Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK? parsing /etc/passwd file. Post 302604640 by ygemici on Monday 5th of March 2012 01:54:49 PM
Old 03-05-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubico
Can i have more question to this issue please?

i modified your script to this:
/usr/xpg4/bin/awk -F':' '$3>100&&$1!~/nobody/||$3==0{gsub("\\..*|/.*/","",FILENAME);print FILENAME";"$0}' *.pass > userreport.csv

i want to keep accounts with nologin, but i want to skip some exact accounts like "nobody". How can i add more users that i want to discard.
So for example, output will be users with uid>100,uid=0, but except users (nobody,sshd and snmp).

Thank you ver ymuch for another help and have a nice day.
Lukas Smilie
you can try this Smilie
Code:
# /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -F':' '$3>100&&$1!~/nobody|sshd|snmp/||$3==0{gsub("\\..*|/.*/","",FILENAME);print FILENAME";"$0}' *.pass > userreport.csv

regards
ygemici
This User Gave Thanks to ygemici For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing file through awk

hi, how can i achieve this in awk CON Controllers Department R abcuser usernamedesc1 R defuser usernamedesc2 R ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbeugie
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and file parsing

Hi, I have a input file like this TH2TH2867Y NOW33332106Yo You Baby TH2TH3867Y NOW33332106No Way Out TH2TH9867Y NOW33332106Can't find it TJ2TJ2872N WOW33332017sure thing alas TJ2TJ3872N WOW33332017the sky rocks TJ2TJ4872N WOW33332017nothing else matters ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: devtakh
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parsing through a file with awk/sed

I don't necessary have a problem, as I have a solution. It is just that there may be a better solution. GOAL: Part one: Parse data from a file using the "\" as a delimiter and extracting only the last delimiter. Part two: Parse same file and extract everything but the last delimited item. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: OrangeYaGlad
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a file with AWK

Input Group: Erecords: Copy: ADC R2: Replication volumes: Replication set: RSet 1 Replication size: 50.00GB SAN Info: 50.00GB DGC VRAID CX4-960 LUN 1040 (1040) 60,06,01,60,32,bb,21,00,84,a0,08,b1,da,ec,df,11... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parsing of ICS file

Hi, I am searching for a fast awk hack to eliminate from an ICS file events which have been modified at a certain time. The structure for parsing is the following: BEGIN:VEVENT .... LAST-MODIFIED:...some date... ... END:VEVENT If the date matches for example LAST-MODIFIED:20110823 the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmtung
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

parsing /etc/passwd

i am parsing te /etc/passwd file and extracting the login and names alone. But for some entries only login exist but no name. so i dont want to display those: how i can check non emptiness for login and name in single if statement: #!/usr/bin/bash while IFS=: read login a b c name e do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in file parsing with awk

Hi, I have a data set as shown below: 09e757fd,22727,2012-03-01,text1,text2,to 3fd0cae7,310,2012-03-01,text3,text4,to 3fd0cae7,310,2012-03-01,text3,text5,to 3fd0cae7,311,2012-03-01,text7,text10,cc 3fd0cae7,311,2012-03-01,text7,text11,to 3fd0cae7,312,2012-03-01,text8,text15,to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - printing the passwd file

I've got a number of RHEL systems and I'm trying to use awk to read and format the output of /etc/passwd. But I'd like to display the host name of the system at the beginning of each line of output. I've got it working without the adding the host name in this script: #!/bin/bash ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parsing file

Looking to parse a file to remove the duplicates and get only few fields and uniq rows. input.tx Loc (TC) ID : ssfad_fs Serial : PIC002340098 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a file name with awk

I have a command to print out the top 5 most cpu intensive commands: ps aux --sort=-%cpu --no-headers I would like to make a printout containing only the parsed file name. So, I want to turn this: $ ps aux --sort=-%cpu --no-headers user 24883 4.3 1.7 2010436 131440 ? Sl ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bedtime
2 Replies
convuser(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       convuser(8)

NAME
convuser - convert user profile information between BASE and ENHANCED formats SYNOPSIS
/usr/tcb/bin/convuser -a [-c] [-i] [-n] [-u] [-R] [-U uid] [-M] [-T template] [-[qv]] [users] /usr/tcb/bin/convuser -b [-T template] [-[qv]] [users] /usr/tcb/bin/convuser -d [-n] [-M] [-[qv]] [users] /usr/tcb/bin/convuser -H FLAGS
-a Converts from BASE to ENHANCED authentication format. This option is incompatible with the -b and -d options. If none of -a, -b, or -d have been supplied, then -a is implied by any of -c, -i, -n, -u, -R, or -U. -b Converts from ENHANCED to BASE authentication format. This option is incompatible with the -a and -d options. The conversion in this case is bring any compatible passwords from the extended profile back to the BASE profile. -c Causes the conversion for -a to create new extended profiles only. If the -c option is given, existing extended profiles will remain unchanged. -d Removes any extended profiles which do not still have corresponding BASE profiles. -i Cause the conversion for -a to invalidate the encrypted password field in the BASE profile if the change to the ENHANCED profile is successful. -n Cause the -a and -d conversions to include NIS passwd.byname map entries in the list of BASE profiles for consideration. -q Cause non-error output to be suppressed. -u Cause the -a conversion to leave the migrated passwords still usable. The default is to pre-expire them. -v Cause more verbose reports of progress to be given. -M Work on NIS master map files rather than the local profiles. This option works on NIS master hosts only. -R Cause newly-created extended profiles to be written only to the /tcb/files directory tree (v4 only). -T template Causes the creation of new extended profiles to use user template as the template for the account default values. Causes the con- version for -b to consider only accounts with template as the associated account template. -U uid Causes newly-crated extended profiles with UID values less than uid to be written to the /tcb/files directory tree (v4 only). -H Cause an extended usage message to be given and no other processing to be performed. DESCRIPTION
The convuser utility is used to provide migration between BASE and ENHANCED security levels, as well as to provide support for the use of existing account-creation scripts. The most common uses are to clean up dangling extended profiles (those without corresponding BASE pro- files) after the removal of the base profiles, and to create new extended profiles to correspond to newly added base profiles. EXAMPLES
To remove dangling profiles: # convuser -d # convuser -Md To finish the addition of new accounts on a system using NIS to supply the extended profile information: # convuser -iu # convuser -Miu To finish the addition of new accounts on a system using NIS to supply the extended profile information: # convuser -iun RELATED INFORMATION
Files: prpasswd(4), authcap(4) Security delim off convuser(8)