Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers xml to csv using sed and awk command Post 302603580 by sbk on Thursday 1st of March 2012 11:54:34 AM
Old 03-01-2012
Thanks Corona688 for reply.

Sorry I was not clear in my 1st post.

test xml as below :

Code:
<JobStatus>
   <DataDate> 2011-06-01 </DataDate> 
   <StartTime>2011-11-25T00:03:28</StartTime> 
   <JobTypeCode>12002</JobTypeCode> 
   <StatusCode>0</StatusCode> 
   <JobParameterCode>103</JobParameterCode> 
   <JobParameterValue>201</JobParameterValue> 
</JobStatus>

As of now, NO multi-structured xml as of now.

I can use perl XML:simple module, but I want to use only unix commands like sed/awk etc .

Thanks

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags. Moved from HP-UX forum

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing xml with awk/sed

Hi people!, I need extract from the file (test-file.txt) the values between <context> and </context> tag's , the total are 7 lines,but i can only get 5 or 2 lines!!:confused: Please look my code: #awk '/context/{flag=1} /\/context/{flag=0} !/context/{ if (flag==1) p rint $0; }'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricgamch
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed/something else for csv file

Hi, I have a filename.csv in which there are 3 colums, ie: Name ; prefixnumber ; number root ; 020 ; 1234567 user1,2,3 ; 070 ; 7654321 What I want is to merge colum 2 and 3 that it becomes 0201234567 or even better +31201234567 so the country number is used and drop the leading 0.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: necron
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk convert xml to csv

Hi, I have an xml file and I want to convert it with awk in to a csv file Test.xml <Worksheet ss:Name="Map1"> <Table ss:ExpandedColumnCount="2" ss:ExpandedRowCount="2" x:FullColumns="1" x:FullRows="1" ss:DefaultColumnWidth="60"> <Row> <Cell><Data... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: research3
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in using sed/awk for line insertion in xml

Hello, I have two text files (txt1 and txt2). txt1 contains many lines with a single number in each line. txt2 (xml format) contains information about the numbers given in txt1. I need to insert one line in txt2 within the scope of each number taken from txt1. Sample problem: txt1: 12 23... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML- Sed || Awk Bash script... Help!

Hi ! I'm working into my first bash script to make some xml modification and it's going to make me crazy lol .. so I decide to try into this forum to take some ideas from people that really know about this! This is my situation I've and xml file with a lots of positional values with another tags... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: juampal
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and or sed command to sum the value in repeating tags in a XML

I have a XML in which <Amt Ccy="EUR">3.1</Amt> tag repeats. This is under another tag <Main>. I need to sum all the values of <Amt Ccy=""> (Ccy may vary) coming under <Main> using awk and or sed command. can some help? Sample looks like below <root> <Main> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bk_12345
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify xml using sed or awk

Hi All, I want to modify(changing the status from "on" to "off" status of Stage-element value from the below xml file using sed or awk: File Name: global.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <config> <widget> <name>HTTP-POOL</name> <attributes> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wamqemail2
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML to CSV using awk or shell script

Hello, I am working on a part of code where I need a awk or shell script to convert the given XML file to CSV or TXT file. There are multiple xml files and of different structure, so a single script is required for converting data. I did find a lot of solutions in the forum but... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashmitha
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does the sed command here exactly doing to csv file?

I have the following csv file at the path; now using sed command. what is this exactly doing. sed -i 's//,/g' /FTP/LAB_RESULT_CM.csv Thank you very much for the helpful info. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
2 Replies
Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)

NAME
Linux::Distribution::Packages - list all packages on various Linux distributions SYNOPSIS
use Linux::Distribution::Packages qw(distribution_packages distribution_write); $linux = new Linux::Distribution::Packages({'format' => 'csv', 'output_file' => 'packages.csv'}); $linux->distribution_write(); # Or you can (re)set the options when you write. $linux->distribution_write({'format' => 'xml', 'output_file' => 'packages.xml'}); # If you want to reload the package data $linux->distribution_packages(); DESCRIPTION
This is a simple module that uses Linux::Distribution to guess the linux distribution and then uses the correct commands to list all the packages on the system and then output them in one of three formats: native, csv, and xml. Distributions currently working: debian, ubuntu, fedora, redhat, suse, gentoo, slackware, redflag. The module inherits from Linux::Distribution, so can also use its calls. EXPORT None by default. TODO
* Add the capability to correctly get packages for all recognized distributions. * Seperate out parsing from writing. Parse data to hash and give access to hash. Then write the formatted data from the hash. AUTHORS
Judith Lebzelter, <judith@osdl.org> Alberto Re, <alberto@accidia.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.1 2006-04-19 Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)