Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help Explain the output of probe-scsi Post 302604744 by coolboys on Monday 5th of March 2012 11:02:24 PM
Old 03-06-2012
#probe scsi ( output show only Externally connected device )

# probe scsi all (show all internally and externally device )

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

probe software

can anyone point me towards a program to list what's installed on my sunOS box and their version numbers. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sphiengollie
2 Replies

2. Solaris

probe-scsi-all hangs probing D1000

Hi folks, I´m having a problem with a Ultra60 box with diff scsi pci card conected to one D1000. The conection are correct because a checked the D1000 guide. When a do probe-scsi-all in the OBP, the D1000 blink all disks one time then the led of one of the disks powers off and then nothing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacewalker
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Help probe-scsi-all

I have run init 0 to bring it to OK prompt. I know that probe-scsi-all can hang the system. I want to know what is the difference between probe-scsi-all and probe-scsi. I was told that probe-scsi-all external and internal devices and probe-scsi shows only internal devices. what dose this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the output of the command....

Explain the output of the command “sort -rfn file1 | more” (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wickbc
1 Replies

5. Programming

Please Explain me the output

#include<stdio.h> char *def={"pqrs","rstu","tuvw","vwxyz","xyzab"}; char abc={"abc","def","ghi","jkl","mno"}; void main() { char *p=(char *)def; p=p+40; printf("%s\n",p); } the output of the abve code snippet is mno... HOW??? beats me.. please help (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikashtulsiyan
10 Replies

6. Solaris

probe-scsi => error

i have a new netra 240 server when i make probe-scsi in obp i have this output : ERROR: /pci@1c,600000: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss am upgarading obp firmware but the problem is always here the os solaris 10) is installed correctely and i can use it , when i type #format i can see... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
2 Replies

7. High Performance Computing

What does the 'probe' do in VCS?

Weird question I know, but I'm intrigued. Say for instance you have an Application in an SG with the usual start/stop/monitor. To successfully probe does it just check for existence of the script/file ? Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsupplies
1 Replies

8. Programming

Explain output

#include<signal.h> #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> sigcatcher() { printf("pid=%d",getpid()); signal(SIGINT,sigcatcher); //line1 } main() { int ppid; signal(SIGINT,sigcatcher); if(fork()==0) { sleep(5); ppid=getppid(); while(1)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gol007
4 Replies

9. Solaris

probe-scsi-all hangs - not returning anything

HI I have a V240 server and the probe-scsi-all on the Ok prompt is taking forever. I have tried powercycling the server multiple times. also tried set-defaults and reset-all.. COuld anyone tell the solution to this.. I have run out of options now. Following is the only thing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netstat -an output, pls. explain..

Hi, I have old SCO O/S. System keeps crashing. I made lot of changes to kernel but so for nothing helped. I wrote a script which takes netstat -an output every one minute. I saw some thing right before the system crashed. Not sure if this means anything.. uname -a SCO_SV djx2 3.2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies
TAPSET::PERF(3stap)													       TAPSET::PERF(3stap)

NAME
tapset::perf - systemtap perf probe points DESCRIPTION
This family of probe points is used to probe "perf events" on suitably configured kernels (2.6.33+). It contains a number of aliases for the ABI-specified event type/config tuples. The default sampling interval of the translator(1000000) is not overridden, so some of these probe points may fire very infrequently. Use the lower level perf.type(AA).config(BB).sample(CC) probe point if this is a problem. perf.hw.* A variety of hardware events, as generalized by the kernel. These generally require running on bare hardware with selected proces- sors. probe perf.hw.cpu_cycles probe perf.hw.instructions probe perf.hw.cache_references probe perf.hw.cache_misses probe perf.hw.branch_instructions probe perf.hw.branch_misses probe perf.hw.bus_cycles perf.sw.* Special "software" events provided by the kernel. These sometimes work in virtualized environments and with more processor archi- tectures. probe perf.sw.cpu_clock probe perf.sw.task_clock probe perf.sw.page_faults probe perf.sw.context_switches probe perf.sw.cpu_migrations probe perf.sw.page_faults_min probe perf.sw.page_faults_maj probe perf.sw.alignment_faults probe perf.sw.emulation_faults perf.hw_cache.TYPE.ACCESS.RESULT Hardware cache events, where available. A subset of the following cartesian product may be available: probe perf.hw_cache.l1d.*.* probe perf.hw_cache.l1i.*.* probe perf.hw_cache.ll.*.* probe perf.hw_cache.dtlb.*.* probe perf.hw_cache.itlb.*.* probe perf.hw_cache.bpu.*.* probe perf.hw_cache.*.read.* probe perf.hw_cache.*.write.* probe perf.hw_cache.*.prefetch.* probe perf.hw_cache.*.*.access probe perf.hw_cache.*.*.miss SEE ALSO
stap(1), stapprobes(3stap) IBM
TAPSET::PERF(3stap)