Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK separating a file into an array Post 302604014 by tgidzak on Friday 2nd of March 2012 02:35:09 PM
Old 03-02-2012
It is not homework. I didn't want to give the actual information in my message for security reasons. I am just new at my job and scripting is something that is coming very difficultly for me. I assume the red lines are characters that you just did not post. Is this for testing purposes?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separating values from a file and putting to a variable

I am writing into a file testfile.txt values like ./XXXXXXCZ1/tprcm10c.bin ./XXXXXXCZ1_HOT/tprcm09c.bin ./XXXXXXCZ_cold/tprcm05c.bin I want to store the values of tprcm*.bin and XXXXXXCZ* in separate variables Can anybody Pls hlp me out with this ... Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

saving values in file in an array in awk

hi i am trying to save values in a file in an array in awk..the file is as follows: 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0, so far i have this: awk 'BEGIN {RS="\n";FS=","} { for(i=1;i<=NR;i++) { for(j=1;j<=NF;j++) { a=$j; } } (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put lines of a file in an array with awk

Hello, Is there any way in awk to put every line of a file in an array and so we can like this print the line we want. For example, if we have this file aaa eee bbb fff ccc ggg ddd hhh So we can print to the output the 3rd line only ccc ggg If it is possible, please put the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rany1
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separating delimited file by pattern with exclusion list

I have a file with the contents below jan_t=jan;feb_t=feb;mar_t=mar;year=2010 jan_t=null;feb_t=feb;mar_t=mar;year=2010 jan_t=jan;feb_t=feb;mar_t=mar;year=2010 I want to extract out all the fields values ending with "_t" , however, i want to exclude feb_t and mar_t from the results In... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alienated
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help separating a file

Hi all, I have a single text file, Contig3.fasta, that looks like this: >NAME1 ACCTGGTA >NAME2 GGTTGGACA >NAME3 ATTTTGGGCCAnd It has about 100 items like this in it. What I would like to do is copy each item into 100 different text files, and have them named a certain way Output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: repiv
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help separating file lines into three classes

Hi folks, What I have are config files with lines that: are blank, start with a "!" or start with char's(or a blank space and then char's) I am using ksh I can display each line by doing: for INDEX in {0..$LENGTH} do echo "${data}" done What I need to do requires I can... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marc G
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print array into a single file - AWK

Hi all, I been looking for a solution to the fact that when I use: for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) print $ifields that are originally in a single line are printed in a single line I have severals files for which the first 7 are the same, but the number of variables after that can vary, for example NF... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaulaL
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in separating a multilingual file

Hello, I have a text file running into around 100 thousand+ lines which has the following rigid structure: Each field is separated by a comma. Some examples are given below: 23,Chinttaman Pagare,चिंतमण पगारे 24, Chinttaman Pateel,चिंतामण पाटल 25, Chinttaman Rout,चिंतामण राऊत 26,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not getting array in .awk file and print it

I have test.sh file as below : set -A IDARR $ID echo | awk -f test.awk -v TempArr="${IDARR }" I have test.awk file as below : BEGIN { Flag = 1; } { print "Hello"; for(i in TempArr) { print i; } } (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nes
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append awk results into file or array

for a in {1..100} do awk '{ sum+=$a} END {print sum}' a=$a file1 > file2 done I know I will get only one number if following the code above, how can I get 100 sum numbers in file2? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanliushao
2 Replies
Graph(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Graph(3pm)

NAME
SVG::Graph - Visualize your data in Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format. SYNOPSIS
use SVG::Graph; use SVG::Graph::Data; use SVG::Graph::Data::Datum; #create a new SVG document to plot in... my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600,height=>600,margin=>30); #and create a frame to hold the data/glyphs my $frame = $graph->add_frame; #let's plot y = x^2 my @data = map {SVG::Graph::Data::Datum->new(x=>$_,y=>$_^2)} (1,2,3,4,5); my $data = SVG::Graph::Data->new(data => @data); #put the xy data into the frame $frame->add_data($data); #add some glyphs to apply to the data in the frame $frame->add_glyph('axis', #add an axis glyph 'x_absolute_ticks' => 1, #with ticks every one #unit on the x axis 'y_absolute_ticks' => 1, #and ticks every one #unit on the y axis 'stroke' => 'black', #draw the axis black 'stroke-width' => 2, #and 2px thick ); $frame->add_glyph('scatter', #add a scatterplot glyph 'stroke' => 'red', #the dots will be outlined #in red, 'fill' => 'red', #filled red, 'fill-opacity' => 0.5, #and 50% opaque ); #print the graphic print $graph->draw; DESCRIPTION
SVG::Graph is a suite of perl modules for plotting data. SVG::Graph currently supports plots of one-, two- and three-dimensional data, as well as N-ary rooted trees. Data may be represented as: Glyph Name Dimensionality supported 1d 2d 3d tree -------------------------------------------------------- Axis x Bar Graph x Bubble Plot x Heatmap Graph x Line Graph x Pie Graph x Scatter Plot x Spline Graph x Tree x SVG::Graph 0.02 is a pre-alpha release. Keep in mind that many of the glyphs are not very robust. PLOTTING
You need to create a SVG::Graph::Frame instance from the parent SVG::Graph instance for each set of data to be plotted. Datasets can be hierarchical, and to represent this, SVG::Graph::Frame instances can themselves contain subframes. SVG::Graph::Frame can contain: - multiple subframes as instances of SVG::Graph::Frame - a single SVG::Graph::Data instance - multiple SVG::Graph::Glyph instances with which to render the attached SVG::Graph::Data instance, and all SVG::Graph::Data instances attached to SVG::Graph::Frame subinstances See SVG::Graph::Frame and SVG::Graph::Glyph for details. ONE DATA SET 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); MULTIPLE DATA SETS 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. repeat [2-5] for each additional data set to be added. add_frame() can be called on SVG::Graph to add top-level data sets, or SVG::Graph::Frame to add hierarchical data sets. 7. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); FEEDBACK
Send an email to the svg-graph-developers list. For more info, visit the project page at http://www.sf.net/projects/svg-graph AUTHORS
Allen Day, <allenday@ucla.edu> Chris To, <crsto@ucla.edu> CONTRIBUTORS
James Chen, <chenj@seas.ucla.edu> Brian O'Connor, <boconnor@ucla.edu> SEE ALSO
SVG METHODS
new Title : new Usage : my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600, height=>600, margin=>20); Function: creates a new SVG::Graph object Returns : a SVG::Graph object Args : width => the width of the SVG height => the height of the SVG margin => margin for the root frame init Title : init Usage : Function: Example : Returns : Args : width Title : width Usage : $obj->width($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of width (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) height Title : height Usage : $obj->height($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of height (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) margin Title : margin Usage : $obj->margin($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of margin (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) svg Title : svg Usage : $obj->svg($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of svg (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) add_frame Title : add_frame Usage : my $frame = $graph->add_frame Function: adds a Frame to the current Graph Returns : a SVG::Graph::Frame object Args : a hash. usable keys: frame_transform (optional) 'top' default orientation 'bottom' rotates graph 180 deg (about the center) 'right' points top position towards right 'left' points top position towards left frames Title : frames Usage : get/set Function: Example : Returns : Args : xoffset Title : xoffset Usage : $obj->xoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of xoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) yoffset Title : yoffset Usage : $obj->yoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of yoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) draw Title : draw Usage : $graph=>draw Function: depends on child glyph implementations Returns : xmlifyied SVG object Args : none perl v5.10.0 2009-01-07 Graph(3pm)