Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk -v issue in Sun Solaris
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users awk -v issue in Sun Solaris Post 302604481 by jlliagre on Monday 5th of March 2012 07:36:55 AM
Old 03-05-2012
There should be no reason to use the legacy awk binary instead of nawk or /usr/xpg4/bin/awk, however, should you really want to do it, here is the syntax it expects:
Code:
echo "this is saurabh"|awk '{ print a }' a="SAURABH"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Solaris Sun Java Desktop

Ok I a n00b, not gunna hide it so here goes - Sun Solaris, V.10 i386 - during the setup, I can choose a screen resolution that looks great with 65k colors and all. However, when all is said and done 4 disks and a reboot later, I get hanious 640x480 @ 256 only. If I choose the Sun Java Desktop... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spooky
20 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Net-SNMP-5.4.2.1 issue on Sun Solaris

Hi, I am trying to compile the source code for Net-SNMP-5.4.2.1 using the gcc compiler-3.4.6 and 3.4.3 but I am getting the follwoing error with perl enabled: /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -Usolaris2 -Dsolaris2=solaris2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -Wdeclaration-after-statement... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tisha
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

5. Solaris

useful links and help resources for Sun's products and Sun's Solaris

Hi all, Those links might help anyone Knowledge base Video tutorials (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Solaris Coolstack issue

I have coolstack running on my solaris 10 server. Everytime I make a change to a php script I have to restart apache for the changes to take effect? Not sure if the issue is with apache or php or both? Does coolstack enable some type of caching that I am unaware of? I have disabled... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script Error in Sun Solaris

Hi Friends, the below script has been through the errors in sun solaris. awk '/%s/{f=0 ;n++; print >(file="OUT_" n); close("OUT_" n-1)} f{ print > file}; /%s/{f=1}' $BASE_DIR/concat.TXT awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: bailing out near line 1 And ls $MERGE_DIR/*.R | awk ' { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krbala1985
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun-Fire-V490 Printer Issue After Upgrade of Solaris

Hey Guys I am new here, dont know if any one can assist me with this issue. I have a Sun-Fire-V490 machine that was upgraded to version 9 and patched a few months back. Problem is a few network printers managed by the server is printing an extra page that comes out before and after every print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mprogams
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with awk command between Linux and Solaris

Hi, Here is the output using bash profile on Linux uptime 04:59:14 up 16 days, 4:48, 2 users, load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.20 Here is the output using bash profile on Solaris uptime 4:00am up 84 day(s), 22:21, 3 users, load average: 0.09, 0.10, 0.12 Now,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies
scha_resourcetype_get(1HA)				       Sun Cluster Commands					scha_resourcetype_get(1HA)

NAME
scha_resourcetype_get - access resource type information SYNOPSIS
scha_resourcetype_get -O optag -T type DESCRIPTION
The scha_resourcetype_get command accesses information about a resource type that is registered with the Resource Group Manager (RGM). Use this command in shell script implementations of the callback methods for resource types that represent services that are controlled by the RGM. This command provides the same information as the scha_resourcetype_get(3HA) C function. Information is output by this command to the standard output (stdout) in formatted strings, as described in the scha_cmds(1HA) man page. Output is a string or several strings that are output on separate lines. You can store the output in shell variables. You can also parse the output by using the awk(1) command or other shell commands for further use by the script. You need solaris.cluster.resource.read RBAC authorization to use this command. See the rbac(5) man page. Authorized users can issue privileged Sun Cluster commands on the command line from the pfsh(1), pfcsh(1), or pfksh(1) profile shell. A profile shell is a special kind of shell that enables you to access privileged Sun Cluster commands that are assigned to the Sun Cluster Commands rights profile. A profile shell is launched when you run su(1M) to assume a role. You can also use pfexec(1) to issue privileged Sun Cluster commands. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -O optag Indicates the information to be accessed. Note - optag options, such as API_VERSION and BOOT, are not case sensitive. You can use any combination of uppercase and lowercase letters when you specify optag options. The following optag values retrieve the corresponding resource type properties. The value of the named property of the resource's type is output. API_VERSION BOOT FAILOVER FINI INIT INIT_NODES INSTALLED_NODES IS_LOGICAL_HOSTNAME IS_SHARED_ADDRESS MONITOR_CHECK MONITOR_START MONITOR_STOP PKGLIST POSTNET_STOP PRENET_START RESOURCE_LIST RT_BASEDIR RT_DESCRIPTION RT_SYSTEM RT_VERSION SINGLE_INSTANCE START STOP UPDATE VALIDATE -T type Is the name of a resource type that is registered for use by the RGM cluster facility. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The command completed successfully. nonzero An error occurred. Failure error codes are described scha_calls(3HA). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscdev | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
awk(1), scha_cmds(1HA), scha_calls(3HA), scha_resourcetype_get(3HA), attributes(5), rt_properties(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 31 May 2006 scha_resourcetype_get(1HA)