Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK - Issues with script running at start of month. Post 302604729 by jimbojames on Monday 5th of March 2012 09:21:30 PM
Old 03-05-2012
Thankk you chihung, that was what I was after!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem in running an AWK script

Hi Everyone, I am required to write an AWK script that can be run from any directory. This script finds subscription rates for each subscriber at an interval of 10 mins. I want that just by copy pasting the whole script in shell prompt and giving the input arguments, script must work. Currenty... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rachana8p
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to start application and keep script running

What I'm looking for is best explained with a little example. #!/bin/bash gedit echo "I need this message to appear while gedit is still running, but it appears only then when I close gedit." Of course most of the times you want the script to wait, but in this case I want to start a new... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrZehl
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Autosys Job Running every 5th Day of Month

Hi, Is there a way to schedule a job in Autosys to run every 5th Day of Month without using custom calendar? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vbhatnag
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to counting a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month etc

Hello All, I am trying to come up with a shell script to count a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month and the month before. I need to produce this report and email it to customer. Any ideas would be appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnara2
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in running script on last day of month

Hello Experts/Guru, I need a help in running the script on every month last day.... PS: due to some constrain I can't schedule in crontab Requirement: On Jan 31st i want to run some script, similarly on Feb 28th, March 31st, April 30th......till Dec 31st. Please help me by providing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks_1902
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Script via Crontab on 2nd Working day each month

Hello Guys, I have a questions regarding running a shell script every second working day each month. I have no clue how solve this problem :wall:. Important is that it has to be the second working (Mo-Fr). Example: If 1st and 2nd Days of month are Sat and Sun the script must run on 4th day... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hollo
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

swap issues, system is running at 99%

Hi All, I am trying to understand why my system is running at very high. This system is almost out of memory. See below. swapon -s Filename Type Size Used Priority /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol02 partition 8388600 8235088 -1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk: issues for writing a script

%%%%% (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues running an awk script

Hi, I have an awk script(test.awk) as below which I am trying to execute through the following command and I am getting error as follows. Request your valid inputs on where I am going wrong. Thanks. :/usr/chandra# awk -f test.awk input.txt syntax error The source line is 1. The error... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
18 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Facing issues while running a cronjob !

Hi, I am trying to run a cronjob. But while doing so I am getting the following error message :- can't open yourfile in /var/spool/cron/crontabs directory. No such file or directory How can I resolve this issue ? Please help. Thanks Please view this code tag video for... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidburn_007
14 Replies