Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: routing multiple IPs
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers routing multiple IPs Post 302604558 by spynappels on Monday 5th of March 2012 10:40:09 AM
Old 03-05-2012
Not sure how this works in SUSE, but could you add the commands in a post-up statement in the interface conf file?
This User Gave Thanks to spynappels For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

system Fake IPs

hi all ; I am using solaris 8 over SPARC . i was given the role to administer a webmail server running Iplanet 4.2 i was told also that this server is running a website . this server has 2 fake IPs . My question is how i can know these fake IPs and how they are mapped . cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

routing issues with multiple NIC cards

I am running HP_UX 11.23 with 4 NIC cards (this is our TSM server) I have 4 subnets we are backing across. trying to keep traffic on their subnets. I only have one route statment should I add more. route add net 123.99.8.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 123.99.8.254 route add net 123.99.67.0 netmask... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: myork
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To add more than 500 ips

Hi, I have a server, which has more than of 1000 ip address, but only 500 ip address are responding in the Server. Here below the error message received while restarting the named Sep 22 00:25:00 ns2 named: creating IPv4 interface eth0:595 failed; interface ignored Sep 22 00:25:00 ns2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to assign multiple IPs to Aggregated interface in Solaris 10?

I have 2 physical interfaces (bnx0 and bnx1) aggregated into aggr1. I need to assign second IP, and normally I know how to do it to physical interface (i.e. bnx0:1) however same trick (aggr1:1) is not working. Is there any way to do it? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bratan
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Routing trouble between multiple networks

Hi everyone, Hopefully there is someone here that can help me with the problem I got. At my office I have 1 ubuntu firewall/gateway and several networks. On the firewall/gateway I have three network cards, one for internet, one for network 192.168.100.0 and one for network 172.20.1.0 We... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thbor83
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : ping for multiple IPs not working

I have written perl ping program to ping list of IPs one by one and print the status.But each and every time it is showing the status as Pass for all IPs even though the IP is wrong. multipleip.pl use Net::Ping; $p = Net::Ping->new(); $ifile="inventory.txt"; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

iptables / ip route packet routing with multiple gateways

Hi all. Linux noob here. I was hoping someone could help me with configuring some routing rules on my router, an Asus AC68. The router is connected to two gateways, wan0_gateway and wan1_gateway. I have rules set up in the router gui that will push all traffic from every IP other than my own... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bishi
0 Replies

8. AIX

Get List of users+IPs

Hello! We have an AIX box (6.3), we are looking for a way to get list of logged in users and their IP. The issue we have is running who -ub shows hostname and we are wanting to get the ip. Any suggestions of ideas? Thanks in advance for any help! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: entropy1980
4 Replies

9. IP Networking

Server setup for multiple IP routing?

Hey there, I am a network administrator of a student dorm. Me and my team (we do this in our spare time) have the task to upgrade and rebuild our dorm intern network. But unfortunately we don't have that much experience with server setup and ip-routing and stuff. So here is the topic I want to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrgruen
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop to curl multiple ips to ipinfo.io

I am rather new to shell scripting and currently taking a linux course. Im having some troubles writing a loop to curl multiple ips in mutiple access logs to the site ipinfo.io and push the output to a text file for easy viewing and removing duplicates. So far i have these simple lines cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjcraig77
1 Replies
Match-all classifier in tc(8)					       Linux					     Match-all classifier in tc(8)

NAME
matchall - traffic control filter that matches every packet SYNOPSIS
tc filter ... matchall [ skip_sw | skip_hw ] [ action ACTION_SPEC ] [ classid CLASSID ] DESCRIPTION
The matchall filter allows to classify every packet that flows on the port and run a action on it. OPTIONS
action ACTION_SPEC Apply an action from the generic actions framework on matching packets. classid CLASSID Push matching packets into the class identified by CLASSID. skip_sw Do not process filter by software. If hardware has no offload support for this filter, or TC offload is not enabled for the inter- face, operation will fail. skip_hw Do not process filter by hardware. EXAMPLES
To create ingress mirroring from port eth1 to port eth2: tc qdisc add dev eth1 handle ffff: ingress tc filter add dev eth1 parent ffff: matchall skip_sw action mirred egress mirror dev eth2 The first command creats an ingress qdisc with handle ffff: on device eth1 where the second command attaches a matchall filters on it that mirrors the packets to device eth2. To create egress mirroring from port eth1 to port eth2: tc qdisc add dev eth1 handle 1: root prio tc filter add dev eth1 parent 1: matchall skip_sw action mirred egress mirror dev eth2 The first command creats an egress qdisc with handle 1: that replaces the root qdisc on device eth1 where the second command attaches a matchall filters on it that mirrors the packets to device eth2. To sample one of every 100 packets flowing into interface eth0 to psample group 12: tc qdisc add dev eth0 handle ffff: ingress tc filter add dev eth0 parent ffff: matchall action sample rate 100 group 12 SEE ALSO
tc(8), iproute2 21 Oct 2015 Match-all classifier in tc(8)