Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need an efficient way to search for a tag in an xml file having millions of rows Post 302603737 by Sheel on Thursday 1st of March 2012 11:40:09 PM
Old 03-02-2012
This is what i get from the command you suggested
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>n<Root>n<Person>n<Name>John</Name>n</Person>n<Person>n<Name>John</Name>n</Person>n</Root>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML tag replacement from different XML file

We have 2 XML file 1. ORIGINAL.xml file and 2. ATTRIBUTE.xml files, In the ORIGINAL.xml we need some modification as <resourceCode>431048</resourceCode>under <item type="Manufactured"> tag - we need to grab the 431048 value from tag and pass it to database table in unix shell script to find the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balrajg
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing particular tag value of xml file

Hi All, I have number of xml file like : ______________________________________________________ <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?> <!-- Created by Symology Ltd on 13/02/2012 - USER_BATCH_ID 0011091684 --> <!-- RECIPIENT_URL: HTTP://194.168.0.81:3408 --> <EToNrequest ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve the value from XML tag whose end tag is in next line

Hi All, Find the following code: <Universal>D38x82j1JJ </Universal> I want to retrieve the value of <Universal> tag as below: Please help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Trying to parse a xml file for only one tag

I have a xml file in where I need to parse only a particular tag and print the output in the shell script. Here is the tag info in the xml file <dp:file> This is dp file output </dp:file> Output should be printed as This is dp file output. Please help.Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu123
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search for a particular tag in xml and collate all similar tag values and display them count

I want to basically do the below thing. Suppose there is a tag called object1. I want to display an output for all similar tag values under heading of Object 1 and the count of the xmls. Please help File: <xml><object1>house</object1><object2>child</object2>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Efficient way to search array in text file by awk

I have one array SPLNO with approx 10k numbers.Now i want to search the subscriber number from MDN.TXT file (containing approx 1.5 lac record)from the array.if subscriber number found in array it will perform below operation.my issue is that it's taking more time because for one number it's search... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and replace after xml tag

Hi All, I'm new to sed. In following XML file <interface type='direct'> <mac address='52:54:00:86:ce:f6'/> <source dev='eno1' mode='bridge'/> <model type='virtio'/> <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/> </interface> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrapelly
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving XML tag/contents after specific XML tag within same file

Hi Forum. I have an XML file with the following requirement to move the <AdditionalAccountHolders> tag and its content right after the <accountHolderName> tag within the same file but I'm not sure how to accomplish this through a Unix script. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grepping multiple XML tag results from XML file.

I want to write a one line script that outputs the result of multiple xml tags from a XML file. For example I have a XML file which has below XML tags in the file: <EMAIL>***</EMAIL> <CUSTOMER_ID>****</CUSTOMER_ID> <BRANDID>***</BRANDID> Now I want to grep the values of all these specified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubh752
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)