Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse and display specific columns Post 302603642 by empyrean on Thursday 1st of March 2012 03:05:01 PM
Old 03-01-2012
perl script worked great.. thankyou
for some reason awk is giving out errors

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to display the output and parse it after execution is finshed.

Hello all, When I run pkgadd -d gcc-2.95.3-sol8-sparc-local I get the following error cpio: Cannot write "reloc/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/2.95.3/cc1", errno 28, No space left on device cpio: Cannot write "reloc/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/2.95.3/cc1chill", errno 28, No space... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to display specific lines of a specific file

are there any basic commands that can display lines 99 - 101 of the /etc/passwd file? I'm thinking use of head and tail, but I forget what numbers to use and where to put /etc/passwd in the command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidkridley
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file to display lines containing a word

Hi! I'm trying to create a shell script to parse a file which might have multiple lines matching a pattern (i.e. containing some word). I need to return all lines matching the pattern, but stripping the contents of that line until the pattern is matched For example, if my input file was ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orno
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I parse file with multiple different columns ?

I have a tool which generates results in a file at every minute and which has following columns. I need to create a script checks this file constantly and if Column ( QOM ) has value more then "30S" it should send an email. Can anybody help ? Thansk a lot. Time MxML MxQD G P OIC OUC MDC... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayeshpatel
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't figure out how to find specific characters in specific columns

I am trying to find a specific set of characters in a long file. I only want to find the characters in column 265 for 4 bytes. Is there a search for that? I tried cut but couldn't get it to work. Ex. I want to find '9999' in column 265 for 4 bytes. If it is in there, I want it to print... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Drenhead
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick UNIX command to display specific lines in the middle of a file from/to specific word

This could be a really dummy question. I have a log text file. What unix command to extract line from specific string to another specific string. Is it something similar to?: more +/"string" file_name Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aku
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing lines with specific strings at specific columns

Hi I have a file which is tab-delimited. Now, I'd like to print the lines which have "chr6" string in both first and second columns. Could anybody help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_bahreini
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request: How to Parse dynamic SQL query to pad extra columns to match the fixed number of columns

Hello All, I have a requirement in which i will be given a sql query as input in a file with dynamic number of columns. For example some times i will get 5 columns, some times 8 columns etc up to 20 columns. So my requirement is to generate a output query which will have 20 columns all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_trl
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse file and display result based on text

I am trying using awk to open an input file and check a column 2/field $2 and if there is a warning then that is displayed (variantchecker): G not found at position 459, found A instead. The attached Sample1.txt is that file. If in that column/field there is a black space, then the text after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML files with spaces in the tag name, parse & display?

Greetings all, I have an XML file that is being generated from my application, here is a sample of the first tag (That I am trying to remove and display in a list..) Example- <tag one= "data" data="1234" updateTime="1300"> <tag one= "data1" data="1234" updateTime="1300"> <tag... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
5 Replies
JZIP(6) 						 John's Z-code Interpreter Program						   JZIP(6)

NAME
jzip - execute Infocom v1-5 and Inform v1-5 & v8 game files SYNOPSIS
jzip [ options ] z-file-name DESCRIPTION
jzip invokes the Z-code Interpreter. REQUIREMENTS
jzip will run under most (if not all) flavors of Unix, including AIX, Solaris, SunOS, HP/UX, Linux, Free/NetBSD, IRIX, NeXT Mach, DEC OSF/1, and others. EDITING
JZip now supports arrowkey editing in UNIX. Up/Down selects the previous / next command in history Left/Right moves the cursor over the line. Backspace deletes Typing inserts under the cursor OPTIONS
-l n lines in display -c n columns in display -r n text right margin (default = 1) -t n text top margin (default = 0) -v display version information -m monochrome mode -y set Tandy bit -s n zmachine strict level, from 0 (none), 1 (report once, recommended) to 3. ENVIRONMENT
jzip looks for the environment variable INFOCOM_PATH and will use the path found there to look for the story file specified on the command line if the story file cannot be found in the current directory. CREDITS
jzip is written and maintained by John Holder (j-holder@home.com), based on the ZIP v2.0 sources by Mark Howell and Olaf 'Olsen' Barthel. AVAILABILITY
The most recent version of jzip can be downloaded from one of: http://www.jzip.sourceforge.net/ ftp://ifarchive.org/infocom/interpreters/zip/ FILES
/usr/games/jzip The Z-Code Interpreter Program /usr/lib/games/zfiles Recommended location for Zcode files RELATED USENET NEWSGROUPS
Interactive Fiction (IF) authors should check out rec.arts.int-fiction, and IF players should check out rec.games.int-fiction. 2.1 JZIP(6)