Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Virtualization: WPAR vs LPAR
Operating Systems AIX Virtualization: WPAR vs LPAR Post 302603692 by gito on Thursday 1st of March 2012 08:10:31 PM
Old 03-01-2012
WPAR is IBM answer to Solaris Zones.
It is allowing you to have more lpras under installed aix 6.1 or 7.1 it is good for training or doing some tests. (hacmp does not work under wpars)

But at this moment it is to fresh technology I would never use it for production. A specially for some demanding SAP system

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Infrastructure Monitoring

snmpget not working on AIX shared wpar

Hi, I have a shared AIX wpar configured. I have started snmpd process on shared AIX wpar. But when i tried to query a MIB id using the following command /opt/OV/bin/snmpget -d -v 1 -c public -p <hostname> .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.7.0 i get the following error message #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: avazeer
0 Replies

2. AIX

LPAR freezes after switching of storage (lpar is mirrored)

Hi all, I have the following configuration 2 ds3524 storage disk systems located over 2 locations 2 P720 server located over 2 locations DS3524 are connected to san switch. Each vio server has 1 fc adapter attached to a san switch. per p720 server 2 virtual io servers. Vio 1 has 1 lun... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markiemark
2 Replies

3. AIX

Unexpected Behaviour with WPAR

Hello, We have a system running AIX 6.1.7.1. We have created a Workload Partition(wpar) on this system with wpar specific routing enabled. On wpar, we are running DNS (UDP/53) and syslog (UDP/514). en0: 1.1.1.1/255.255.255.0 NOT assigned to any wpar en1:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 03sep2011
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

WPAR monitoring shell script suggestions needed

Hi All, This is for WPAR monitoring shell script, earlier opened thread was closed, had to open a new thread, as suggested I have used script as below, But am trying to get the output in below format, need suggestions with it. Below is the lswpar output, required output format. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LPAR,DLPAR and WPAR

Can anyone please let know difference between LPAR/DLPAR/WPAR. and its purpose ??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pavithran
3 Replies

6. AIX

Versioned WPAR's

Hi everybody. is anyone using versioned WPAR's? Has anyone clustered them with PowerHA? Please share your experience. Regards, firefox (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox111
7 Replies

7. AIX

Wpar network,i'm confused

Hi. I've setup a wpar on aix mkwpar -h ibmunix2 -i -r -N interface=en0 address=10.6.0.1 netmask=255.255.255.0 -n ibmunix2 When i log into ibmunix2 it can't ping any external host,include the ibm host. How to set route for network please? I've set ibmunix2 with a different subnet. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
7 Replies

8. AIX

How to differentiate between a standalone LPAR and a VIOC (which again is a lpar)?

There can be configurations in IBM Server wherein a standalone partition is created on some supported IBM Server Or A VIOS - VIOC LPARs created. Now in both cases they are lpars. But if I want to differentiate b/w a standalone LPAR vs an VIOC LPAR how can I do..? On a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish00712
2 Replies

9. AIX

No iscsi available in newly created AIX wpar

AIX 7.1 New to WPAR, hopefully just missing something simple here. Creating the WPAR like this..... (The box where the WPAR is hosted does have an iscsi protocol device) mkwpar -h wpar08 -l -n wpar08 -N interface=en0 address=xxx.xx.xx.xxx netmask=255.255.255.0 -D devname=/dev/iscsi0 -D... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomR
0 Replies

10. AIX

Error doing clogin into a wpar

I have this error when I'm trying to do clogin from AIX 7200-00-00-0000 into a wpar with AIX 5.2 abanksPaDesa2:/> clogin AbanksBDPA_wpar exec: A file or directory in the path name does not exist somebody can help me to fix this? I'm restoring the wpar from wpar mksysb not a mksysb from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandra25350
2 Replies
sylseg-sk-training(1)						   USER COMMANDS					     sylseg-sk-training(1)

NAME
sylseg-sk-training - train the statistic for the syllabic segmentation SYNOPSIS
sylseg-sk-training [--color] [--dl debug level] [--help] [<input file>] DESCRIPTION
The sylabic segmentation is esential for some linguistic or speech recognition applications. Depending on the language either rule based or statistical approach is beying used. For Slovak the statistical approach seems to be more suitable. sylseg-sk-training creates the necessary data for one of the statistical approaches for the syllabic segmentaion. The input data are expected to be word segmented into syllables. The syllabic separator should be "-". If no input file is specified, the standard input is expected. The output is written in to the file. The filename is input filename with the extension ".statistics". If standard input is used, then the output filename is syl_output.statistics. The design of the sylseg-sk-training is language independent. Theoretically it should work for any language. OPTIONS
--color Enable color output. --dl Set the debug level. Control the amount of displayed information The debug level 0 displays nothing. The maximum level 5 displays full debugging report. The default debug level is 1. --help display a short help text EXAMPLES
Use file aaa.txt as training input and set up debug level to 3: sylseg-sk-training --dl 3 aaa.txt EXIT STATUS
sylseg-sk-training returns a zero if the training succeeds AUTHOR
Jozef Ivanecky (dodo (at) kanoistika.sk) SEE ALSO
sylseg-sk(1) version 0.4 September 9, 2006 sylseg-sk-training(1)