Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help Explain the output of probe-scsi Post 302603632 by gull04 on Thursday 1st of March 2012 02:24:29 PM
Old 03-01-2012
Hi,

This output means that on the SCSI bus you have two 72Gb Ultra Fast Ultra Wide (320Mb/s) Seagate Cheeta (I think) 10,000 RPM drives.

These will probably be /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0 and /dev/rdsk/c0t0d1, on the internal SCSI bus.

Please advise what type of system this is and I may be able to provide a little more information.

Regards

Dave
This User Gave Thanks to gull04 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

probe software

can anyone point me towards a program to list what's installed on my sunOS box and their version numbers. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sphiengollie
2 Replies

2. Solaris

probe-scsi-all hangs probing D1000

Hi folks, I´m having a problem with a Ultra60 box with diff scsi pci card conected to one D1000. The conection are correct because a checked the D1000 guide. When a do probe-scsi-all in the OBP, the D1000 blink all disks one time then the led of one of the disks powers off and then nothing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacewalker
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Help probe-scsi-all

I have run init 0 to bring it to OK prompt. I know that probe-scsi-all can hang the system. I want to know what is the difference between probe-scsi-all and probe-scsi. I was told that probe-scsi-all external and internal devices and probe-scsi shows only internal devices. what dose this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the output of the command....

Explain the output of the command “sort -rfn file1 | more” (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wickbc
1 Replies

5. Programming

Please Explain me the output

#include<stdio.h> char *def={"pqrs","rstu","tuvw","vwxyz","xyzab"}; char abc={"abc","def","ghi","jkl","mno"}; void main() { char *p=(char *)def; p=p+40; printf("%s\n",p); } the output of the abve code snippet is mno... HOW??? beats me.. please help (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikashtulsiyan
10 Replies

6. Solaris

probe-scsi => error

i have a new netra 240 server when i make probe-scsi in obp i have this output : ERROR: /pci@1c,600000: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss am upgarading obp firmware but the problem is always here the os solaris 10) is installed correctely and i can use it , when i type #format i can see... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
2 Replies

7. High Performance Computing

What does the 'probe' do in VCS?

Weird question I know, but I'm intrigued. Say for instance you have an Application in an SG with the usual start/stop/monitor. To successfully probe does it just check for existence of the script/file ? Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsupplies
1 Replies

8. Programming

Explain output

#include<signal.h> #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> sigcatcher() { printf("pid=%d",getpid()); signal(SIGINT,sigcatcher); //line1 } main() { int ppid; signal(SIGINT,sigcatcher); if(fork()==0) { sleep(5); ppid=getppid(); while(1)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gol007
4 Replies

9. Solaris

probe-scsi-all hangs - not returning anything

HI I have a V240 server and the probe-scsi-all on the Ok prompt is taking forever. I have tried powercycling the server multiple times. also tried set-defaults and reset-all.. COuld anyone tell the solution to this.. I have run out of options now. Following is the only thing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netstat -an output, pls. explain..

Hi, I have old SCO O/S. System keeps crashing. I made lot of changes to kernel but so for nothing helped. I wrote a script which takes netstat -an output every one minute. I saw some thing right before the system crashed. Not sure if this means anything.. uname -a SCO_SV djx2 3.2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies
BT(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     BT(4)

NAME
bt -- Buslogic/Mylex MultiMaster SCSI host adapter driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device isa device scbus device bt In /boot/device.hints: hint.bt.0.at="isa" hint.bt.0.port="0x330" DESCRIPTION
This driver provides access to the SCSI bus connected to a Buslogic/Mylex MultiMaster or compatible controller: MultiMaster "W" Series Host Adapters: Adapter Bus Commands Description BT-948 PCI 192 Ultra SCSI-3 BT-958 PCI 192 Wide ULtra SCSI-3 BT-958D PCI 192 Wide Differential Ultra SCSI-3 MultiMaster "C" Series Host Adapters: Adapter Bus Commands Description BT-946C PCI 100 Fast SCSI-2 BT-956C PCI 100 Wide Fast SCSI-2 BT-956CD PCI 100 Wide Differential Fast SCSI-2 BT-445C VLB 100 Fast SCSI-2 BT-747C EISA 100 Fast SCSI-2 BT-757C EISA 100 Wide Fast SCSI-2 BT-757CD EISA 100 Wide Differential Fast SCSI-2 BT-545C ISA 50 Fast SCSI-2 BT-540CF ISA 50 Fast SCSI-2 MultiMaster "S" Series Host Adapters: Adapter Bus Commands Description BT-445S VLB 30 Fast SCSI-2 BT-747S EISA 30 Fast SCSI-2 BT-747D EISA 30 Differential Fast SCSI-2 BT-757S EISA 30 Wide Fast SCSI-2 BT-757D EISA 30 Wide Differential Fast SCSI-2 BT-545S ISA 30 Fast SCSI-2 BT-542D ISA 30 Differential Fast SCSI-2 BT-742A EISA 30 SCSI-2 (742A revision H) BT-542B ISA 30 SCSI-2 (542B revision H) MultiMaster "A" Series Host Adapters: Adapter Bus Commands Description BT-742A EISA 30 SCSI-2 (742A revisions A - G) BT-542B ISA 30 SCSI-2 (542B revisions A - G) Tagged queueing is supported on 'W' series adapters, 'C' series adapters with firmware of rev 4.42 and higher, and 'S' series adapters with firmware of rev 3.35 and higher. Boards with certain firmware revisions may lock up under heavy load to certain devices, especially if tagged queueing is used. Should you encounter a problem with your adapter, contact Mylex technical support and ensure you have the latest firmware for your controller. HARDWARE
The bt driver supports the following BusLogic MultiMaster ``W'', ``C'', ``S'', and ``A'' series and compatible SCSI host adapters: o BusLogic BT-445C o BusLogic BT-445S o BusLogic BT-540CF o BusLogic BT-542B o BusLogic BT-542B o BusLogic BT-542D o BusLogic BT-545C o BusLogic BT-545S o BusLogic/BusTek BT-640 o BusLogic BT-742A o BusLogic BT-742A o BusLogic BT-747C o BusLogic BT-747D o BusLogic BT-747S o BusLogic BT-757C o BusLogic BT-757CD o BusLogic BT-757D o BusLogic BT-757S o BusLogic BT-946C o BusLogic BT-948 o BusLogic BT-956C o BusLogic BT-956CD o BusLogic BT-958 o BusLogic BT-958D o Storage Dimensions SDC3211B / SDC3211F AMI FastDisk Host Adapters that are true BusLogic MultiMaster clones are also supported by the bt driver. SEE ALSO
cd(4), da(4), sa(4), scsi(4) HISTORY
The bt driver first appeared in the 386BSD patch kit. AUTHORS
Julian Elischer wrote a driver for the Multimaster cards that appeared in the 386BSD patch kit. The driver was rewritten by Justin T. Gibbs to take advantage of new board features and work with the CAM SCSI framework in FreeBSD 3.0. Special thanks to Leonard N. Zubkoff for writing such a complete and well documented Mylex/BusLogic MultiMaster driver for Linux. Support in this driver for the wide range of MultiMaster controllers and firmware revisions, with their otherwise undocumented quirks, would not have been possible without his efforts. BSD
June 18, 2006 BSD