Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to count the dataflow in a table in oracle database Post 302604847 by PhAnT0M on Tuesday 6th of March 2012 06:24:24 AM
Old 03-06-2012
Script to count the dataflow in a table in oracle database

I need to write a unix shell script to connect to oracle database and retrieve data from a table, the script should count the total number of rows till date in that table
number of rows which are getting filled per hour on current day and the peak hour of the current day
number of rows which are getting filled per day and per week

This is to be done for multiple tables

This count helps me in calculating the dataflow per hour,day,week

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

export table from oracle database

i would like to export a particular table in my oracle database installed in a hpux box. i would like to determine the filesize of the output before performing these action so i can assess if my harddisk can still handle it. thanks as usuall :rolleyes: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: inquirer
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

update a oracle table using shell script

Hi, I would like to know how to update a table in Oracle database, if a command in one shell script either successfully completes or it fails.(like Y if its success or N if its a failure) While the command is running,I am able to view the log file created in the Unix machine.After the command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ann_124
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete database table based on months using script.

HI All, Newbie here. I have a script which generates the tables in teradata database with time stamp like below.I want to add some more code to delete the archive tables which are 2months old. . $HOME/.profile t_name=$1 procdate=`date +%y%m%d` log_dir=$Folder/log tab=`echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maverick79
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

to create a oracle table in perl script

Hi all, I have to create table for each month inside a perl script. tablename_monthnameyear. megh_aug2008 for august 2008. megh_sep2008 for september 2008. just like the logfiles created on date basis. thanks megh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the record count in table (table in oracle)

I have requirement: 1) Check the record count in table (table in oracle) 2) If records exists generate the file for existing records and wait for some time (Go to sleep mode) and Again check the record count after 10 min.......... (Loop this process if record count >0). 3) Generate touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamineni
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the record count in table (table in oracle)

I have requirement: 1) Check the record count in table (table in oracle) 2) If records exists generate the file for existing records and wait for some time then Go to sleep mode and Again check the record count after 10 min.......... (Loop this process if record count >0). 3) Generate touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamineni
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample ksh script for copy the data from excel to database table ?

Hi All, I need to convert the data from excel to database table in sybase. Please provide some sample script.. thanks, Royal. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royal9482
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert script result into Oracle Table

Hi All, I want to insert STAT and ENDTIME values for each job in joblist into TBL_DAILY_STATUS table. Eg: insert into tbl_daily_status values(STAT,ENDTIME); Please help me on this. #!/bin/ksh joblist="com_abc_job com_abc_dot_job com_abc_seq com_abc_det" for i in $joblist do... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vichuelaa
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Script required for count the records in table

Hi Friends, I looking for the script for the count of the records in table. and then it's containg the zero records then should get abort. and should notify us through mail. Can you please help me out in this area i am lacking. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Intelligent Script to Insert Records in Database Table

Hello All Members, I am new to this forum and to the shell scripting. I want to write a shell script to do the following: Scenario: I have a pipe delimited .txt file with multiple fields in it. The very first row of the file contains the name of the column which resembles the name of the... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetanojha
18 Replies
DB2_ROLLBACK(3) 							 1							   DB2_ROLLBACK(3)

db2_rollback - Rolls back a transaction

SYNOPSIS
bool db2_rollback (resource $connection) DESCRIPTION
Rolls back an in-progress transaction on the specified connection resource and begins a new transaction. PHP applications normally default to AUTOCOMMIT mode, so db2_rollback(3) normally has no effect unless AUTOCOMMIT has been turned off for the connection resource. PARAMETERS
o $connection - A valid database connection resource variable as returned from db2_connect(3) or db2_pconnect(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Rolling back a DELETE statement In the following example, we count the number of rows in a table, turn off AUTOCOMMIT mode on a database connection, delete all of the rows in the table and return the count of 0 to prove that the rows have been removed. We then issue db2_rollback(3) and return the updated count of rows in the table to show that the number is the same as before we issued the DELETE statement. The return to the original state of the table demonstrates that the roll back of the transaction succeeded. <?php $conn = db2_connect($database, $user, $password); if ($conn) { $stmt = db2_exec($conn, "SELECT count(*) FROM animals"); $res = db2_fetch_array( $stmt ); echo $res[0] . " "; // Turn AUTOCOMMIT off db2_autocommit($conn, DB2_AUTOCOMMIT_OFF); // Delete all rows from ANIMALS db2_exec($conn, "DELETE FROM animals"); $stmt = db2_exec($conn, "SELECT count(*) FROM animals"); $res = db2_fetch_array( $stmt ); echo $res[0] . " "; // Roll back the DELETE statement db2_rollback( $conn ); $stmt = db2_exec( $conn, "SELECT count(*) FROM animals" ); $res = db2_fetch_array( $stmt ); echo $res[0] . " "; db2_close($conn); } ?> The above example will output: 7 0 7 SEE ALSO
db2_autocommit(3), db2_commit(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_ROLLBACK(3)