Toad.
What you are asking for is database I/O, and I do not believe this is available on anything more fine-grained than a tablespace. Many tables can live in a tablespace. If your table is the only one in its tablespace you may be in luck.

And unless your table has an actively maintained "activity_date" column (timestamp or sysdate) you will never get insert rates, except going forward.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

export table from oracle database

i would like to export a particular table in my oracle database installed in a hpux box. i would like to determine the filesize of the output before performing these action so i can assess if my harddisk can still handle it. thanks as usuall :rolleyes: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: inquirer
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

update a oracle table using shell script

Hi, I would like to know how to update a table in Oracle database, if a command in one shell script either successfully completes or it fails.(like Y if its success or N if its a failure) While the command is running,I am able to view the log file created in the Unix machine.After the command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ann_124
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete database table based on months using script.

HI All, Newbie here. I have a script which generates the tables in teradata database with time stamp like below.I want to add some more code to delete the archive tables which are 2months old. . $HOME/.profile t_name=$1 procdate=`date +%y%m%d` log_dir=$Folder/log tab=`echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maverick79
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

to create a oracle table in perl script

Hi all, I have to create table for each month inside a perl script. tablename_monthnameyear. megh_aug2008 for august 2008. megh_sep2008 for september 2008. just like the logfiles created on date basis. thanks megh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the record count in table (table in oracle)

I have requirement: 1) Check the record count in table (table in oracle) 2) If records exists generate the file for existing records and wait for some time (Go to sleep mode) and Again check the record count after 10 min.......... (Loop this process if record count >0). 3) Generate touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamineni
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the record count in table (table in oracle)

I have requirement: 1) Check the record count in table (table in oracle) 2) If records exists generate the file for existing records and wait for some time then Go to sleep mode and Again check the record count after 10 min.......... (Loop this process if record count >0). 3) Generate touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamineni
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample ksh script for copy the data from excel to database table ?

Hi All, I need to convert the data from excel to database table in sybase. Please provide some sample script.. thanks, Royal. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royal9482
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert script result into Oracle Table

Hi All, I want to insert STAT and ENDTIME values for each job in joblist into TBL_DAILY_STATUS table. Eg: insert into tbl_daily_status values(STAT,ENDTIME); Please help me on this. #!/bin/ksh joblist="com_abc_job com_abc_dot_job com_abc_seq com_abc_det" for i in $joblist do... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vichuelaa
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Script required for count the records in table

Hi Friends, I looking for the script for the count of the records in table. and then it's containg the zero records then should get abort. and should notify us through mail. Can you please help me out in this area i am lacking. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Intelligent Script to Insert Records in Database Table

Hello All Members, I am new to this forum and to the shell scripting. I want to write a shell script to do the following: Scenario: I have a pipe delimited .txt file with multiple fields in it. The very first row of the file contains the name of the column which resembles the name of the... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetanojha
18 Replies
CREATE 
TABLESPACE(7) SQL Commands CREATE TABLESPACE(7) NAME
CREATE TABLESPACE - define a new tablespace SYNOPSIS
CREATE TABLESPACE tablespacename [ OWNER username ] LOCATION 'directory' DESCRIPTION
CREATE TABLESPACE registers a new cluster-wide tablespace. The tablespace name must be distinct from the name of any existing tablespace in the database cluster. A tablespace allows superusers to define an alternative location on the file system where the data files containing database objects (such as tables and indexes) can reside. A user with appropriate privileges can pass tablespacename to CREATE DATABASE, CREATE TABLE, CREATE INDEX or ADD CONSTRAINT to have the data files for these objects stored within the specified tablespace. PARAMETERS
tablespacename The name of a tablespace to be created. The name cannot begin with pg_, as such names are reserved for system tablespaces. username The name of the user who will own the tablespace. If omitted, defaults to the user executing the command. Only superusers can create tablespaces, but they can assign ownership of tablespaces to non-superusers. directory The directory that will be used for the tablespace. The directory must be empty and must be owned by the PostgreSQL system user. The directory must be specified by an absolute path name. NOTES
Tablespaces are only supported on systems that support symbolic links. CREATE TABLESPACE cannot be executed inside a transaction block. EXAMPLES
Create a tablespace dbspace at /data/dbs: CREATE TABLESPACE dbspace LOCATION '/data/dbs'; Create a tablespace indexspace at /data/indexes owned by user genevieve: CREATE TABLESPACE indexspace OWNER genevieve LOCATION '/data/indexes'; COMPATIBILITY
CREATE TABLESPACE is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
CREATE DATABASE [create_database(7)], CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)], CREATE INDEX [create_index(7)], DROP TABLESPACE [drop_tablespace(7)], ALTER TABLESPACE [alter_tablespace(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 CREATE TABLESPACE(7)