Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reducing threads on T5140
Operating Systems Solaris Reducing threads on T5140 Post 302604132 by VENKITACHALAMS8 on Saturday 3rd of March 2012 08:27:13 AM
Old 03-03-2012
Thank you !!! I will go through the link. Will creating processor set and binding processes to it help in any extent?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

reducing /usr HP-UX 11i

Hi, I've entered the HP-UX 11i server in single user mode, and increased the filesystem /usr by mistake using lvextend -l 3092 /dev/vg00/lvol7 extendfs /dev/vg00/rlvol7 I put small letter "l" instead of "L". and as a result of this mistake the /usr take all the free space in the volume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elshamy_s
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to get to a OK prompt on new SUN T5140

Hi, I have a brand new SUN T5140 machine. I am trying to install Solaris 10 on the box. When I go to the machine using a KVM session I can see a blank screen , how can I get to the OK prompt to start the installation. Thanks, Suresh (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
10 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem using default account with ILOM on Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140

Hi, I have Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 and I can't access it via serial port using preconfigured administrator account, as described in Sun Integrated Lights Out Manager 2.0 User's Guide: I'm always receive "Login incorrect" message. I'm really confused! Does anyone experience such circumstances?... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Serial port on the T5140

What is the serial port on the T5140 used for. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgsanders
4 Replies

5. Solaris

T5140 and zones

Hi, I need configure this server for two zones (oracle and glassfish). Server has 2CPU 8cores = 128vcpu and 16 GB RAM. I am interested in mainly the division of the processor and memory. What was the configuration that best for Oracle zones? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bieszczaders
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Bind hang up when process is reaching to 500 Mb, Solaris 10u8, Sun T5140

Hi all, I use latest bind 9.6.1, brand-new T5140 Sun Server, 10u8 Solaris OS, Mar-2010 OS patch to configure a caching dns server. But bind always hang up when process/cache is reaching to 500 Mb ( Though 'prstat -a' check ) Can anyone help me a solution for this problem, i will greatly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Suggestions for new T5140

I've been busy and fell behind on Sun/Oracle. Forgive me if too basic. I welcome brief, cryptic, or advanced replies. I also welcome noobie information since I may have no clue what's up at the moment. Problem statement: I inherited a computer to set up. I would rather not figure out 8 months... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nevyn
1 Replies

8. Solaris

This must be the dumbest question ever posted -T5140 power button

I have a T5140 and cannot find the power switch -is there an on/off button? Good grief ! Thank you in advance. joe (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
3 Replies

9. AIX

Reducing / on rootvg

The root filesystem was mirrored, someone/something stopped mirroring, and increased / and /home to ridiculous values (/ got increased to 102gb and its only using 4.3gb, so 98gb is free). Can I reduce the / (/dev/hd4) filesytem down WITHOUT corrupting the the OS? I would do a: chfs -a size=10g... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
6 Replies
vxiod(1M)																 vxiod(1M)

NAME
vxiod - start, stop, and report on Veritas Volume Manager I/O threads SYNOPSIS
vxiod vxiod [-f ] [set count] DESCRIPTION
The vxiod utility starts, stops, or reports on Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) I/O kernel threads. An I/O thread provides a process context for performing I/O in VxVM. When the vxio module is loaded, 16 I/O threads are created, plus 2 threads per additional CPU for a system with more than 8 CPUs, up to a maximum of 64 threads. At least one I/O thread must be running while the vxio module is loaded, and the number of I/O threads cannot be forced to zero. When invoked with no arguments, vxiod prints the current number of I/O threads to the standard output. The number of threads that is required for handling I/O requests depends on the system load and usage. If volume recovery seems to proceed more slowly at times, it may be possible to improve its performance by increasing the number of I/O threads up to a maximum of 64. KEYWORDS
set When invoked with the set keyword, vxiod creates the number of I/O threads specified by count. If more volume I/O threads exist than are specified by count, the excess processes terminate. If more than the maximum number(64) are specified, the requested number is silently truncated to that maximum. OPTIONS
-f This option has no effect from release 5.0 onward. The number of I/O threads cannot be reduced to zero. EXIT CODES
The vxiod utility prints a diagnostic on the standard error, and exits if an error is encountered. If an I/O request occurs within a I/O thread, the state of that I/O request is not reflected in the exit status for vxiod. Otherwise, vxiod returns a non-zero exit status on error. Usage errors result in an exit status of 1 and a usage message. If the requested number of threads cannot be created, the exit status is 2, and the number of threads that were successfully started is reported. If any other error occurs, the exit status is 3. FILES
/dev/vx/iod The device used to report on and start volume I/O threads. NOTES
Veritas Volume Manager I/O threads cannot be killed directly through the use of signals. Depending on the operating system, VxVM I/O threads may not appear in the list of processes that is output by the ps command. The number of I/O threads that is currently running can be determined by running vxiod. SEE ALSO
fork(2), ps(1), vxconfigd(1M), vxdctl(1M), vxintro(1M), vxio(7), vxiod(7) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxiod(1M)