Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Copy files for particular dates Post 302603706 by teddy2882 on Thursday 1st of March 2012 08:58:44 PM
Old 03-01-2012
Question Copy files for particular dates

Hi,

I need to copy particular date files from one directory to another.

For example,
I have thousands of files in
/home/usr
From this I need to copy only particular date files (each date contains thousand number of files) to some directory of another server.

Could anyone please help me on to just copying this particular date files from one directory to another directory?

Please help me on this guys.

Thanks in advance .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove files by dates

I've tried every way possible to remove files by date and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have an idea how to remove files by dates? Thanks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dman110168
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy only files created between two dates

Hi all, I like to get two date values from command line, and I have to copy all the files created in between that dates in a particular folder to destination folder. The date comparison is little bit consusing me. Please help. Regards Sethu. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_sethu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files and dates

Hello all. I am trying to do a file listing on a particular directory by date. I need to list the files and their directories that have a timestamp between Dec-1-2006 and Jan-1-2007. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastachef
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

files between any two given dates

Can any one help me in getting all the files between any two given dates.. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thanuman
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to generate all the dates in DDMMYY format between 2 dates

Hello friends, I am looking for a script or method that can display all the dates between any 2 given dates. Input: Date 1 290109 Date 2 010209 Output: 300109 310109 Please help me. Thanks. :):confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find all files other than first two files dates & last file date for month

Hi All, I need to find all files other than first two files dates & last file date for month and month/year wise list. lets say there are following files in directory Mar 19 2012 c.txt Mar 19 2012 cc.txt Mar 21 2012 d.txt Mar 22 2012 f.txt Mar 24 2012 h.txt Mar 25 2012 w.txt Feb 12... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files between two dates in UNIX

Hi Team, I need to connect to a prod server and need to get the files which falls between two dates. I should not create ant files on that machine. I am using korn shell. Your help is very much appreciated. Vinay (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting the files between particular dates

Hi Please help me for the below task. In my home directory if I run ls -l command, it lists all the files, here I want to delete files created from January 2014 to Aug 2014...but I need to keep the files which are created after September 01 2014. Thanks Siva (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to Move files of different dates

Hi, Currently I'm moving the files based on date like below. "mv *20150901* backup_folder" - Limitation: can move only 1 day files to backup folder. I want to move the files of different dates like 20150901,02, 03, 04..... Is there any single command to do it. Thanks in advance!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashs1218
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file dates before copy

Sometimes when I boot, my system goes into emergency mode. I then use Clonezilla to restore an image. Usually the image is older than the current date. This is part of a backup script that runs as a startup program. cd /home/andy/bin/ zip -u -q Ubuntu_Scripts.zip *.sh *.rb *.c *.py... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
22 Replies
VFS_SHADOW_COPY2(8)					    System Administration tools 				       VFS_SHADOW_COPY2(8)

NAME
vfs_shadow_copy2 - Expose snapshots to Windows clients as shadow copies. SYNOPSIS
vfs objects = shadow_copy2 DESCRIPTION
This VFS module is part of the samba(7) suite. The vfs_shadow_copy2 VFS module functionality that is similar to Microsoft Shadow Copy services. When setup properly, this module allows Microsoft Shadow Copy clients to browse "shadow copies" on Samba shares. This is a 2nd implementation of a shadow copy module. This version has the following features: 1. You don't need to populate your shares with symlinks to the snapshots. This can be very important when you have thousands of shares, or use [homes]. 2. The inode number of the files is altered so it is different from the original. This allows the 'restore' button to work without a sharing violation. This module is stackable. CONFIGURATION
vfs_shadow_copy2 relies on a filesystem snapshot implementation. Many common filesystems have native support for this. Filesystem snapshots must be mounted on specially named directories in order to be recognized by vfs_shadow_copy2. The snapshot mount points must be immediate children of a the directory being shared. The snapshot naming convention is @GMT-YYYY.MM.DD-hh.mm.ss, where: o YYYY is the 4 digit year o MM is the 2 digit month o DD is the 2 digit day o hh is the 2 digit hour o mm is the 2 digit minute o ss is the 2 digit second. The vfs_shadow_copy2 snapshot naming convention can be produced with the following date(1) command: TZ=GMT date +@GMT-%Y.%m.%d-%H.%M.%S OPTIONS
shadow:snapdir = SNAPDIR Path to the directory where snapshots are kept. shadow:basedir = BASEDIR Path to the base directory that snapshots are from. shadow:fixinodes = yes/no If you enable shadow:fixinodes then this module will modify the apparent inode number of files in the snapshot directories using a hash of the files path. This is needed for snapshot systems where the snapshots have the same device:inode number as the original files (such as happens with GPFS snapshots). If you don't set this option then the 'restore' button in the shadow copy UI will fail with a sharing violation. EXAMPLES
Add shadow copy support to user home directories: [homes] vfs objects = shadow_copy2 shadow:snapdir = /data/snaphots shadow:basedir = /data/home CAVEATS
This is not a backup, archival, or version control solution. With Samba or Windows servers, vfs_shadow_copy2 is designed to be an end-user tool only. It does not replace or enhance your backup and archival solutions and should in no way be considered as such. Additionally, if you need version control, implement a version control system. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3.2.7 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 VFS_SHADOW_COPY2(8)