Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VPN on an online server
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers VPN on an online server Post 302603572 by spynappels on Thursday 1st of March 2012 11:28:49 AM
Old 03-01-2012
If you use the How-To on the OpenVPN website, they do make things quite easy, just make sure you set it up in Routed mode.

2 things to watch for:

In the OpenVPN server config file, you need to enable "client-to-client" and make sure you push routes to all clients.

In the kernel of the server, you need to enable IPv4 forwarding.

Also make sure you open the Firewall port 1194 on the server.

Last edited by spynappels; 03-01-2012 at 12:59 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 - vpn server

I would like to setup my solaris 10 x86 system as a vpn server. I can't seem to find any good links on setting it up. Do you guys have some links that could walk me thru on setting up the vpn server so that windows clients can connect to it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Cisco IOS VPN server IKE

How do I tell if Cisco IOS VPN server IKE is running on my solaris 10 system (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgsanders
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help explaining how to use a VPN on a UNIX server with a Mac OS

I have gotten a gig to teach someone how to use a VPN client for a UNIX server on a MAC os. The problem is I have never used UNIX, dont mess with VPN's (my dad has a VPN that I have used a couple of times). I'm currently taking a crash course on UNIX but I was wondering if anyone could help me with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psycopuppy
0 Replies

4. AIX

Help Me - AIX server connect to a VPN network

Hi, I have a task requested by my boss to create a script to enable a server to connect to a vpn network and then to connect to another server to upload some data... How can I connect to a vpn network from AIX server? via telnet? ssh? I have tried to google but mostly the answers are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mushr00m
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Cisco VPN server and client - connection drop

I have a Cisco 1841 router configured as Easy VPN Server. Here is the configuration of the router: Cisco# Cisco#show running-config Building configuration... Current configura - Pastebin.com I have a Centos 5.7 server with installed Cisco VPN client for Linux. The client successfully... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcbandit
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

Can Solaris VPN to a Server without breaking it's other networking rules !?

Hi All, Actually a very basic question this one. I've got a Solaris 10 x86 server box on a network. There are a group of other servers I need to connect to from it, but via a VPN connection. If I install a vpn client on my solaris box, can I configure the VPN connection so it only routes certain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mikecouk
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

VPN Server & Client

First of all, hello. I have a problem installing a vpn server and client. My server is a computer running windows 7, and windows, running a virtual machine running debian. In the debian system, I've the vpn server installed (SoftEther VPN Server) The problems come when I try to connect to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blues23
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Choosing VPN server based on server response times

Hello all, I am using the VPN provider Private Internet Access. I am using the Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB of RAM, performance on this upgraded board is great. Anyways I am connecting to its service using systemd's openvpn-client @ US_New_York_City.service I wonder if I can create a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: haloslayer255
5 Replies
Referrals(3)						       globus gass transfer						      Referrals(3)

NAME
Referrals - Functions globus_size_t globus_gass_transfer_referral_get_count (globus_gass_transfer_referral_t *referral) char * globus_gass_transfer_referral_get_url (globus_gass_transfer_referral_t *referral, globus_size_t index) int globus_gass_transfer_referral_destroy (globus_gass_transfer_referral_t *referral) Detailed Description The GASS Transfer API supports referring URL requests to alternate URLs via referrals. Referrals are essentially pointers to another URL or URLs which contain the same file as the original location which a client has requested of a server. Referrals may span multiple protocol schemes, though not all protocols may be able to generate referrals. For example, an HTTP server may refer a client to another HTTP server, an HTTPS server. Upon receiving a referred response from a server, a client should query the request handle to determine from where the file can be retrieved. Function Documentation globus_size_t globus_gass_transfer_referral_get_count (globus_gass_transfer_referral_t *referral) Get the number of URLs in this referral. This function examines the referral to determine if the number of URLs which are contained in it. Each of these URLs should either point to another referral, or to a URL containing the equivalent file as the original URL request which caused this referral. Parameters: referral The referral structure to query. Returns: This function returns the number of URL entries in the referral, or 0, if there are none. char* globus_gass_transfer_referral_get_url (globus_gass_transfer_referral_t *referral, globus_size_tindex) Get a URL string from a referral. This function examines the referral to retrieve a URL string from it. A valid referal will contain one or more strings. They are indexed from 0 to the value returned by globus_gass_transfer_referral_get_count() - 1. The string returned by this function must not be freed by the caller. It will remain valid until the referral structure is destroyed. Parameters: referral The referral structure to query. index The URL to extract from the referral. Returns: This function returns a string pointer containing the URL, or NULL if the index or referral were invalid. int globus_gass_transfer_referral_destroy (globus_gass_transfer_referral_t *referral) Free all memory used by a referral. This function frees all memory used by this referral. After calling this function, the strings returned by calling globus_gass_transfer_referral_get_url() must not be accessed. Any further attempts to extract informatoin from this referral will fail. Parameters: referral The referral to destroy. Return values: GLOBUS_SUCCESS The referral was successfully destroyed. GLOBUS_GASS_TRANSFER_ERROR_NULL_POINTER The referral parameter was GLOBUS_NULL. It could not be destroyed. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for globus gass transfer from the source code. Version 7.2 Mon Apr 30 2012 Referrals(3)