Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Shell Script
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Linux Shell Script Post 302604816 by vbe on Tuesday 6th of March 2012 04:30:34 AM
Old 03-06-2012
Is this an assignment? in wich case you are to comply to the special rules that apply here, starting by filling in the given form...
If not you are in the wrong forum...
Thread closed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Shell Question: how to print the shell script name ?

Suppose I have a script named "sc.sh" in the script how to print out its name "sc.sh"? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI shell script for Linux

Hi, I want to write shell script file that have a GUI with multiple input box for user entry , i mean multiple input box in one dialog ( window) not one window for each entry , i tried kdialog , and zenity , i didnt find a way to have multiple input box in one window with zenity and kdialog.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_aliagha
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with linux shell script

HI im a novice with shell scripts but i need help with a random script I have this folder filled with 500 different file names... I need help creating a script that will take each filename and make a new folder named that filename and then move that file into the newly created folder. Then the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emachala
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Shell Script

I'm interested in writing a (hopefully) simple Linux Shell Script. Upon shutdown of the system (or upon reboot), I would like the script to automatically reset any changes made during that session. This includes files saved to the hard disk as well as any configuration changes. I would also like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilson735
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for ping, Linux

I woul like to create a script in order to make a ping to a server and save in a variable a 1 if respond or a 0 if it doesnt. Then with that I could make a graffic of the server, for how long it is up.:b: So far I have this: if ; then #if the ip respond the ping shows online echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsebastiang0
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PLEASE HELP! LINUX BASH SHELL SCRIPT

PLEASE HELP! NEED LINUX SCTIPT Need to write a bash shell script to show information of employees of a department from a company data set. The script should accept a project number (1/2/3/10/20/30) and output * the name of the project * the name of the manager of the controlling... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: help123
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

LINUX Bash Shell Script

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a bash shell script that presents work information of employees of a department from a company data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: help123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! Linux shell script

Hi all, I am trying to make a Nodemanager work in RHEL 5 I got this script from 'oraclemiddleware.wordpress.com', and made appropriate changes to suit my weblogic installation. I keep getting the error, "line 82: syntax error: unexpected end of file". I have checked every line to make sure all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrv1
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell Linux

Hello, Please, how can I complete this script: Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need some Help please with Linux shell script.

we need help with the syntax with this shell script, if you could create this shell script we can donate to a charity etc. we need to set up a directory called user3 inside directory user3 we need to create the following files : afile, anyfile, anotherfile, afiletest, bfile. bfiletest, cfile,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cometboy
3 Replies
Task::Weaken(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Task::Weaken(3)

NAME
Task::Weaken - Ensure that a platform has weaken support DESCRIPTION
One recurring problem in modules that use Scalar::Util's "weaken" function is that it is not present in the pure-perl variant. While this isn't necesarily always a problem in a straight CPAN-based Perl environment, some operating system distributions only include the pure-Perl versions, don't include the XS version, and so weaken is then "missing" from the platform, despite passing a dependency on Scalar::Util successfully. Most notably this is RedHat Linux at time of writing, but other come and go and do the same thing, hence "recurring problem". The normal solution is to manually write tests in each distribution to ensure that "weaken" is available. This restores the functionality testing to a dependency you do once in your Makefile.PL, rather than something you have to write extra tests for each time you write a module. It should also help make the package auto-generators for the various operating systems play more nicely, because it introduces a dependency that they have to have a proper weaken in order to work. How this Task works Part of the problem seems to stem from the fact that some distributions continue to include modules even if they fail some of their tests. To get around that for this module, it will do a few dirty tricks. If Scalar::Util is not available at all, it will issue a normal dependency on the module. However, if Scalar::Util is relatively new ( it is >= 1.19 ) and the module does not have weaken, the install will bail out altogether with a long error encouraging the user to seek support from their vendor (this problem happens most often in vendor-packaged Perl versions). This distribution also contains tests to ensure that weaken is available using more normal methods. So if your module uses "weaken", you can just add the following to your Module::Install-based Makefile.PL (or equivalent). requires 'Task::Weaken' => 0; SUPPORT
Bugs should be always be reported via the CPAN bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Task-Weaken> For other issues,contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
Task, Scalar::Util, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2011-03-08 Task::Weaken(3)