Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Permissions Changed?
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Permissions Changed? Post 302604304 by Neo on Sunday 4th of March 2012 09:11:32 AM
Old 03-04-2012
Yes, thanks for that as well.

We are sometimes overly cautious with homework and spot check the details. Thanks for your patience.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

To give the "unzip" permissions & "create" file permissions

Hi, I am a Unix Admin. I have to give the permissions to a user for creating new file in a directory in HP-Ux 11.11 system since he cannot able to create a new file in the directory. Thanks in advance. Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
3 Replies

2. Solaris

file permissions changed to nobody4

Hi there We have had a weird problem arise recently whereby a file owned by cjo:cjogroup suddenly had it's permissions changed to nobody4:nogroup. The file is mounted off a NetApp Filer volume with the NFS permissions set to Read-Write Access (All Hosts) but no Root Access. When we tried to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skewbie
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timezone not changed.

Hi All, While installing Red Hat Linux, I tried changing the timezone to Japan for testing.But the timezone was not set to Japan. I tried other timezones , but they didn't work as well. I am guessing the problem might be due to some missing rpm.Does anyone has any idea or faced a similar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

variables can not be changed

I was trying to get the free space using df, however, it can not be obtained. Is there anyone could help me. Here is my code: #!/bin/bash #The free space of the tmp file; free_space="0" #Experimental path where the data file is stored into it. #This path should be provided by the first... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenfu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Password not changed!

Hi I am using Fedora 14. I forgot root password of Fedora 14 so I used online help from Fedora website which says by doing rheb silent 1 and then using proper kernel and then using psswd for changing the password I changed it. But after normal booting GUI I am not able to log-on. Can anybody plz... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
5 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Interrupted Cygwin install changed permissions on C drive

I was installing cygwin on my Windows 7 desktop. I guess I picked a bad mirror site because the download speed was very slow and it wasn't able to give me all the packages I wanted. I closed the setup in too much haste. I think it was still downloading and not yet installing though. It said that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ethoma7329
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to echo "File permissions or ownership changed from required " when accidentally changed.

Hi All, I have to work in the late nights some times for server maintenance and in a hurry to complete I am accidentally changing ownership or permission of directories :( which have similar names ( /var in root and var of some other directory ).:confused: Can some one suggest me with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shiek.kaleem
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there a way to check when the permissions for the file got changed in AIX

Is there a way to check when the permissions for the file got changed in AIX IS there some file which logs all these details? Best regards, Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
4 Replies
dspam_merge(1)							       DSPAM							    dspam_merge(1)

NAME
dspam_merge - merge several users' metadata into a composite SYNOPSIS
dspam_merge [--profile=PROFILE] user1 user2 ... userN -o username DESCRIPTION
dspam_merge merges several users' metadata into a single user's dictionary. This tool is designed to create global users and seeded data. The hit sounds for each token and per-user totals are added together to produce a single composite dataset. After creating a composite user, dspam_clean should be run with the -p option to clean up extraneous data. NOTE : Merges may take a considerable amount of time. This could potentially increase the load on the server or even slow down the delivery of email. A merge should only be performed when the system is fairly acquiesce. OPTIONS
--profile=PROFILE Specify a storage profile from dspam.conf. The storage profile selected will be used for all database connectivity. See dspam.conf for more information. user1 user2 ... userN A list of users to merge together. -o username The target user which will be created (if necessary). This user will contain the composite generated by the merge. EXAMPLES
dspam_merge dick jane spot -o ralph Merges the metadata dictionaries of dick, jane, and spot into a single composite under the user ralph EXIT VALUE
0 Operation was successful. other Operation resulted in an error. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2011 DSPAM Project All rights reserved. For more information, see http://dspam.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
dspam(1), dspam_admin(1), dspam_clean(1), dspam_crc(1), dspam_dump(1), dspam_logrotate(1), dspam_stats(1), dspam_train(1) DSPAM
Apr 17, 2010 dspam_merge(1)