Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: .config for a minimal kernel
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users .config for a minimal kernel Post 302604097 by dr_mabuse on Saturday 3rd of March 2012 03:43:27 AM
Old 03-03-2012
.config for a minimal kernel

I need to install minimal kernel. the machine cpu is intel, it should support usb and wireless. and.. nothing else. The system is set up to run qt programs.
Can anyone having the same experience send me the .config file please.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Network minimal configuration and startup

Hi, I have a LPAR running AIX 5.3 with multiple Etherchannels running (e.g. ent10-ent14 etc). The person who configured up the interfaces set more that one interface through minimal config and startup under smitty->tcpip When I try and clear out the IP address for one of the additional... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: backslash
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Newbie - I just want a minimal install

I'm coming from BSD/Linux where I went from having to install gnome to now running *nix boxes with just the CLI. I love it but now I want to try my hand at solaris. I'm installing solaris 10 in a VM but I am kinda shocked at the install size. I would do the "core" option but I dont know if I'll... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdotsen
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Minimal Solaris machine

I have installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine and created a raidz2 zpool. Now I want to backup the pool using snapshots. 1. I am thinking about sending the snapshots using SSH to another mini solaris machine and am wondering which one to buy. The purpose of the target machine would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RychnD
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing result file based on a minimal value

After the great awk solution to my last problem (that saved me days of work) I thought I would try again. I now have a result file that consists of two identifier columns and then columns of data for each sample, with tabs as delimiters (note the sample number can vary depending on the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fozrun
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: How to improve with minimal validation of its input??

The Code: #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; print "Please enter numbers, separated by commas: "; my $data=<STDIN>; chomp $data; my @dataset=split(/,/, $data); my $sum = 0; foreach my $num (@dataset) { $sum += $num; } my $total_nums = scalar(@dataset); my $mean =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
1 Replies

6. Linux

Linux Kernel Config Scopes within VM or Hypervisor

In production we're going to deploy a redis server and need to set the overcommit_memory and disable Transparent Huge Pages in Kernel. The issue is currently we only have one giant server, and it is to be shared by many other apps. We only want those kernel configs in the redis server. I wonder... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: freedombird9
0 Replies
sizer(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  sizer(8)

Name
       sizer - a program that sizes system hardware

Syntax
       /etc/sizer [ options ]

Description
       The program reports various items of information about a kernel file and the running system.  It is also used to create a system configura-
       tion file in the doconfig command.

Options
       -b   Create a boot command file for the current system disk.  The program creates the appropriate and command files in These files can then
	    be used to update the systems console media.  This only applies for VAX 8600, VAX 780, VAX 6200, and VAX 3400 cpus.  This also applies
	    for the VAX 750 and VAX 8200 only if the system disk is connected to an HSC.

-c   Return the CPU type of the running cpu.

-t timezone
	    Use timezone in the config file.

-wt  Returns the workstation display type.

-wu  Returns the workstation display units.

-k image
	    Use the indicated kernel file instead of This is useful when the running system is not or you wish information about a system that	is
	    not running.

-n filename
	    Creates  a	configuration  file.   The system must be running the kernel unless the option is used. The option creates a configuration
	    file in and also a file required for called

NOTE: The user should run to build a new kernel.

-r   Return only the name of the root device and partition.

-s   Return only the CPU subtype of the running cpu.  This only applies to VAX cpus. It returns following values for the following cpus:

Returned
	       Value	 CPU

11	 VAX8800
	       10	 VAX8700
		9	 VAX8550
		8	 VAX8500
		6	 VAX8300
		5	 VAX8200
		4	 VAXstation/MVAX 2000/3100
		3	 VAX60
		1	 MVAXII, VAX3x00, VAX62xx

The value 0 is returned for all other cpu types.

Files
See Also
       config(8), doconfig(8)
       ULTRIX Advanced Installation Guide

sizer(8)