Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script to read log file
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Script to read log file Post 302603928 by Corona688 on Friday 2nd of March 2012 10:18:51 AM
Old 03-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulwintech
Hi Corona688,

Thanks you!!! Please let me know any example to compare and to search in log file.

Regards
Paulwintech
I asked you what your system was.

This was not an off-hand question. Different systems have very different ways of working with dates. Any answer I give you right now has good odds of being useless to you, since it's for the wrong system.

Please answer my questions so I can help you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a specific value from a Log file?

Hi, I have a .log file in which it has many values. But i need some specific values. How it can be done using Shell Script. Please explain in detail. Thankx in advance. Sathish D V. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooolthud
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read multiple log files

Hi all, I have to generate some report from shell script .We have stacktrace log file which generate hourly basis. So now my q is that how this shell script will read all stacktrace log file for particlular day and parse accordingly desire output. Any help or suggestion as i am newbie with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esungoe
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to read a line in gps receiver log file and append that line to new file

Hi, I have gps receiver log..its giving readings .like below Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]'. GPSD,R=1 $GPGSV,3,1,11,08,16,328,40,11,36,127,00,28,33,283,39,20,11,165,00*71... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gudivada213
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Read zipped log file

If we have a big zipped log file, how can we look for a specific string in this zipped log file without unzipping it? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help w/ script to read file and parse log message

Hi, I am working on the script to parsing the specific message like "aaaa" in multiple log files like N1-***,N2-***,N3-***... The script is to find the list of lof files which contains the message "aaaa" and export the list into excel filE. Can anyone give help? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyork2001
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script help to read log file

Hi I have a big log file :08,936 DEBUG HttpConnectionManager.getConnection: config = 11:39:08,936 DEBUG Getting free connection, 11:39:08,989 DEBUG Freeing connection, hostConfig=HostConfiguration 11:39:08,989 DEBUG Notifying no-one, there are no waiting threads 11:39:09,046... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javaholics
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from Log file in Ksh

I have a log file like.. IMPORT from /dataserver/ftp/bits/mdr/mdr_data_discon.dat OF DEL ..... Number of rows read = 1376 Number of rows skipped = 0 Number of rows inserted = 1374 Number of rows updated = 0 Number of rows rejected = 2 Number of rows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramse8pc
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to constantly read the last 500 new logs in a log file

Hello, I would like to write a bash script that would monitor a log file for a certain number of logs, let's say 500 logs and when it reaches that number to write the last log to another file. For example, I want to watch the /var/adm/messages and everytime, there is 500 new logs that are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP: Shell Script to read a Log file line by line and extract Info based on KEYWORDS matching

I have a LOG file which looks like this Import started at: Mon Jul 23 02:13:01 EDT 2012 Initialization completed in 2.146 seconds. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Import summary for Import item: PolicyInformation... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: biztank
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read a log file and run 2nd script if the dates match

# cat /tmp/checkdate.log SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.1.0 Production on Mon Sep 17 22:49:00 2012 Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved. Connected to: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.7.0 - 64bit Production FIRST_TIME NEXT_TIME... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SarwalR
1 Replies
PURITY(6)							   Games Manual 							 PURITY(6)

NAME
purity - a general purpose purity test SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/purity [ flags ] [ testname ] DESCRIPTION
Purity is an interactive purity test program with a simple, user interface and datafile format. For each test, questions are printed to the your terminal, and you are prompted for an answer to the current question. At a prompt, these are your choices: y Answer "yes" to the question. n Answer "no" to the question. b Backup one question, if you answered it incorrectly, or someone is watching you take the test, and you don't (or do) want to admit a different answer. r Redraw the current question. q Quit the test, and print the current score. ? Print a help screen for the current prompt. k Kill a section of the test. This skips all the questions of the test until the next subject heading. a Toggle answer mode between real answers and obfuscated answers. Real answers print "yes" and "no", while obfuscated answers are "Maybe" and "maybe". Obfuscated answers are preferred if you are shy, and don't want people to be able to read your answers over your shoulder as you take the test. d Toggle dERanGe output. s Print your current score on the test you are taking. l Toggle score logging. At the end of the test, your score is printed out. For most purity tests, lower scores denote more "experience" of the test material. FLAGS
These are the command line flags for the test. -a Show real answers (i.e. "yes" and "no") instead of obfuscated ones (i.e. "Maybe" and "maybe") as you answer the questions. -d PrINt THe tESt in DerANgeD pRInT. -f Take the test in fast mode. Only the questions are printed, and not any other text blocks, like the introdution, subject headers, and the conclusion. -l Take the test without having your score logged. -p Print the test without prompting for answers. This is useful for making hard copies of the tests without having to edit out the prompts by hand. -r Decrypt the test using the Rot 13 algorithm. This is done as a form of "protection", such that if you read a rot13 test and it offends you, it's your own fault. -z zoom through more prompts in large text blocks. The default is to prompt the user for more when a screenful of text has been printed without any user input. DATAFILE FORMAT
The format of the datafiles is a very simple format, intended such that new tests can quickly and easily be converted to run with the test. There are four types of text in a purity test datafile. Each type is contained in a bracket type of punctuation. The definitions are as follows: the styles of text blocks are: { plain text block } [ subject header ] ( test question ) and < conclusion > Plain text blocks are printed out character for character. Subject headers are preceded by their subject numbers, starting at 1, and then printed as text blocks. Questions are preceded by their numbers, and then prompt the user to answer the question, keeping track of the user's current score. Conclusions first calculate and print the user's score for the test, then print out the conclusion as a text block. If you wish to include any of the various bracket punctuation in your text, the backslash ("") character will escape the next character. To print a question with parentheses, you would use the following format: (have you ever written a purity test (like this one)?) the output would be this: 1. have you ever written a purity test (like this one)? and then it would have asked the user for her/his answer. For a generic datafile, use the "sample" datafile for the test. FILES
/var/games/purity.scores the score logfile /usr/share/games/purity/* test data files AUTHOR
Eric Lechner, lechner@ucscb.ucsc.edu 18 December 1989 PURITY(6)