Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers list of important config files in solaris 10 Post 302604632 by lramsb4u on Monday 5th of March 2012 01:06:16 PM
Old 03-05-2012
list of important config files in solaris 10

Hi all,

I am going to reitre one solaris 10 server soon.
What are the important config files to backup in case if i want to check how this system was setup (need list in general) ?
Thanks! in advance

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I automatically find important files???

how can I automatically check if important files exist in a directory and if not, automatically put the important files where they are needed say, I want to put .bashrc and a dozen other important files like it into every user's directory, how can I do this??? how do I check every user's... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Important question about Solaris Installation.

Hello There , When i try to install Solaris 8 on my machine, at the Select Disk option, it present 4 pull down menu, each menu has four options, like Other, PRI DOS, Solaris, X86Boot. What is PRI DOS, X86Boot options ? Are these 4 menu are 4 diffirent partitions we can make in a hard disk ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

important. select 10 files each time.

Suppose I have a unix file which contain a lost of 60 files like filename1 filename2 ... .. ... filename60 I want to write a unix script that will pick up first 10 files in first run 10-20 files in 2 run 20-30 files in 3 run 30-40 files in 4 run 40-50 files in 5 run 50-60 files in 6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_zeeshan05
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Important finding --- find files greater than 1 MB

as we can find file greater than 1 MB with find command as: find /dir -name '*' -size +1M find /dir/* -name '*' -size +1M but wats its doing is , its finding files only in current directory not in sub-directories. i want files from sub-directories too. Please help... Thanx in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj_dahiya22
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris config files syntax

I have recently been told that on a Solaris 10 system # means default settings, and that ## indicates a comment. Therefore, the following setting in the etc/default/login file #RETRIES=5 indicates that the number of failed login attempts allowed is 5. Is this true or false? Should... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclarkaz
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files which access before 2 hours in solaris

Hi Friends, I want to the list the files in the folder which was access before 2 hours in Solaris. Thanks in advance...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
3 Replies

9. Solaris

How do I list all the files in Solaris which are ^M chars in it?

How do I list all the files in Solaris which are ^M chars in it? Tried the below, which didnt help find . -type f -name "*" -exec file "{}" \; | grep -c CRLF find . | xargs grep -l "\^M" Thank you, Sunil Kumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msgforsunil
3 Replies