Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Creating a loop to go through grep output Post 302603829 by balajesuri on Friday 2nd of March 2012 05:50:07 AM
Old 03-02-2012
For coursework and homework questions, please click here.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating loop for a script -Perl

Hi Guyz I designed a script that can compare 2 columns(values) of single file and gives the closest numbers to the first column by comparing the numbers in first column with second and it works in a single file. Now I'm trying to design a new script with 2 objectives for 2 files (not a single... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a one liner with wget, grep and mv

I have the following simplified script, that consists of a download (wget), a grab of only the lines with a comma (grep) and a rename of the file to indicate its date of origin (mv): wget http://www.example.com/datafile.csv grep ',' datafile.csv mv datafile.csv datafile.`date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting output and creating condition for while loop.

I have 2 questions. 1) Is there a means of directing output to a file (">") while making it still output to the console? I have a script that calls another lengthy script. 2) I can direct the output of the lengthy script and grep it for the words "good" or "bad" to know if I need the run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a loop in csh

I have the following code and want to use a loop to output the results to the fparams file. if ($optparams == 1) then # Set the tdarwin parameters set txt01 = "Call to raytrac.csh" set txt02 = "" set txt03 = "./Scripts/raytrac.csh $*" set txt04 = "" set txt05 =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating shell loop homework help

Hello, i am new to unix and i had done very little assignment in unix. I need help on a homework assignment where i am require to create my own file call myshell. In the file it must have the commands that loop. Instead of displaying a regular command path like my computer name instead it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megaearth77
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating variable by for loop

i have a file 'detail' which contains cat detail 111111 222222 333333 444444 but detail may be 4 line file.6 line file or 8 line file like cat detail 111111 222222 333333 444444 555555 666666 777777 888888 so i want a declare a loop which assign the value of first line in one... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshtomar82
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a loop for multiplying columns

I have 2 files, that look like this: ID SNP1 SNP2 SNP3 SNP4 A1 1 2 0 2 A2 2 0 1 1 A3 0 2 NA 1 A4 1 1 0 2 and this: SNP score SNP1 0.5 SNP2 0.7 SNP3 0.8 SNP4 0.2 Basically, all of the SNP-values are 0,1, 2 or NA, and they each have a score, listed in the second file. The total... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayakj
5 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Having trouble creating an alias for grep

Hi, I'm using Mac 10.9.1. I would like to create an alias for grep so that it won't print out messages like "grep: /Users/davea/workspace/myproject/subdir/: Is a directory" all the time. So in my terminal, I opened ~/.profile and entered alias grep='grep -s' However, when I close and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laredotornado
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating new file inside a for loop

Hi, I have list of files present in a folder. I want to search for a particular keyword sequentially and create a file which will be later used by some other program. Input files: $ ls a.dsx b.dsx c.dsx Dataline_.txt Dataline.txt loop.sh $ cat *.dsx help tyiis global for i in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
4 Replies

10. Programming

Creating for loop for tar -tvf doesnt work

hi all, i have created a for loop, it looks like this - #!/bin/bash cd /mnt/local/data/tars for tar in * do base=$(basename "$tar") "$base" -tvf >> /mnt/local/data/logs/"$base".csv done but i get this error - ./tar_loop.sh: line 8:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertkwild
2 Replies
DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						      DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-preconfigure - let packages ask questions prior to their installation SYNOPSIS
dpkg-preconfigure [options] package.deb dpkg-preconfigure --apt DESCRIPTION
dpkg-preconfigure lets packages ask questions before they are installed. It operates on a set of debian packages, and all packages that use debconf will have their config script run so they can examine the system and ask questions. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. -pvalue, --priority=value Set the lowest priority of questions you are interested in. Any questions with a priority below the selected priority will be ignored and their default answers will be used. --terse Enables terse output mode. This affects only some frontends. --apt Run in apt mode. It will expect to read a set of package filenames from stdin, rather than getting them as parameters. Typically this is used to make apt run dpkg-preconfigure on all packages before they are installed. To do this, add something like this to /etc/apt/apt.conf: // Pre-configure all packages before // they are installed. DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs { "dpkg-preconfigure --apt --priority=low"; }; -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2018-02-28 DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)