Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Should be a simple subdirectory check Post 302604235 by jayan_jay on Sunday 4th of March 2012 12:35:18 AM
Old 03-04-2012
expecting this .. ??!!
Code:
dir_path=/nas/240/234/2311/VMAIL/1
[ -d "$dir_path" ] && echo "Exists" || echo "$dir_path" | awk -F/ '{print $3$4$5}' > outfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

subdirectory password

Hi! I am a user of a workstation. I have got my own previlages on my system. Still I would like to have a security for my data. Can I set password or write a script that the entry to a particular subdirectiry is restricted?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sskb
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple check to see if a folder exists

Hi, I have cobbled together a simple script to create a Windows folder in a bunch of home folders on a mac server using the following code. for i in /Volumes/student_data/studenthomefolders/* do u=`echo $i | cut -d/ -f5` //if //then //echo "Folder already exists for "$u" Skipping" //else... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psyman
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any simple method to check date format (YYDDD)?

Hi Guru's, Are there any simple method to check the date format which is in "YYDDD" (ex: 08002 for 02-Jan-2008)? Eventhough this can be implemented in several way's, I need the simpler one. Any idea would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Mysore Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick one file from each subdirectory

Hi, I have a problem I am trying to solve with bash. I need to search in a file system (data base) with hundreds of directories and thousands of subdirectories and millions of files. The files have a specific format with a header that gives the properties. Directories are organized so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majest
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script to Check running Process

#!/bin/sh CHECK='ps aux | grep start.jar | grep -v grep | wc -l' if then /usr/local/jre-1.7.0/bin/java - jar start.jar & else fi Could anybody advise whats up with this code im trying to put this in as a cron job to check that solr search engine is running every 10secs and if... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: will_123
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

making subdirectory within makefile

hi, I am trying to create subdirectories under my ../objs directory within a make file. my ../src directory has the following subdirectories: source-a source.1.1 so, I want to label the subdirectories under my ../objs directory with the same names as those in the ../src directory, so that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacpp
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple while loop script to check a connection

Hi, I am completely new to shell scripting. Basically I am wanting to create a simple while loop script to check if a network connection is available from 'netstat -a' and if its present then output a character to the serial port. I think i am nearly there.. but need some assistance.. this is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zippyzip
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple check login script

Hello, I just started with shell and i am doin simple script to check if certain user is logged in. Script takes 3 args. name sleep time and quit value if there is q for quit then date and user name is printed to file, not to screen. so far i have got this... login() { while :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shelllo
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Drilling down to the last subdirectory

Within a BASH environment, I need to search through a filesystem looking for the last subdirectory. Once the last subdirectory of the filesystem is found, I need to create another directory within it: Basic example: /u01/data1/project_1/proj_data1/score... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: leepet
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to move to the last subdirectory one by one?

Hi, How can i traverse to the last subfolder in all the directories. eg: i have the below folders structure f1/sf1/r1 f2/sf2/r2 f3/sf3/r3/r4 i need to move to the last directory in each directory. Can anyone tell me a solution for this? I saw an example that does that. find . -type... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
2 Replies
OPARCHIVE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      OPARCHIVE(1)

NAME
oparchive - produce archive of oprofile data for offline analysis SYNOPSIS
oparchive [ options ] [profile specification] -o [directory] DESCRIPTION
oparchive generates a directory populated with executable, debug, and oprofile sample files. This directory can be move to another machine via tar and analyzed without further use of the data collection machine. See oprofile(1) for how to write profile specifications. OPTIONS
--help / -? / --usage Show help message. --version / -v Show version. --verbose / -V [options] Give verbose debugging output. --session-dir=dir_path Use sample database out of directory dir_path instead of the default location (/var/lib/oprofile). --image-path / -p [paths] Comma-separated list of additional paths to search for binaries. This is needed to find modules in kernels 2.6 and upwards. --root / -R [path] A path to a filesystem to search for additional binaries. --output-directory / -o [directory] Output to the given directory. There is no default. This must be specified. --exclude-dependent / -x Do not include application-specific images for libraries, kernel modules and the kernel. This option only makes sense if the profile session used --separate. --list-files / -l Only list the files that would be archived, don't copy them. ENVIRONMENT
No special environment variables are recognised by oparchive. FILES
/var/lib/oprofile/samples/ The location of the generated sample files. VERSION
This man page is current for oprofile-0.9.6. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/oprofile/, oprofile(1) 4th Berkeley Distribution Tue 06 July 2010 OPARCHIVE(1)